Dak Hater is a hateful Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Stop with the Labeling already.

If I state right now that the Cowboys should have played Romo in 2016.

The 1st thing that is gonna pop in your brain is that I Am A Dak Hater.

If I say that Dak may have had a hand in the downfall of the receiving stats of the receiving corp as a whole.

If I tell you that I like his intangibles that it is obvious that he is a natural leader on the field.
If I tell you I see a bright future for the Cowboys and I am very excited to watch the progress of Dak.

What's the 1st thing that is gonna pop in your head?

Confusion

You can't phantom that the same person can be so diverse in his thinking. In your silly small world everything is black and white. Either or Or.

You know what your reactionary thinking and labeling does it puts you at WAR with those you perceive as on the other side. You then attack and force your inflicted opponent to defend himself. Often said opponent is left dipping and dodging names and preconceived labels. But always in the end you pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

The mysticism of Romo, it's crazy for some fans. Romosexual, Dak Hater, if you defend Dez your Dak Hater, If you pushed for Romo your Dak Hater,. If you say at this point in his carear he needs a lot of work Dak Hater, and his accuracy is not on par with other NFL Qbs you are a Dak Hater,

This all stems from 2016 Daks ROOKIE YEAR.
Romo's final. During that year there were many here who were so perplexed and frustrated that this team didn't go back to The VETERAN and not only any veteran but 1 of the most intelligent, uber competitive, QB 's to ever play the game. Many Fans were so delighted that this team was so talented that we were able to win with a rookie behind center.

At the same time we were ectatic that we had such a bright future in Dak. But for the life of us we couldn't understand why Romo was on the sidelines. We thought we were trying to win a Super Bowl.

But all the other fans were drinking the Kool Aid. You were high on Dak and never wanted to come down. You threw Tony under the bus.
You said he was over rated crippled can't play any more washed up, the team can't stop the momentum. Dak gives us a better chance.

All the time we argued. That there was no chance in hell that any rookie would improve the chances of the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl over Romo point blank. Including the Rookie winning with this amazing team that was built for Romo.

That's when the labeling began. You wanted to drown out the obvious truth. (You loved the pedastel the national media put Dak on and you never wanted him to come off it.) In order to drown out the truth. You labeled us Romosexuals and Dak Haters.

Now that narrative carried over to last year and this off season. Except now if you defended Dez you hate Dak and always have. We just want to see Dak fail. Dez has gone through a very precarious situation.

It's been over a 2 and a half year timeline. Injuries and QB play have been the major contributing factors (but if I say that I some how hate Dak) but if they were the only factors it would be easy to still love Dez.

Except that all that frustration culminated in Dez playing at his worse at the worse possible time. Seattle. We all saw it we all know what happened. He single handedly ended any possible chances of the Cowboys advancing to playoffs.

Many here claim that IS who Dez is. A washed up WR. National Media ran with the narrative and the frustrated Parrots parroted it.

So to sum it up:

There are fans who went "All in" with Dak in 2016. Because of this stance you took you have defended it to the death and anyone else who points out this flawed thinking is labeled a Dak Hater which is untrue and unfair.

You threw Tony under the bus then and you threw Dez under the bus now. You have been unloyal and desecrated the legacy of two of the greatest Cowboys ever to wear the star (but I am a hater.) For no other reason but to defend Dak and the foolish belief he was gonna lead us to a Super Bowl his rookie year.

Well it didn' happen but you all said that Tony was a walking cripple that never won anything (and I am a hater)

Dak struggled with injuries to his offensive line and not having a RB ( Many things Tony played with his whole carear but he was overrated"). Dak struggled with reading defenses and accuracy and you all say that Dez is washed up and has always been a Cancer.( and I am the Hater)

No, those of you who threw those two under the bus are not "Supporters" or those who think so much about the team that you put the team 1st. Ahead of players.

No you are disloyal people who are quick to desecrate your biggest stars who have given there heart and soul to this team. All for the love of Dak

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's the society you live in with social media. You criticize any player that makes you a hater. A few other certainties that will pop up too, including but not limited to the following:

If you praise the team you'll be labeled a homer.
If you praise a player you'll be labeled a lover.
You'll eventually be accused of not watching games.
You'll eventually be accused of being a fan of another team.

Feel free to add more.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree that posters who labels others “Dak haters” are in the wrong. People are taking too much of a black and white view when it comes to the QB

However, your post makes it seem like the labeling only goes one way. There are many people on this board that label anybody supportive of Dak or
Who believe in him as “Dak slobberers”. Which is a highly disrespectful and personal insult. All because a person happens to believe in and support the starting QB.

So the problem of labeling is a sword that cuts both ways right now amongst some of the posters here.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Dak isn’t perfect and has things he needs to get better at. He played poorly during stretches last season and needs to keep improving.

Dak also doesn’t “suck” and isn’t a noodle arm, non talented bum, who didn’t do anything positive last season, like some would
Have you believe.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It works both ways though. If a guy believes Dak should have continued to start when Romo came back, some will label that person as a "Romo Hater". And it happens on other issues. I've been called a "Garrett Lover" even though I personally feel Garrett should have been replaced. But a few have labeled me as such because I don't to buy into every petty, illogical, fabricated or exaggerated complaint and prefer to base my decision on his results.

The fact is, there are always some posters on both sides of any debate over a player or coach that take the extreme position that either a person has to agree with his thinking or it somehow means that person is as far to other side as he can be, as if there is nothing in between. It's a weak attempt to support an argument based on unfounded accusations rather than facts and logic.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
At the end of the day if a fan doesn't like Dak they are simply outta luck.
He is the team's QB for the foreseeable future.
Lotsa "fans" didn't like Romo and trashed him because we never won in the playoffs.
"Those people" got to tilt at windmills like Don Quixote for years.

Learn from "those people" and either embrace Dak, get a new team or do something else for a few years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Tough as that may be...thanks for your thread. We should all enjoy the talk as well as our Cowboys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If I say that Dak may have had a hand in the downfall of the receiving stats of the receiving corp as a whole.

If I tell you that I like his intangibles that it is obvious that he is a natural leader on the field.
If I tell you I see a bright future for the Cowboys and I am very excited to watch the progress of Dak.

Confusion

You can't phantom that the same person can be so diverse in his thinking. In your silly small world everything is black and white. Either or Or.

You know what your reactionary thinking and labeling does it puts you at WAR with those you perceive as on the other side. You then attack and force your inflicted opponent to defend himself. Often said opponent is left dipping and dodging names and preconceived labels. But always in the end you pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

The mysticism of Romo, it's crazy for some fans. Romosexual, Dak Hater, if you defend Dez your Dak Hater, If you pushed for Romo your Dak Hater,. If you say at this point in his carear he needs a lot of work Dak Hater, and his accuracy is not on par with other NFL Qbs you are a Dak Hater,

Romo's final. During that year there were many here who were so perplexed and frustrated that this team didn't go back to The VETERAN and not only any veteran but 1 of the most intelligent, uber competitive, QB 's to ever play the game. Many Fans were so delighted that this team was so talented that we were able to win with a rookie behind center.

At the same time we were ectatic that we had such a bright future in Dak. But for the life of us we couldn't understand why Romo was on the sidelines. We thought we were trying to win a Super Bowl.

But all the other fans were drinking the Kool Aid. You were high on Dak and never wanted to come down. You threw Tony under the bus.
You said he was over rated crippled can't play any more washed up, the team can't stop the momentum. Dak gives us a better chance.

All the time we argued. That there was no chance in hell that any rookie would improve the chances of the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl over Romo point blank. Including the Rookie winning with this amazing team that was built for Romo.

That's when the labeling began. You wanted to drown out the obvious truth. (You loved the pedastel the national media put Dak on and you never wanted him to come off it.) In order to drown out the truth. You labeled us Romosexuals and Dak Haters.

Now that narrative carried over to last year and this off season. Except now if you defended Dez you hate Dak and always have. We just want to see Dak fail. Dez has gone through a very precarious situation.

It's been over a 2 and a half year timeline. Injuries and QB play have been the major contributing factors (but if I say that I some how hate Dak) but if they were the only factors it would be easy to still love Dez.

Except that all that frustration culminated in Dez playing at his worse at the worse possible time. Seattle. We all saw it we all know what happened. He single handedly ended any possible chances of the Cowboys advancing to playoffs.

Many here claim that IS who Dez is. A washed up WR. National Media ran with the narrative and the frustrated Parrots parroted it.

So to sum it up:

There are fans who went "All in" with Dak in 2016. Because of this stance you took you have defended it to the death and anyone else who points out this flawed thinking is labeled a Dak Hater which is untrue and unfair.

You threw Tony under the bus then and you threw Dez under the bus now. You have been unloyal and desecrated the legacy of two of the greatest Cowboys ever to wear the star (but I am a hater.) For no other reason but to defend Dak and the foolish belief he was gonna lead us to a Super Bowl his rookie year.

Well it didn' happen but you all said that Tony was a walking cripple that never won anything (and I am a hater)

Dak struggled with injuries to his offensive line and not having a RB ( Many things Tony played with his whole carear but he was overrated"). Dak struggled with reading defenses and accuracy and you all say that Dez is washed up and has always been a Cancer.( and I am the Hater)

No, those of you who threw those two under the bus are not "Supporters" or those who think so much about the team that you put the team 1st. Ahead of players.

No you are disloyal people who are quick to desecrate your biggest stars who have given there heart and soul to this team. All for the love of Dak
Hey Dak Hater, how ya doin?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Romo did not play his whole career with a bad defense and a bad offensive line. Please stop. He played on a team with 3 hall of famers on it. He had a line with pro bowlers on it. Had a top 10 defense 3 seasons. Please stop the non sense and pull up the facts.

Romo held the team hostage with his constant injuries. He was never good enough to win. I'm glad they didn't go back to Romo because Romo is not winning that game against green bay unless he became a ref or replaced byron jones on that last play. Dak played way above even what I thought he was capable of. Came back and made every single play even a 2 point conversion to tie the game. He did something romo also never did in a playoff game and that was throw for 300 yards.

There were reasons we lost that game and Dak at QB was not one of them. Romo couldn't stay healthy and I'm glad he retired. Sorry he was never good enough that's just a fact.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Romo did not play his whole career with a bad defense and a bad offensive line. Please stop. He played on a team with 3 hall of famers on it. He had a line with pro bowlers on it. Had a top 10 defense 3 seasons. Please stop the non sense and pull up the facts. Romo held the team hostage with his constant injuries. He was never good enough to win. I'm glad they didn't go back to Romo because Romo is not winning that game against green bay unless he became a ref or replaced byron jones on that last play. Dak played way above even what I thought he was capable of. Came back and made every single play even a 2 point conversion to tie the game. He did something romo also never did in a playoff game and that was throw for 300 yards. There were reasons we lost that game and Dak at QB was not one of them. Romo couldn't stay healthy and I'm glad he retired. Sorry he was never good enough that's just a fact.
:popcorn:

CCBoy

Reaction score
September what? I'll be 71 on the 20th and I enjoy being childish because I have retained my childlike wonder and do not have an "inner child", I never made him come in from playing.
:) The 3rd, and I can see the socially redeemable features of that as well...

DFWJC

Reaction score
I also have never seen it as an either/or thing.

It's ok to have been a Romo fan but still be pulling for Dak.
And though I don't participate in it that much, it's also ok to provide constructive criticism, yet still greatly hope Dak succeeds here long term.
:flagwave:

phildadon86

Reaction score

Confusion

So to sum it up:

So let me get this straight. You don't want to be labled a dak hater but have no issue labeling anyone who wanted to stick with Dak disloyal? Makes sense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Confusion

So to sum it up:

Romo was not going to stay healthy. That became obvious at some point.

The stats show that Dak was quite good.

The WRs didn't all fall off.
TWill had his 2 best catch percentage years with Dak as the QB.

Butler had the best year of his career in 2017.

Witten was slightly over his career average catch percentage.

2017 Dak completion percentage
Target Dez 52%
Target not Dez 67%

Passes over 20 yards
Target Dez 21%
Target Butler 67%

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Confusion

So to sum it up:

I don't consider anyone a hater who says Dak made mistakes this past season or supported Romo in 2016. When Dallas determined that they would stay with Dak there were a lot of people who cover the NFL who said they too would stay with Dak given how the Cowboys were playing this including former coach Jimmy Johnson, it is not an easy call to make to remove a QB who has a hot hand as Dak did. This past season Dak clearly made mistakes and has things he must improve on. Where I do consider someone a hater is when they start claiming Dak is unable to improve therefore we need to bench him and look for another QB. He has played 2 season and even this past season while below his rookie year it was not a complete disaster and Dak did a lot of good things. Romo himself had some rough seasons and poor games but never did I feel the need to give up on him or have him benched so why would I do that with Dak?

Status
Not open for further replies.