Twitter: Dak had football field built at his home

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Why does it have to be Romo or Dak? I think we are/were lucky to have both. Both were steals, and continue(d) to get better every year. I think both have the right attitude and are hard workers. If Romo's body had held up, he probably would have had his chance. Both frustrate me though in that they both walked into pretty good teams to begin their careers in good situations to win it all and couldn't get there. You can only field talent for so long before it's time to rebuild. Dak is going to miss this o-line and running back as it starts aging and retiring. Have to grab it and win it all when you get the chance.
because the romosexuals are still upset he never learned how to slide. and he cared more about golf in the offseason than football

basel90

Reaction score
no he has not performed way above Romo . Both have good stats behind elite OL/WR . Dak probably has better RB play . But no significant playoff wins .
In fact romo had probably more games where he lead the team back and clinched wins . in Dak’s case , it is mostly garbage time yards and no comeback I can recall when the running game stalls and the team needs him .
Dak is a tier 2 QB , and that is not my opinion alone . Players and experts rank him between 10-15 .
prove it year? not sure how you came to that conclusion when they were offering him a 5 year contract!!!! geez people, you can't make up stuff to fit your argument of the moment.[/QUOTE]
this is the industry , jerry sees there is demand for Dak , and jerry will keep his as long as he can to give the cowboys options. if dak wins the CCG or the superbowl then he will pay him whatever he wants. If he tanks or plays mediocre or regresses more , then he will consider keeping him at 37 mil or trade him or let him walk . QBs are an asset in football and the 5 year offer means nothing without the guarantee money.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
prove it year? not sure how you came to that conclusion when they were offering him a 5 year contract!!!! geez people, you can't make up stuff to fit your argument of the moment.
this is the industry , jerry sees there is demand for Dak , and jerry will keep his as long as he can to give the cowboys options. if dak wins the CCG or the superbowl then he will pay him whatever he wants. If he tanks or plays mediocre or regresses more , then he will consider keeping him at 37 mil or trade him or let him walk . QBs are an asset in football and the 5 year offer means nothing without the guarantee money.[/QUOTE]
but this is the final outcome, that's not how it started....after the season, negotiatins, etc. he was offered a 5 year deal.....it wasn't as if they said, you are tagged and we are not negotiating any longer...if that's what they did, then that would be a prove it year. if he didn't get a multi year offer that would be a prove it year. they didn't come to agreement, so the only choice was the tag for one year.....

they must have believed he was worth it for them to make a 5 year offer....that's the point...