Dak has top QBR

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some things Dak’s biggest critics never seemed to realize:
  • He’s 26, not 36. He is still learning how to maximize his ability. It takes a few years to learn how to play this position effectively.
  • He’s proven to be coachable. He has drastically improved his fundamentals because he worked at it.
  • Many really good QBs take 3-4 years to learn. If they’re humble and want to improve, it’s possible. Very few QBs are an instant success.
I know it’s early in a long season. But Dak is showing he’s no fluke. This guy is rapidly moving up the ranks of top NFL QBs.
hes top 5 easily right now. He has put the work in and boy,he is a different guy...but hes always been a hard worker....and was one of the most accurate QB's in the league in 2016....hes a winner. After the Sunday night game I can only call what we witnessed as a clusterbleep as far as QB play goes...I am so grateful we have Dak.

nobody

Reaction score
Wait.

So are we using QBR now?

Because when it’s been brought his off-season to show how it has dropped each year since his rookie season the response was effectively “ahhhh, nobody even knows how that’s computed; gimme that old classic QB rating instead!!!”

Okay, let's look at the NFL traditional one. He ranks number 3.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?statisticCategory=PASSING

That's overall. if you sort it by rate, he's still 3. But nah, he sucks. His 2019 Rate is only 142.9 according to NFL.com. What a bum! :rolleyes:

He's killing it so far this season. It's okay to believe in him.

shabazz

Reaction score
We will have a clearer picture after next week.

Why would we have a clearer picture next week when we play the Dolphins #32 ranked defense? Some of ya'll go much too far with the comedy. A high school QB behind this line should be able to put up some stats in this game

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why would we have a clearer picture next week when we play the Dolphins #32 ranked defense? Some of ya'll go much too far with the comedy. A high school QB behind this line should be able to put up some stats in this game
because in the nfl...a win is a win IS A WIN. Stacking up 3 wins in a row to start a season isn't easy, no matter the opponent. Means your doing many things right as an organization. Your welcome.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Looks like the young guns starting to take over. Seems like the vets are starting to get hurt more and fading quickly.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Maybe Jerry can call the commissionaire and have us play all year the Giants,Skins,and Fins with injured players on the opposing defenses a must....Dak's QBR will be record setting for sure for sure lol
NFC East NFL teams no less. Records don’t matter when the NFC East hooks up. Ask Washington about 1989. Dallas only win was against them and they were undefeated at the time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
NFC East NFL teams no less. Records don’t matter when the NFC East hooks up. Ask Washington about 1989. Dallas only win was against them and they were undefeated at the time.
we beat them AT RFK as well..on Monday night. We had Paul Palmer as our RB and Steve Walsh as the QB that game lol.. SO to your point, this is the NFL, nothing is a gimme. Folks just wanna throw shade on Dak and mask it as objectivity. A WIN IS A WIN.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Wait.

So are we using QBR now?

Because when it’s been brought his off-season to show how it has dropped each year since his rookie season the response was effectively “ahhhh, nobody even knows how that’s computed; gimme that old classic QB rating instead!!!”

Man, you are really reaching nowadays.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Wait.

So are we using QBR now?

Another hater that doesn’t have the backbone to admit when they are wrong. Sad.

Rayman70

Reaction score
sometimes I wonder if our fans are real or just going thru the motions. Troy,Emmitt and Michael aren't comin back. Jimmy J is long gone...Romo is way done. Embrace the change,accept it...and thank your lucky stars we don't have the trash at QB we saw last night playin for ATL and Philly. Dak has been consistently great all year. Give him his due.

Rayman70

Reaction score
does anyone THINK for 1 second they rather have Wentz as their QB? I AM ASKING. Because if not DAK, then who? lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
btw...Daks best trait? IS his availability and toughness. NEVER GETS HURT never EVER misses a snap. NOT to mention can hurt you with his legs. We saw this yesterday. It helped keep the momentum with us.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that's the big key in all this, a relatively clean pocket. ALL QB's want this.
If his pocket awareness has got better with pressure, then he has taken a big leap. So far we have not seen enough pressure to make that call yet. Like I have said, I don't hate Dak.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Wasn’t he one tipped pass (int) away from another perfect game?
Close, but not quite. Yup, I'm a numbers geek.

Required for perfect rating, aside from no ints, and what Dak got last game:

77.5% completion percentage (86.7%)
12.5 yards per attempt (8.97)
11.875% TD/ATT (10.0%)

Helluva game.