Dak has 10 games now with 400 or more yards

starfan1

Reaction score
A bit like Romo in 2014, except Dak has a better defense backing him and the offense. It took Dak longer to settle into this rhythm this year, with the offensive changes. Hope he can keep it up.
I see some similarities I wish the entire team on offense was similar to 14. Then we would be solid SB contender

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A bit like Romo in 2014, except Dak has a better defense backing him and the offense. It took Dak longer to settle into this rhythm this year, with the offensive changes. Hope he can keep it up.
Yeah this post-49er game Dak reminds me of the the Romo we saw at the end of 2013 and carried into 2014. The Cowboys were something like 20-3 in games Romo started in 2014 and 2015 before he got hurt for good against the Panthers. Dak is in a similar groove. The difference is Dak is 4-5 years younger reaching this point in his development than Romo was. A fact that makes my heart smile. His body is in better shape and his mind is getting sharper by the minute. Oh and his #88 might not be as physically imposing as Romo's #88 but he is a far better route runner and technician at the position. Meaning he will have a much longer career barring injuries. The next 5 years with Dak and CeeDee is going to write even more NFL records.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yeah this post-49er game Dak reminds me of the the Romo we saw at the end of 2013 and carried into 2014. The Cowboys were something like 20-3 in games Romo started in 2014 and 2015 before he got hurt for good against the Panthers. Dak is in a similar groove. The difference is Dak is 4-5 years younger reaching this point in his development than Romo was. A fact that makes my heart smile. His body is in better shape and his mind is getting sharper by the minute. Oh and his #88 might not be as physically imposing as Romo's #88 but he is a far better route runner and technician at the position. Meaning he will have a much longer career barring injuries. The next 5 years with Dak and CeeDee is going to write even more NFL records.
PAY THE MAN JERRY!.............. Both of them but especially the one that wears 88

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Congrats. He beat up on a terrible giants team twice now. He can win all the accolades possible and it doesn't matter if he can't lead the team to a SB or at least the championship game.

Ken

Reaction score
Shhhhh.. haters came out for 5 mins during game thread
They were spoon happy too. The cockrpaches came scurrying about and then Dak came out with the can of Raid (5tds) and wiped them all out...lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Congrats. He beat up on a terrible giants team twice now. He can win all the accolades possible and it doesn't matter if he can't lead the team to a SB or at least the championship game.
First of all I agree that getting deep in the playoffs is something that needs to happen.. However I could not disagree more about how these guys are playing. It absolutely does matter. At some point we as fans have to come to grips with the fact that a lot of things have to go your way for you win a championship. As much as anything the Cowboys have been ridiculously unlucky these last 28 yards. Yes they have also been pretty stupid and their own worst enemy (Jerry) at times but they have also had some god awful luck along the way. From rewriting the rules about catching the ball in Green Bay to Byron Jones forgetting that he had a 44 inch vertical against Green Bay (yes I am saying if he just elevates he rejects that throw to Cook into the third row ) or just limping into the playoffs all beat to hell at RB1 and along the line these last two season.. Things simply have not fallen our way. Maybe this is the year that changes who knows.. Other times they've just been stupid (changing the RB rotation that got them 13 wins in 2007) or just not good enough in 2009 and 2018. Or just old and worn down like in '98 and '99.

Bottom line though is that it's about competing. The guys have to come out and compete. Give it their all every down, every game and I will live with the results. You can't control the calls or the breaks that go against you or for you... but you can control how you complete. I know this team is good enough to get to the promised land.. but I also recognize that it's not 100% up to them. I may not like it, but pretending otherwise does me no good whatsoever.

Sydla

Reaction score
1st player in NFL history to have 10 games with 400 yards passing.

Got an alert from ESPN.

That's great and all but at the end of the day aren't QBs judged by what they've won on top of their statistical accomplishments?

In this case, Dak has put up some eye popping numbers but he's also had his struggles at some pretty important moments. He needs to finally break through IMO to be considered one of the league's best QBs. He'll likely get another chance coming down the stretch this season and most likely in the playoffs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's great and all but at the end of the day aren't QBs judged by what they've won on top of their statistical accomplishments?

In this case, Dak has put up some eye popping numbers but he's also had his struggles at some pretty important moments. He needs to finally break through IMO to be considered one of the league's best QBs. He'll likely get another chance coming down the stretch this season and most likely in the playoffs.
Just another stat. But fun to see. Still waiting on playoff success like we all are.
However, I will also enjoy the season as it unfolds.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
First of all I agree that getting deep in the playoffs is something that needs to happen.. However I could not disagree more about how these guys are playing. It absolutely does matter. At some point we as fans have to come to grips with the fact that a lot of things have to go your way for you win a championship. As much as anything the Cowboys have been ridiculously unlucky these last 28 yards. Yes they have also been pretty stupid and their own worst enemy (Jerry) at times but they have also had some god awful luck along the way. From rewriting the rules about catching the ball in Green Bay to Byron Jones forgetting that he had a 44 inch vertical against Green Bay (yes I am saying if he just elevates he rejects that throw to Cook into the third row ) or just limping into the playoffs all beat to hell at RB1 and along the line these last two season.. Things simply have not fallen our way. Maybe this is the year that changes who knows.. Other times they've just been stupid (changing the RB rotation that got them 13 wins in 2007) or just not good enough in 2009 and 2018. Or just old and worn down like in '98 and '99.

Bottom line though is that it's about competing. The guys have to come out and compete. Give it their all every down, every game and I will live with the results. You can't control the calls or the breaks that go against you or for you... but you can control how you complete. I know this team is good enough to get to the promised land.. but I also recognize that it's not 100% up to them. I may not like it, but pretending otherwise does me no good whatsoever.
All good. Happy for the win, but i'm not going to get all crazy about a win vs one of the worst teams in the NFL.