Dak haters?

shabazz

Reaction score
I think and hope CeeDee will be a monster out the gate.......despite having Dakota throwing to him.

He’s capable of acrobatic catches

glimmerman

Reaction score
I’m neutral on Dak so I have nothing to contribute but as soon as we drafted Lamb one question immediately came to mind.

Those of you who criticize Dak, how do you feel about this pick? In other words, a lot of Dak’s critics use excuses as to why his stats are so good and now we just added a huge weapon that could make him look even better and justify alleged his salary demands. If there was any hope of Dak being exposed, it just went out the window. So are you happy our offense will be unstoppable with Dak at the helm or are you upset that drafting Lamb also meant extending Dak (most likely)?
It gives him another weapon for sure. He seems to have a good groove going with Jarwin so now Lamb will give him more talent around him. Shore up the O-Line. Losing Fredbeard hurt for sure. But if this kid has a good rookie year then someone should be open all day. Opens up the run.

I worry more about the Defense. We need to hit on our 2nd and 3rd round tonight.

I also think Dak is better than some think. Just hate the contract crap and will be glad when it’s over.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What constitutes a Dak hater? I pull for him every game just don’t think he should be highest paid player in NFL history.
If Jerry Jones makes Prescott the highest paid player in the future, he will not be the highest paid player for very long. No highest paid player has ever remained the highest paid player forever, in any sport.

Section446

Reaction score
Well, he already had more weapons at his disposal than just about any QB in the league and he was average, maybe this makes him above average?

John813

Reaction score
What kind of a year are you expecting? Dont forget, this is not Garrett's offense anymore.

~50 catches. I think he'll really click in 2nd half.

5+ TDs.

A lot of weapons this year for Dak. Think if TC is delayed he may go with his usual weapons till comfortable with CDL

aria

Reaction score
It's a must pick if he's rated 6th on your board. But if you think Dak suddenly gets better because a rookie walks in the door is mistaken. Receivers take a few years to develop and we won't be forcing him the ball. 2-3 years from now we will see better returns for this kid if he works hard.
I like and agree with a lot of your posts Charron but I disagree here. I think a lot of receivers make immediate impacts and so will Lamb. OBJ, Metcalf, Dez, McLaurin, etc all had great rookie years. I could literally go on and on by each draft class but you get my point.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I’m neutral on Dak so I have nothing to contribute but as soon as we drafted Lamb one question immediately came to mind.

Those of you who criticize Dak, how do you feel about this pick? In other words, a lot of Dak’s critics use excuses as to why his stats are so good and now we just added a huge weapon that could make him look even better and justify alleged his salary demands. If there was any hope of Dak being exposed, it just went out the window. So are you happy our offense will be unstoppable with Dak at the helm or are you upset that drafting Lamb also meant extending Dak (most likely)?

Dak needs a lot of guys to carry him and he just got another one.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
All the posters who hated the Lamb pick are the usuals who moan in every thread bout Dak. No suprise.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If Jerry Jones makes Prescott the highest paid player in the future, he will not be the highest paid player for very long. No highest paid player has ever remained the highest paid player forever, in any sport.
I understand that but don’t think he should be paid more than Wilson who just signed a contract this past year.

jnday

Reaction score

I don’t see where drafting Lamb has anything to do with Dak. If anything, it solidifies the argument that a lot of QBs would look good with this amount of talent surrounding them. If I was a QB, Dallas would be a dream job and I would take less because the surrounding talent will make any QB look great.

jnday

Reaction score
All the posters who hated the Lamb pick are the usuals who moan in every thread bout Dak. No suprise.
I don’t see that at all. I can’t stand Dak being the starting QB, but that has nothing to do with drafting Lamb who was the BPA by far. None of the usual Dak-haters have disagreed with the pick from what I have seen.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
The pick so far is a great but wait few years to see the result .As for Dak I want him to be replaced as soon as possible .
Think of it like a singer with an average voice and you surround him with great musicians just to camouflage his weakness.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I started thinking is a rookie CD as good as a veteran Cobb and told myself at best its even or the edge goes to Cobb. Kind of a trade off but CD has the potential to be very good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand that but don’t think he should be paid more than Wilson who just signed a contract this past year.
A good percentage of people share your opinion. However, pro contracts are not merit based. They are market based. If someone (Jerry Jones) believes a player (Dak Prescott) is worth [fill in the amount], then Prescott will get paid [fill in the amount].

Another quarterback will eventually get paid more than Russell Wilson. It just a matter of time. It may as well be Prescott.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Oh he's catching 60 balls. We have to replace 120+ catches between Cobb and Witten.

Yeah MM and Moore will be scheming this week on how to get this kid the ball in open space. He is great as a YAC guy if nothing else year one. He is going to touch the ball a lot. Keep this kid in motion and get him the ball quick.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Dak is going to be our quarterback, regardless how fans feel about him. So, we might as well arm him with as many weapons as possible. All I know is he has no excuses now. Zeke, Copper, Gallup, Pollard, Jarwin AND Lamb?!?!? No excuses.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm not expecting a huge year from CD, but I'm expecting decent numbers out of him.
Think his talent level will allow him to be successful early on even if he isn't fully polished for the NFL this year
I think he will be a TD maker and will move outside quite a bit, allowing Cooper to tear it up from the slot.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any way you slice it the Dak trolls just cringed when we picked CeeDee Lamb. AS long as Dak stays healthy he will probably break every Cowboys passing record now. They better start hoping for Dak to break a leg because there is little hope now that any of their dreams of his failure will come true.

The pick of Lamb all but confirms.............GET, SET, MATCH!!!

I really hope "dak hate" ain't THAT bad!

We should hope ALL of our players excel and succeed, not break body parts. :(

Trendnet

Reaction score
LOL...........Looking at you already hoping for a slow development.

THIS kid is going to be good from the start in the slot. All your hopes and dreams of Dak's failure just went down the toilet.

A smart little troll would start softening his stance in anticipation of getting laughed off the site otherwise.

After having a whole thread introducing Devin Smith as the Cowboys new slot receiver, you must be laughing at that individual who started that thread now. Oh man, to see the look on his face.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he will be a TD maker and will move outside quite a bit, allowing Cooper to tear it up from the slot.

I don't recall seeing him play so I check YT highlights. I like the way he targets the ball...he doesn't just run the route but goes after the ball. I like his speed and jukes. AND he'll make contact if you force him to. I don't know what's in his head but he's got high level game for sure.

Now if we can just snag 2-3 "good" defensive players.