Dak has been lights out

Verdict

Reaction score
I think his best game ever was against the 8-1 Vikings. More on that in a minute,

I think the critics of him in the SF game and then Bucs game to start the season were off. “Can’t win against good teams”

I think the Bucs was a lack of preseason practice. I think the SF game was that he knew cee dee was a poor route runner (he rarely targeted one on one matchups) and didn’t want to lose the game on turn overs early. Dak does not like poor route runners. CeeDee has improved late this year, but last year, he was a bit of a liability. Plus, Dak and Zeke were banged up late last year.

Back to the Vikes. So he he plays a highly successful team in the Vikings and carves them up. He follows up with a very good game against a 7 win NYG team. He is beating good teams.

QB1 has been great.
Dak had a great game against the Vikings as a whole. Dak was very bad in the opening half of the game against the Giants. The receivers bailed Dak out a bit in the second half.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOL,,, so you're redefining critical thinking as being "spin".
Yeah, that is another spin.

So you are dismissing what you asked to see by diminishing what was accomplished.

He did it. But they weren't good enough for me.

Now will you also say he beat a team that has a bad record but the bad team is actually better than their records? No you would be here saying he can only beat bad teams.

Like I said...a spin.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is what gets me about the Dak criticism...if you watch other games, you see WR's making spectacular catches and having to adjust in order to make catches off the mark. This is common (including with the considered elite QBs). Yet this is a judgement of how Dak isn't even considered a backup QB by those who are criticizing.
I've never seen a single Dak critic saying that he couldn't be a BU QB in this league...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't deflect. If you are asking me, why are you not providing the same?
I made no claim.

I simply asked you for YOUR sources....that's it. I didn;t claim debate of debunk.

Got ya pretty worked up about it sheesh. Never mind. It doesn;t even matter to me. Dak is playing good football and that's all I care about. Yes...my eye test. So sue me.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am talking about the times Dak and the offense looked confused, the play calling is ineffective, and the mistakes are running rampant.

Lots of games to look back on that fit this pattern. When the offense lacks crisp execution, we become our own worst enemy. It takes time for us “to get out of our own way” and I’d like to see them be more effective earlier in games

Sometimes you have to acknowledge the other team man. Sometimes the DC comes out with a plan that is the perfect counter for what your plan was on offense. That's why running the ball is SO huge early on. If everybody blocks his man it doesn't matter if the defense knows the damn play, they can't stop you from moving the ball. Lots of QBs come out of the gate overhyped especially in big games and start out missing easy throws. Elway was notorious for it.. So was Staubach to a lesser extent.. Why do you think they were known for all those comebacks? Dak is a lot like that.. I think he gets himself too worked up sometimes heading into big games and it takes him a quarter or a half to settle down. Moore has to see that and make calls that settle him down.. Runs, rollouts, boots and waggles.. even a couple of called QB runs all help to burn up the adrenaline and settle him in..

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I've never seen a single Dak critic saying that he couldn't be a BU QB in this league...

You have got to be joking... there are at least a half dozen if not more on this site alone who have said that.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Well you must have blocked the two or three idiots who loudly proclaimed he would be "out of the league in two years" because "there is no way the Cowboys are going to sign him to a long term deal and no team in the NFL will pick him up after that injury because he'll never be the same.." If you have blocked them.. kudos to you. I probably should do the same..

Momanpr100

Reaction score
It's almost as if these "critics" didn't watch they favorite Qb struggle with the Lions :muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I made no claim.

I simply asked you for YOUR sources....that's it. I didn;t claim debate of debunk.

Got ya pretty worked up about it sheesh. Never mind. It doesn;t even matter to me. Dak is playing good football and that's all I care about. Yes...my eye test. So sue me.
plenty of data available. as I have said before, you don't look at one stat to indicate anything. completion %, YAC, poor passes thrown, deep passes at different distances, QB ratings, etc....
google it. see it for yourself, make your own judgement. your mind is made up, so what difference will it make...

Dak is not elite. but he is not bad. some folks here make it out to be the 90%+ of his passes are inaccurate as if the WR has to contort his body like a magician to make the catches. based on one or two throws they key on and then compare it in a vaccum as if no other QB does that....again, he is not elite.

but like I said, most folks don't have anything they fall back on but their eye test...

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Well you must have blocked the two or three idiots who loudly proclaimed he would be "out of the league in two years" because "there is no way the Cowboys are going to sign him to a long term deal and no team in the NFL will pick him up after that injury because he'll never be the same.." If you have blocked them.. kudos to you. I probably should do the same..
I have never blocked anyone, I appreciate everyone's opinion rather I agree with them or not.
I have always believed that blocking peeps is narrowing an open forums perspective.
If one chooses to do so, they are in fact creating a forum that only supports their beliefs and their opinions, and that environment does not invite the possibility to ever change ones opinion.
Blocking open thought is what has changed society for the worse and a cause for a lot of problems we have today.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have never blocked anyone, I appreciate everyone's opinion rather I agree with them or not.
I have always believed that blocking peeps is narrowing an open forums perspective.
If one chooses to do so, they are in fact creating a forum that only supports their beliefs and their opinions, and that environment does not invite the possibility to ever change ones opinion.
Blocking open thought is what has changed society for the worse and a cause for a lot of problems we have today.

Yeah I've never blocked anyone either.. I was merely postulating that as the only way you could have missed those posts by those clowns.. Maybe you skipped over their posts mentally rather than electronically because you recognized it for the gibberish it was. Again kudos to you for that.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to acknowledge the other team man. Sometimes the DC comes out with a plan that is the perfect counter for what your plan was on offense. That's why running the ball is SO huge early on. If everybody blocks his man it doesn't matter if the defense knows the damn play, they can't stop you from moving the ball. Lots of QBs come out of the gate overhyped especially in big games and start out missing easy throws. Elway was notorious for it.. So was Staubach to a lesser extent.. Why do you think they were known for all those comebacks? Dak is a lot like that.. I think he gets himself too worked up sometimes heading into big games and it takes him a quarter or a half to settle down. Moore has to see that and make calls that settle him down.. Runs, rollouts, boots and waggles.. even a couple of called QB runs all help to burn up the adrenaline and settle him in..

You make a valid point, and certainly the other team is getting paid to play football too.

But

Our east-west reverse game is horrid, the mental mistakes, and the pre snap penalties are not on the D. I think in some games, the other team has prepared better for us than we have for them— hence looking confused and sloppy.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think his best game ever was against the 8-1 Vikings. More on that in a minute,

I think the critics of him in the SF game and then Bucs game to start the season were off. “Can’t win against good teams”

I think the Bucs was a lack of preseason practice. I think the SF game was that he knew cee dee was a poor route runner (he rarely targeted one on one matchups) and didn’t want to lose the game on turn overs early. Dak does not like poor route runners. CeeDee has improved late this year, but last year, he was a bit of a liability. Plus, Dak and Zeke were banged up late last year.

Back to the Vikes. So he he plays a highly successful team in the Vikings and carves them up. He follows up with a very good game against a 7 win NYG team. He is beating good teams.

QB1 has been great.
He has got to protect the ball better.
4 INTs in the last 3 games is a concern.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Oh, so in spite of throwing the passes it wasn't Dak's fault......typical BS defend Dak at all costs sickofans.
So many ex-receivers and coaches said and explained how some of those Interceptions were not Dak's fault. Are you saying you know more than them?

blueblood70

Reaction score
He has got to protect the ball better.
4 INTs in the last 3 games is a concern.
Stafford had 17 last year led the League all the way to a SB win..and?How many does Allen have?Tb12 had 3 in the nfccg?

some of those INTs are not his fault, we saw it we know what the deal actually is..he only had 10 all year last year, sometimes they just happen.

I think its ironic those who claim that int at the sideline expecting a flag that didn't but should have been thrown were like the 2 for Rush in the Washington game and the zone sure made excuses as to why rush threw those ie knowing he had a penalty coming, so he threw it trying to make a play. odd huh hypocrisy here when routes are run wrong, balls are tipped at the line , or bounce off a WR hands but hey Daks needs to clean that up.LOL

Qcard

Reaction score
A few two hands catchable "high" balls, which were caught. Not every throw is going to be right on the chest between the jersey numbers. All QBs throw several passes that are "high" or slightly off target but still catchable.
Catch Radius is a Foreign Concept to Dak Haters especially EVER SINCE Prescott earned QB1

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I liked that Dak seemed a lot more comfortable in the pocket in the second half. Looked a lot more willing to move, roll out when necessary, etc. Felt statuesque and uncertain how to handle the pocket pressure in the first half.

starfan1

Reaction score
Do you really believe with any fiber of your being that I give two sh-ts what you or anyone else think of me?
Nope I bet you don’t and that’s fine. But you fit the profile you despise

still won’t answer the ?. It’s ok I realize you need to have a week where the cowboys suck and you can put it all in the qb :laugh::laugh: