Dak Hater's Myth: We Can't Build Around a QB Market Value Contract

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please all you Dak Hater's I kindly ask you answer 2 questions

1. Which players did we lose to Free Agency because of Tony Romo's Market Value setting contract?

2. Which players on the roster will we lose that we would have wanted to keep if we sign Dak to Market Value Contract.

Thank you!
No need to spend important Cap $ for a QB that needs to be carried!
Stop selling defective products!!!
Dak is at best a Tier 3 QB who wants a Tier 1 (Top 5) mega-deal contract.
You and your Dak-Zoids have been waiting since last spring and you're still waiting and waiting waiting.....

P.S. Dak will NEVER see a mega top 5 deal in the NFL!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
We would be doing better if not for the D-Law and early Elliot contract. But we are still fine. The 4 years of a rookie QB deal did wonders for our cap space. We enjoyed it but now it’s time to pay.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please all you Dak Hater's I kindly ask you answer 2 questions

1. Which players did we lose to Free Agency because of Tony Romo's Market Value setting contract?

2. Which players on the roster will we lose that we would have wanted to keep if we sign Dak to Market Value Contract.

Thank you!

no no. of course we can build around a market value QB contract. Anyone CAN. The question is whose been successful winning the NFC doing it? You can't point to team success during the Romo years b/c there wasn't much.

glimmerman

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray - 1.911 touches and 18 fumbles - 0.94% fumble rate
Zeke Elliott - 1,358 touches and 15 fumbles - 1.1% fumble rate

Murray only fumbled once against GB in the 2014 playoff game. Romo fumbled 2 times.

Philly didn’t cut Murray because of fumbles. He wasn’t a scheme fit.
Shocking stats. Don’t seem like Elliot fumbles that much. Was there a difference in the lost fumbles. Maybe we recover most of Elliot’s.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Shocking stats. Don’t seem like Elliot fumbles that much. Was there a difference in the lost fumbles. Maybe we recover most of Elliot’s.
yes, fortunately we recover more of Elliott's fumbles than we did of Murray. That's why they stick out much more, but Elliott puts the ball on the ground more than people think.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Moment of truth coming soon - will Dak be tagged next Tuesday?

You can almost feel the tension in Daks Agents office right now.
I think they are close on the yearly money and off on the length and guaranteed money. Big push this week and both will try to get this done. If Dak could get goff money he should be happy. JJ will pay him a few dollars more to make him the highest paid until mahomes blows everyone out of the water.

glimmerman

Reaction score
yes, fortunately we recover more of Elliott's fumbles than we did of Murray. That's why they stick out much more, but Elliott puts the ball on the ground more than people think.
I was not aware of that. I always thought that was a attribute of Elliot not fumbling. Well now I want some money back. Lol. I think murray had some fumbles at the worst times. Not that there is a good time for a fumble. That one in the packer playoff game killed sone momentum. We were destroying them at that point.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why do you have to be a "Dak hater" to question the ability of the Cowboys to build a championship team around a huge QB contract?

Using Romo is a bad example, given they weren't able to do it with him.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I was not aware of that. I always thought that was a attribute of Elliot not fumbling. Well now I want some money back. Lol. I think murray had some fumbles at the worst times. But that there is a good time for a fumble. That one in the packer playoff game killed sone momentum. We were destroying them at that point.
Indirectly that fumble cost the Cowboys that game. Murray holds on to that football he scores.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Why, because most SB teams don't go shopping for winning/SB QB's in the bargain basement trashbin. Dak and Romo were failures at QB for a reason and those reasons will continue to keep the Cowboys in the middle of the pack for years to come. Sad, but true!
I like this post, because it actually makes sense. In the salary cap era...outside of Tom Brady, Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson were the only QB's to win Superbowls that weren't drafted in the early rounds.

To me NFL history kind of reset itself when the salary cap was instituted. Because building a team in pre-cap vs building a team now is completely different.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is this supposed to highlight the fact that “we” aren’t the Cowboys? If so, you realize you do the same thing?
"We" need to stop acting like its our money. All this arguing by fans about the business side of the equations is just nonsense. You don't make the sausage. The worst fans are the ones that think they know more about the business side of the sport than the ones conducting the actual business. Just eat the sausage a shut up about how it is made.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
"We" need to stop acting like its our money. All this arguing by fans about the business side of the equations is just nonsense. You don't make the sausage. The worst fans are the ones that think they know more about the business side of the sport than the ones conducting the actual business. Just eat the sausage a shut up about how it is made.
While I may disagree with some opinions on the matter, the message board is here so "we" can discuss these matters. But clearly the "we" used in the post your quoted was referring to the Cowboys still needing to account for salary cap dollars for Romo after he was no longer with the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Indirectly that fumble cost the Cowboys that game. Murray holds on to that football he scores.
He had a huge hole around that side and if he scores it would have changed the pressure on the packers. We would have continued the momentum.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Absolutely it did. I wasn't knocking Ware for believing in himself enough to not restructure his contract. I was just setting the record straight that Romo's contract was not why Ware was cut.
Yeah. I wish he could have gotten his ring with us.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While I may disagree with some opinions on the matter, the message board is here so "we" can discuss these matters. Clearly the "we" used in the post your quoted was referring the Cowboys still needing to account for salary cap dollars for Romo after he was no longer with the team.
And those of you that feel the need to fuss and discuss about those issues are the reason the offseason topics get so crazy. Good job detracting from the readership.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I was not aware of that. I always thought that was a attribute of Elliot not fumbling. Well now I want some money back. Lol. I think murray had some fumbles at the worst times. But that there is a good time for a fumble. That one in the packer playoff game killed sone momentum. We were destroying them at that point.
Yes, that fumble was bad. But the real momentum killer occurred the previous drive at the end of the first half, when Romo fumbled the 3rd down snap preventing any shot of converting and keeping the ball. Bailey then missed the FG attempt, got lucky to get a 2nd chance and had that one blocked. Our defense gives up a long pass to Rodgers, GB kicks their own FG at the end of the 1st half and instead of being up 21-7 or 17-7 at half we are only up 14-10.

Murray's fumble was on the 1st possession of the 2nd half and was horrible too, but the snake bitten Dallas Cowboys had already shown up to the game by that point. The momentum had already shifted.