Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. What is more interesting is what do you then do with CD? Are you going to pay CD $35M a year with no real QB? Is that a good investment?

You think CD pouts now, just wait and see what happens after he has been paid and has a rookie with no clue what he is doing.
If we don’t have a QB, no reason to keep Lamb. That money could be part of the rebuild.

There’s no reason to pay either unless you think we are contenders. Which I suspect our owner believes.

And why I expect him to resign both and or at least place Lamb on Tag if he resigns Prescott.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If we don’t have a QB, no reason to keep Lamb. That money could be part of the rebuild.

There’s no reason to pay either unless you think we are contenders. Which I suspect our owner believes.

And why I expect him to resign both and or at least place Lamb on Tag if he resigns Prescott.
So what is the delay???

Waiting and hoping athlete Trance miraculously turns into a solid QB?

Chasing6

Reaction score
While I’d agree it’s not likely with Jethro , I could see us going deeper in playoffs if we had a HOF caliber QB.

I just don’t have faith that he’ll find or draft one. But you have to try which he hasn’t this era.
No one is HOF QB until their career is over.

You can't draft a HOF Caliber QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great question : I can only assume Jethro is All In on his current team.
Well it is going to blow up in his face, because when CD misses the first 2 games and we start the season off 0-2, it is going to explode.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great question : I can only assume Jethro is All In on his current team.
Jerry is playing games with peoples money.

CD held up his end of the bargain and had a phenomenal year.

Jerry is claiming Dak is the priority over CD, but is not in negotiations with Dak.

No one is buying GM Jethro's BS.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well it is going to blow up in his face, because when CD misses the first 2 games and we start the season off 0-2, it is going to explode.
We’ll see. Once he resigns Prescott I expect them to sign or tag Lamb.

If they don’t , then yea it could blow up.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We’ll see. Once he resigns Prescott I expect them to sign or tag Lamb.
Jerry is going to be surprised when CD holds out.

He is not going to wait until next year and risk an injury. $18M this year to risk $150M contract.

Dak $55M
CD $35M

Trade Micah in 2025

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is playing games with peoples money.

CD held up his end of the bargain and had a phenomenal year.

Jerry is claiming Dak is the priority over CD, but is not in negotiations with Dak.

No one is buying GM Jethro's BS.
He’s been playing games for 3 decades.

I agree that Dak is his priority. No need to sign Lamb until you get your QB signed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Sure, he’ll play on the tag. Everyone does.
He is going to sit out this year. See how the offense runs with no RB and no CD.

Jerry once again has no leverage.

After Dallas goes 0-4 and the season is basically over then he can come back and play the rest of the season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He is going to sit out this year. See how the offense runs with no RB and no CD.

Jerry once again has no leverage.

After Dallas goes 0-4 and the season is basically over then he can come back and play the rest of the season.
We’ll see. Im not one to make speculative accusations based on non factual events at this time .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is going to be surprised when CD holds out.

He is not going to wait until next year and risk an injury. $18M this year to risk $150M contract.

Dak $55M
CD $35M

Trade Micah in 2025
Jethro traditionally over pays his biggest stars. At least once. We’ll see. But based on everything Jethro has said thus far we should expect him to resign all 3. Unless they want to move on.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

And I’ll go a bit further, without out a QB, no need to extend Parsons. Then 5-10 years possible of being the laughing stock unless you hit on a QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jethro traditionally over pays his biggest stars. At least once. We’ll see. But based on everything Jethro has said thus far we should expect him to resign all 3. Unless they want to move on.
Yes, he wants to sign all three and is in zero communication with any of them. Do you think the 3 people that matter the most are buying into this?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, he wants to sign all three and is in zero communication with any of them. Do you think the 3 people that matter the most are buying into this?
Again ,I’m not making speculative accusations based on nothing we’ve heard from any of these players or our owners which all have indicated their intent to remain in Dallas.

Im not about being right but presenting a perspective based on what I’ve heard from our owners . And so far they appear intent on resigning all of them. Whether they do or not is yet to be seen.