Dak has been lights out

KB1122

Reaction score
We have a very good running back tandem, good receivers, 4 quality tight ends, solid OL, and a big play defense. If it's possible to win without a great quarterback, then this is what it would look like, and it's not going to look any better in the future.

So either Dak gets it done this year or he's the weak link.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
A few two hands catchable "high" balls, which were caught. Not every throw is going to be right on the chest between the jersey numbers. All QBs throw several passes that are "high" or slightly off target but still catchable.

This is what gets me about the Dak criticism...if you watch other games, you see WR's making spectacular catches and having to adjust in order to make catches off the mark. This is common (including with the considered elite QBs). Yet this is a judgement of how Dak isn't even considered a backup QB by those who are criticizing.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Nobody will probably talk about this but I saw Dak throw a block on Jalen Smith when Zeke ran for 16 yd and I was ecstatic.

That is the old Dak that I love to see.
Dak is a big physical player and I love to see him use his legs move the chains and use that physical power he has to our advantage

I saw that, that was awesome to see from QB1

Reaction score
I think his best game ever was against the 8-1 Vikings. More on that in a minute,

I think the critics of him in the SF game and then Bucs game to start the season were off. “Can’t win against good teams”

I think the Bucs was a lack of preseason practice. I think the SF game was that he knew cee dee was a poor route runner (he rarely targeted one on one matchups) and didn’t want to lose the game on turn overs early. Dak does not like poor route runners. CeeDee has improved late this year, but last year, he was a bit of a liability. Plus, Dak and Zeke were banged up late last year.

Back to the Vikes. So he he plays a highly successful team in the Vikings and carves them up. He follows up with a very good game against a 7 win NYG team. He is beating good teams.

QB1 has been great.

It was eye opening how the hapless Patriots offense hung 30 on the Vikes,,, and on the road no less,,,, Vikes not playing good defense at all.

Division games are impossible to gauge, you just have to throw those out, so the only real test left in the regular season is the Titans game. If Dak can be successful against them then I'll feel better about the playoffs. It will be tough because he'll have limited opportunities and the pressure will be on to help the defense out, no more choking.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All QBs throw high passes that receivers have to make plays on. Dak is under such a ridiculous microscope. It's mind boggling. He can complete 29 of 30 and people will mention the one incompletion or criticize some of the 29 throws that were caught. I don't think he's above scrutiny, but the standard is unattainable.
:hammer::popcorn:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where is yours for claiming he is not accurate...

Oh wait I forgot, the good ole eye test

LOL
I never said he wasn't.

My "eye test" says he and receivers have a little trouble with a certain play or two. No biggie.

But it figures you would shrink from the claim YOU JUST made and deflect.

I'm actually aware of some of the stats.....I just wanted to see if you'd exactly as I suspected.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have a very good running back tandem, good receivers, 4 quality tight ends, solid OL, and a big play defense. If it's possible to win without a great quarterback, then this is what it would look like, and it's not going to look any better in the future.

So either Dak gets it done this year or he's the weak link.
OH NOW our Offense has great players, all But Dak..what happened to" Historically BAD Offseason"
Lost

Cooper
Wilson
Jarwin
Cwill
collins
Turner..

everyone's screaming for another WR all year, Said Losing AC was a monumental mistake by the FO, CEEDEE not a 1 hes 2 , gallups at best a 3 , want OBJ et etc so now we are loaded with talent LOL this is what you all said all year!!

Ironic al these players seem to be peaking now that daks back , this offense couldn't get to 20 with Rush but Daks the weak link??

we letting the penalties that constantly have Dak and this offense playing behind the chains, taking back big plays, missed FG, defense allowing soem easy drives early??

so Dak needs to be perfect or Hes the reason we lose or not win by enough but no one else is making mistakes???LMAO total troll response.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol still can’t answer a question that would force ya to say something positive

that would be hatin and that would qualify you as a troll but that isn’t a professional diagnosis but merely an “ OBSERVATION”

Must be painful for you when the team wins and he gets player of the game :laugh::laugh:
Vet MIGHT qualify. But I'd rather put him in the same camp as you have been...at times. It's just Dak instead of zeke.:p

Dak has played quite well the last couple games. Vet usually replies "negatively" when people try to make it way more than what it was. He has offered real stats in that regard. They certainly aren't super human. And that's okay with me. He doesn;t need to be and we might not want to pretend he is...very much like...zeke.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was eye opening how the hapless Patriots offense hung 30 on the Vikes,,, and on the road no less,,,, Vikes not playing good defense at all.

Division games are impossible to gauge, you just have to throw those out, so the only real test left in the regular season is the Titans game. If Dak can be successful against them then I'll feel better about the playoffs. It will be tough because he'll have limited opportunities and the pressure will be on to help the defense out, no more choking.
So essentially a spin..

"Dak can't beat good teams" you scream..

Then he beats two good teams.

"Well vikes don't count and giants don't count...because"

And you complain about the Dak supporters spinning. Yet you have done the best job of all.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
“Lights out” is hyperbole. He’s managed the game well and made plays when it mattered. He turned it over twice yesterday, but one of them should have been DPI.

And the other one should have been negated by the defense being offsides. Biadasz saw the defender jump across and immediately snapped it and the play became an improvised deep shot. You even see Gallup completely change up his route after looking back and seeing what was going on. If Dak had known they didn't throw the flag I doubt he even attempts that throw.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the idea of a 'fast start' is what prevents us from having them. Football is methodical and while I know it's exciting to exhibit the air attack we're really not built that way. Yet we consistently try to come out with it in hopes of a fast start. We need to start each game the same. Heavy run game pounding the defense into submission. Controlling t.o.p. Good, smart defense. That done with consistency will get us the wins but the starts wont be fast most times. Too many times we've seen trickery and other stuff when the basics are all thats needed. We're still winning so you can't knock it too much but I think the old school approach to the game still works and right now we're built for it.
I'm not sure a "fast start" is necessary. But we have at least be IN the game at half. Like this one. It allowed us to just play our game...instead of trying for heroics.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lol still can’t answer a question that would force ya to say something positive

that would be hatin and that would qualify you as a troll but that isn’t a professional diagnosis but merely an “ OBSERVATION”

Must be painful for you when the team wins and he gets player of the game :laugh::laugh:

Do you really believe with any fiber of your being that I give two sh-ts what you or anyone else think of me?

Reaction score
So essentially a spin..

"Dak can't beat good teams" you scream..

Then he beats two good teams.

"Well vikes don't count and giants don't count...because"

And you complain about the Dak supporters spinning. Yet you have done the best job of all.

LOL,,, so you're redefining critical thinking as being "spin".

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I never said he wasn't.

My "eye test" says he and receivers have a little trouble with a certain play or two. No biggie.

But it figures you would shrink from the claim YOU JUST made and deflect.

I'm actually aware of some of the stats.....I just wanted to see if you'd exactly as I suspected.
I didn't deflect. If you are asking me, why are you not providing the same?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think the idea of a 'fast start' is what prevents us from having them. Football is methodical and while I know it's exciting to exhibit the air attack we're really not built that way. Yet we consistently try to come out with it in hopes of a fast start. We need to start each game the same. Heavy run game pounding the defense into submission. Controlling t.o.p. Good, smart defense. That done with consistency will get us the wins but the starts wont be fast most times. Too many times we've seen trickery and other stuff when the basics are all thats needed. We're still winning so you can't knock it too much but I think the old school approach to the game still works and right now we're built for it.

I am talking about the times Dak and the offense looked confused, the play calling is ineffective, and the mistakes are running rampant.

Lots of games to look back on that fit this pattern. When the offense lacks crisp execution, we become our own worst enemy. It takes time for us “to get out of our own way” and I’d like to see them be more effective earlier in games

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not sure a "fast start" is necessary. But we have at least be IN the game at half. Like this one. It allowed us to just play our game...instead of trying for heroics.

Agree.. getting off to a fast start is nice but as long as the defense is clamping down there is no need to get away from doing what we do. In years past Moore has treated a 3 point deficit like a 3 TD deficit which has allowed defenses to tee off on Dak and throttle our offense. For the most part this season he has not lost his damn mind completely just because we go down a score.. I don't know if that's him learning or McCarthy threatening him.. but other than the Tampa, Philly and Green Bay games, we've stayed with the run no matter what. Or rather I should say we have stayed balanced no matter what.