Dak Hater's Myth: We Can't Build Around a QB Market Value Contract

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Keep in mind, Murray had lost his home run hitting ability with the team. He was actually pretty bad in the open field. He seemed to slow down instead of turning things into a foot race. It was my biggest complaint against him, just like it is with Zeke now. Murray didn't regain his home run ability until he left Dallas.

By the end of the season Murray had lost a step and didn't have the same explosion either. Might have been why Peppers got a hand on the ball in the first place. Murray was a tick too slow getting by him.

People love to grind the bell cow, especially when they're "getting paid" like Zeke. Garrett was big on that. I didn't like it with Murray, and wished we had a guy to spell him. I'd rather have guys healthy and fresh for the game and for the full season.

We should lean on the run blocking of the oline. Keep Zeke on the field, but spread the carries to Pollard and Dak too. 20 10 5. They should get a FB in here they're willing to run too. And teach them all how to run block.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not saying half the NFL is irrelevant. I believe that you are.

You bring up the AFC examples, which are valid. But you seem to dismiss the NFC examples, which are also valid.

If every team that made the playoffs from the NFC had one of the top-paid QBs, then it stands to reason that having a high-paid QB did not prohibit success ... and may have even enhanced it.

Kansas City won with a low-paid QB who is about to be high-paid. I don't think there's enough evidence to deduce that the Chiefs won BECAUSE they have a low-paid QB.

That's stretching it IMO, and even if that was the reason, then all it would indicate is that you have to draft a MVP-caliber quarterback and win a Super Bowl before his first contract runs out. Not very many teams are going to be able to follow that formula successfully.

Cool, we are on the same page. Have a good day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Way to miss the point to fixate on phrasing.

Says the guy who takes the most irrelevant statement in any given post and tries to nitpick it to death when he knows he's wrong. But hey, what do I care right?

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Those are the current salaries, not the actual team salary cap number. They list the 2020 cap as an estimate of 199MM, which would put the equivalent number for Dak at 28 Million instead 27.

I see, you can't take what a players salary is and find the percentage of that salary to what the team's total starting cap is. Heaven forbid people have to do math on their own instead of having to rely on other people to do it for them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I see, you can't take what a players salary is and find the percentage of that salary to what the team's total starting cap is. Heaven forbid people have to do math on their own instead of having to rely on other people to do it for them.

I really don't follow that. You demanded to know why I didn't include the 2020 cap number, which doesn't exist yet. Which is clearly shown in the link you posted.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The real numbers haven't been announced yet, both your links are projections. Guess what you can do to yourself.

Those numbers on that site have been within 3-5 mil in the past and a couple times hit it within 1 mil. So if you use those numbers and do the math yourself most will realize that the actual numbers may be different by lest than 2% or as little as .5%. Certainly close enough to make any point you want to make with them. Again it requires you to do some math your self.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Those numbers on that site have been within 3-5 mil in the past and a couple times hit it within 1 mil. So if you use those numbers and do the math yourself most will realize that the actual numbers may be different by lest than 2% or as little as .5%. Certainly close enough to make any point you want to make with them. Again it requires you to do some math your self.

You are drunk. You demanded to know why I didn't include numbers that don't exist that you admit don't change anything about my original point. Go to bed.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Again wanting others to do your work for you. Here's another link and please try doing some math yourself.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Lulz, I open the thread and the first thing I read is someone slapping kaiser around for not being able to do basic math.

If you want real comedy ask him to do a simple percentage increase calculation!

“55 is 150% more than 37...”

:lmao:

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Please all you Dak Hater's I kindly ask you answer 2 questions

1. Which players did we lose to Free Agency because of Tony Romo's Market Value setting contract?

2. Which players on the roster will we lose that we would have wanted to keep if we sign Dak to Market Value Contract.

Thank you!

We will certainly lose Byron Jones and Cobb.

In the future it will be hard for us to keep our own drafties that are now on the roster, LVE as an example. And we wont be players in FA. It'll certainly be not SS and DT it will be either or.

Then, what to me is much more important in todays NFL: we wont be able to sign good backup players like for instance a good swing tackle or a Backup QB. Every contract over 2-3 mils per year will be hard for us to put under the cap. No security backup LB like Lee this year for instance.

Its not those 2 or 3 big name FAs that we wouldnt be able to sign. Its putting together a competitive and well rounded roster that we wont be able to do.

But that all wouldnt be an issue if Prescott were a franchise QB like Mahomes for instance. If he were, money wouldnt be an issue. You win the big game with a thin team and a franchise QB.

Sadly Prescott isnt one. So the question is not about the money. The question is: do you want to hang the Faith of your franchise on a QB that will get you into the first round of the playoffs once in a while but will never get you a ring ?

40 mils or 25 mils per year doesnt matter. With that kind of money you commit yourself to him for the next at least 4-5 years. Do you really want to end the season like this year for that timespan ? I do certainly not!

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You are drunk. You demanded to know why I didn't include numbers that don't exist that you admit don't change anything about my original point. Go to bed.

You really have a comprehension problem or just plain on drugs. At no time did I say or imply that doing the math yourself using numbers that are out for 2020 that MAY change by 2% or as little as .5% the same as what you stated using 2019 numbers. Just admit that either you're to lazy or don't know how to do the math.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
OK you made your point that you were a Romo hater. You keep telling yourself that Romo was the one that caused the Cowboys to not be able to sign free agents but the rest of us know that it was from decades of renegotiating contracts that kept putting a ton of dead money on the cap that was the problem.
You just can’t help yourself pulling crap out of thin air, can you?

Qcard

Reaction score
We will certainly lose Byron Jones and Cobb.

In the future it will be hard for us to keep our own drafties that are now on the roster, LVE as an example. And we wont be players in FA. It'll certainly be not SS and DT it will be either or.

Then, what to me is much more important in todays NFL: we wont be able to sign good backup players like for instance a good swing tackle or a Backup QB. Every contract over 2-3 mils per year will be hard for us to put under the cap. No security backup LB like Lee this year for instance.

Its not those 2 or 3 big name FAs that we wouldnt be able to sign. Its putting together a competitive and well rounded roster that we wont be able to do.

But that all wouldnt be an issue if Prescott were a franchise QB like Mahomes for instance. If he were, money wouldnt be an issue. You win the big game with a thin team and a franchise QB.

Sadly Prescott isnt one. So the question is not about the money. The question is: do you want to hang the Faith of your franchise on a QB that will get you into the first round of the playoffs once in a while but will never get you a ring ?

40 mils or 25 mils per year doesnt matter. With that kind of money you commit yourself to him for the next at least 4-5 years. Do you really want to end the season like this year for that timespan ? I do certainly not!
I think your NFL QB network....needs a software update... this is the YEAR 2020!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You just can’t help yourself pulling crap out of thin air, can you?

I know and understand that because you have zero knowledge and understanding of the cap that anything I say will sound that way. I know you can't help it, wait, yes you could if you actually tried to learn something about the cap and what GOOD cap management is.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I know and understand that because you have zero knowledge and understanding of the cap that anything I say will sound that way. I know you can't help it, wait, yes you could if you actually tried to learn something about the cap and what GOOD cap management is.
You think you know about the cap. Sorry, bud, but saying "cap hell" doesn't mean you know squat about the cap. You are simply a delusional moron. You are easily in the top 5 stupidest posters on the site. Just flat out dumb.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Prescott has not played on a bad team yet. He has always had, at the very least, a good offensive line, mostly very good and phenomenal in 2016. He has had a good, not amazing, but a good defense for all four seasons as well.

Romo played on some bad teams, including historically one of the worst defenses ever assembled in the history of the NFL.
The point people are making is that overpaying Prescott like an elite QB when he clearly isn't one, will likely result in him having to play on bad teams in the future (next year will be fine but further down the line...) unless the drafting is exceptional. To be fair the front office has been far, far better in recent years - e.g. Prescott hasn't had to play during a time when the team wasted key draft pics for a player like Mo Claiborne.

Sam Darnold must be cursing his luck that he was selected by the Jets.

You are not addressing my point at all. You state that Dak Prescott "has always had, at the very least," a good team around him. How was that possible if Tony Romo's massive contract was still on the books?

The argument is that if Dak is given market rate money...then we cannot have a good team surrounding Dak...okay...then how did we give Tony Romo a massive contract (market rate) and yet he had a good team around him in 2016? So much so that the argument goes "Dak Prescott stepped into the most talented team ever."

It is complete contradictory nonsense.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You think you know about the cap. Sorry, bud, but saying "cap hell" doesn't mean you know squat about the cap. You are simply a delusional moron. You are easily in the top 5 stupidest posters on the site. Just flat out dumb.

The first smart thing you said except what you said EXACTLY applies to you.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The first smart thing you said except what you said EXACTLY applies to you.
I'm sure in your screwed up mind you believe you are correct. It must be hard to create arguments for others constantly.