Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

conner01

Reaction score
So what's your plan ?

Over pay a choking Dak

Pay Micah and CeeDee

then field a team on No names, then complain about Jerry not spending money allotted to said three ?
My plan would have been to decide before the draft. If I wasn’t extending Dak then I would have traded bland and got picks I could use next year to move up to replace him. I don’t see us extending bland, micah, Lamb anyway so why let guys walk for a crappy future comp pick? Trade them when you can get a premium pick. If I was extending Dak then it would have already been done along with Lamb. And then Micah next year. The problem is we have no plan and just lets dump Dak isn’t a plan either. That’s a Jerry move to not have an actual plan

conner01

Reaction score
GM Jethro has no plan. I would be impressed if he let Dak walk traded CD and Micah and went All-In on a rebuild.

Problem is, we still have GM Jethro, who I don't trust to build anything.
That’s an actual plan whether people agree with it or not. You are right, Jerry has no plan. If I wasn’t gonna extend Dak I would have went rebuild. If I was extending Dak it would have been done along with Lamb.

leeblair

Reaction score
But who can you get that is? Just letting Dak walk without a plan to replace him means you save his money but lose the money on lamb, micah and others dince you can’t win without a QB. Anyone but Dak isn’t a plan it’s just ones hate for the player. What’s the plan?
Cooper Rush would be a good place to start. He's already proved he can lead the Cowboys better than Dak ever has.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
If we don’t have a QB, no reason to keep Lamb. That money could be part of the rebuild.

There’s no reason to pay either unless you think we are contenders. Which I suspect our owner believes.

And why I expect him to resign both and or at least place Lamb on Tag if he resigns Prescott.
I don't know where you guys think that rebuilding is so easy. Lol

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Cooper Rush would be a good place to start. He's already proved he can lead the Cowboys better than Dak ever has.
What's that ish you smokin? It must be really good. Rush wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL. If he could, he would have signed before he signed another contract.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know where you guys think that rebuilding is so easy. Lol
You obviously haven’t followed the discussion. I’m not in favor of rebuild. Furthermore I don’t believe our ownership is as capable of such.

leeblair

Reaction score
What's that ish you smokin? It must be really good. Rush wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL. If he could, he would have signed before he signed another contract.
Yet he proved he can win in the NFL.
So the NFL doesn't hold the final word in talent evaluation, apparently.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Answer:

Because it could be so much worse without him. I mean, without Dak we might not get rolled at home by the last team in on WC weekend. You want to miss out on that fun?