Dak has gone from bus driver to the threshold of elite

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dallas was balanced in 2016 and 2018 when they went to the playoffs but when the passing game was heavily featured Dallas has not gone to the playoffs......it's as simple as that.

Man either you get it and your just trying to start fights or you dont really get it...the pass game being "featured" was a product of the defense "not being featured" again give the credit to the run game if you like but as I have said...if Dak goes down ..all the sudden the run game being "featured" will not work..why is that?

The Offense ..ALL OF THEM are killing it right now...

pansophy

Reaction score
Never was a bus driver. These takes help me realize how very little the windbags on this board actually observe what they’ve been watching all these years. Or if they do observe, it’s without objectivity.
Forget about command for the offense, which of course improves over the years, if you really think he was as accurate a passer before the throwing motion change then it is you who observed without objectivity.

...and if someone wants to argue otherwise then why did he change it.

The objective observer saw that Dak's game was uneven. In year 1 defenses played Dak like he was Romo, guarding against big plays on the outside and doubling Dez. He killed them up the middle with Witten and Beasley.

Year 2 defenses figured out that Dak's accuracy wasn't good enough for him to hit the outside of the field, so they closed down the middle, and Dak magical first year looked like he was a rookie.

Still inconsistent hitting plays on the sideline, the plan year 3 was to throw more go routes. Dak's first TD of the preseason that year was a go-route. There was also an absence of help at the WR position. Enter Amari -- fortunately an instant connection -- two game breaking games and finally defenses had to defend the whole field again. You could also see his anticipation was there at the end of the year.

Year 4 was the year of the new throwing motion. He looked fantastic to me and I did not care at all that so many yards were generated from falling behind. Those first 3 games proved to me that Dak had done what so few QBs were able to do, which is improve their game weaknesses until they were strengths. He had shoulder problems the 2nd half of the year, and in hindsight, they were probably from the new throwing motion. It affected his accuracy, and probably a lot of guys just saw the same kinds of inaccuracy from years prior.

Last year he was amazing, obviously, and had the ankle injury. I'm glad we signed him and nobody is talking about the money we spent on him. But to say this is the guy we have been seeing all along simply isn't true.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Forget about command for the offense, which of course improves over the years, if you really think he was as accurate a passer before the throwing motion change then it is you who observed without objectivity.

...and if someone wants to argue otherwise then why did he change it.

The objective observer saw that Dak's game was uneven. In year 1 defenses played Dak like he was Romo, guarding against big plays on the outside and doubling Dez. He killed them up the middle with Witten and Beasley.

Year 2 defenses figured out that Dak's accuracy wasn't good enough for him to hit the outside of the field, so they closed down the middle, and Dak magical first year looked like he was a rookie.

Still inconsistent hitting plays on the sideline, the plan year 3 was to throw more go routes. Dak's first TD of the preseason that year was a go-route. There was also an absence of help at the WR position. Enter Amari -- fortunately an instant connection -- two game breaking games and finally defenses had to defend the whole field again. You could also see his anticipation was there at the end of the year.

Year 4 was the year of the new throwing motion. He looked fantastic to me and I did not care at all that so many yards were generated from falling behind. Those first 3 games proved to me that Dak had done what so few QBs were able to do, which is improve their game weaknesses until they were strengths. He had shoulder problems the 2nd half of the year, and in hindsight, they were probably from the new throwing motion. It affected his accuracy, and probably a lot of guys just saw the same kinds of inaccuracy from years prior.

Last year he was amazing, obviously, and had the ankle injury. I'm glad we signed him and nobody is talking about the money we spent on him. But to say this is the guy we have been seeing all along simply isn't true.

Sure he did, again this was a 4th round flyer who has been known to get a job and not release it after, kid has heart and is entirly honest with himself...So yes he saw what needed to be fixed and has worked to get it done. Its pretty amazing to see the change happening. Zeke same thing kid came into the league having never needed to really work to be the best...became honest with himself and got to work and we get to see that work payoff and again amazing to watch. Its all over this team and its awsome to watch. This team is diferent and we probably wont win every game but I see heart and coaching happening...we have shot this year!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yep…

It IS a team game lol

Do you have any criticisms/whines about Dak to drop on the board?

Oooh….oooh….

Here’s one that you can recycle.

We SHOULD be 4-0 if it wasn’t for Dak leaving Brady too much time on the clock!

Remember when you said that?

lol

This is where you look silly as I never said Dallas should be 4-0 if not for Dak leaving Brady too much time.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas was balanced in 2016 and 2018 when they went to the playoffs but when the passing game was heavily featured Dallas has not gone to the playoffs......it's as simple as that.

The Browns and the Callahan RG and dominant OL, led by a mediocre Baker Mayfield already have attested to it these last two years. Went from 6-10 to 11-5 in 1 year and 3-1 to start this season, leading the league in attempts, rushing TDs and yardage. The Browns play in a much tougher division than the NFC East, which includes the Ravens and Steelers. This was the same franchise that went 0-16 in 2017.
And this 11-5 was with a second year, inexperienced OC in Alex Van Pelt.

Mayfield has been sacked 12 times this year in 4 games, which probably attests more too how mediocre the threat of this guy as a passer than the OL cannot pass block. They are 27th in attempts, 26th in yards and 31st in passing TDs.

Anybody that thinks our RG and OL play, which was actually set by Bill Callahan anyways, doesn’t drive the success of this offense, is delusional.

Playing in our offense with our personnel is a QBs dream period. We’ve been floundering around for 5 years, the major reason being the “elite” Dak Prescott. We’ve had the Garrett excuse, the no WRs excuse, the no TOs by defense excuse, the Zeke has lot a step excuse, the OL is not healthy is excuse, because Smith missed one game…. Amari disappears, WRs keep dropping his misplaced passes and so on.

Dak in reality has never elevated the offense. He’s running the talented offense now, that’s been caterer to him for 6 years, well, like any good, not elite, QB would.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You’re too late to the party. No band wagon Dak fans from being a previous charter member of Dak Haters club without first admitting you were wrong.

Oh, look, the cheerleader in his frilly jump suit and see-through pompoms is the gatekeeper for comments about Dak!
First, get yourself a room with Dak's wall poster, then get lost until you develop some humility and shed the arrogance.
You should not live your life being the punchline for prissy subservience.
Heh.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak is no different then last year. He was lighting it up until his injury.
I would not characterize ... what was it 1-3? ... as lighting it up. Before his injury he was struggling re W-L.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Oh, look, the cheerleader in his frilly jump suit and see-through pompoms is the gatekeeper for comments about Dak!
First, get yourself a room with Dak's wall poster, then get lost until you develop some humility and shed the arrogance.
You should not live your life being the punchline for prissy subservience.
Heh.
Just man up and admit you were wrong. Easy. If you got a pair.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just man up and admit you were wrong. Easy. If you got a pair.
So ... you want me pair?
It is not me problem you were denied yours when you dressed in a cheerleader's outfit. And let me tell you, Leslie, the outfit did your decolletáge no help!

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
I love Dak and I vividly remember him being a good bus driver, now he's on the verge of joining the Sprint Cup Series.