Dak has gone from bus driver to the threshold of elite

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yes bland and workaday fans, this is not the same Dak who was formerly only workmanlike, robotic and with few flashes of greatness in him.

But, if 4 games is an indicator, Dak Prescott is now in the pantheon of NFL stars, joining his contemporaries i.e. Brady, Mahomes and Wilson.

And after the first game against the Bugs when Dark was a pass a happy QB with 400+ passing yards and our ground game was abysmal, I called for a more balanced attack with equal parts running and gunnin' the ball.
Since then, Dak has been 3-0. Yes, I am like a football genus.

And, me lovable squatters, haulers and drywall contractors, the following is what will keep Dak elite, steady and healthy: pounding the rock and passing the ball as a powerful change-up and not overly exposing himself as a passer.

Hollah, and brings me a dollah!

Don't you mean Dallas has been 3-0 since the rushing game was better featured?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes bland and workaday fans, this is not the same Dak who was formerly only workmanlike, robotic and with few flashes of greatness in him.

But, if 4 games is an indicator, Dak Prescott is now in the pantheon of NFL stars, joining his contemporaries i.e. Brady, Mahomes and Wilson.

And after the first game against the Bugs when Dark was a pass a happy QB with 400+ passing yards and our ground game was abysmal, I called for a more balanced attack with equal parts running and gunnin' the ball.

And, me lovable squatters, haulers and drywall contractors, the following is what will keep Dak elite, steady and healthy: pounding the rock and passing the ball as a powerful change-up and not overly exposing himself as a passer.

You’re too late to the party. No band wagon Dak fans from being a previous charter member of Dak Haters club without first admitting you were wrong.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Bus driver is an over/misused phrase to place shade on him. He's improved every season, minus his injury. There needs to be improvement on the O line and in the red-zone.

JBond

Reaction score
Hey now calm yourself down there fella, we old timers have 26 years of filth to wash off. :)
It is fun to watch this year though.
I don't walk out of the room anymore when we are on defense. It feels like a young hungry team that will only get better on both sides of the ball.

That is a Super Bowl winning recipe.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh I see, it's okay to use the team record for Dak when they are winning but when they weren't playing well then it's a team game and a team record isn't on 1 player. Now I see how it works.
No, you really don't. The offensive game plan adjusts to the match-ups of the opposing defense. Prescott and the receiving core have zero issue moving the ball, they literally have all season. Teams that are legit and competitive aren't one dimensional.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Mamasela! :muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh I see, it's okay to use the team record for Dak when they are winning but when they weren't playing well then it's a team game and a team record isn't on 1 player. Now I see how it works.
It’s not that it’s the fact you keep crapping on the Cowboys QB over and over and over again.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s exactly why folks getting excited about 400+ yard games by Dak are dimwits.

I’ll take a balanced offensive attack and Dak playing efficiently any day over the “dAx th3 onleee Qb to thrOw for 400 yArdz in 4 str8ght gAmez!!!!” crowd.

2016 was the right approach, except now you’re getting Dak in his prime with a full grasp of the offense and confidence off the charts.
Not necessarily.

Sometimes, passing for high amounts is needed when your running attack is being shut down and you're trying to keep up with a high scoring opposing Offense (ie the Week 1 game vs the Buccaneers).

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No, you really don't. The offensive game plan adjusts to the match-ups of the opposing defense. Prescott and the receiving core have zero issue moving the ball, they literally have all season. Teams that are legit and competitive aren't one dimensional.

Dallas was balanced in 2016 and 2018 when they went to the playoffs but when the passing game was heavily featured Dallas has not gone to the playoffs......it's as simple as that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

any team that can run the ball, will have success. any coach in the NFL will tell you that. its not a secret. where he has made the leap is in defensive recognition and changing the play to what best leads to success. I am sure defenses are worried about the cowboys passing attack and have been dropping extra defenders and focus on pass defense, thus the cowboys have been take your poison type of offense and we can easily take what you give us.

the other very noticable difference has been the play of the defense. we can't deny the way this defense has played this past three weeks (4th quarter of panthers game not withstanding). they have bottled up the opponents. applied consistent (key) pressure and getting turnovers.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It’s not that it’s the fact you keep crapping on the Cowboys QB over and over and over again.

Crapping on the QB by simply pointing out the Cowboys are 3-0??? Yeah, I think you get very defensive anytime someone references Dak and that shows an emotional connection which is very strange.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dallas was balanced in 2016 and 2018 when they went to the playoffs but when the passing game was heavily featured Dallas has not gone to the playoffs......it's as simple as that.
It's not. 2016 and 2018 isn't 2021. Our defense is lightyears ahead of the recent past and we still have starters not back yet.
Huge difference and the point you attempted to make is invalid.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

You noticed that too?

Dak is 3-0 while the Cowboys are 0-1 this year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I still put him in the 5-7 range. perhaps during the season I change my mind. with that said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. we are lucky we have our franchise QB playing at such a high level
And that seems pretty realistic to me. I tend to think he may be a little higher if he can clean up a few small things. He's played some pretty dang good defenses.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You noticed that too?

Dak is 3-0 while the Cowboys are 0-1 this year.

That's how it is in this group. Then again, anyone that points out stats or facts are haters and trolls yet if I got Dak's name tattooed on my arse like the rest of them then I am accepted.