Dak haters?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After having a whole thread introducing Devin Smith as the Cowboys new slot receiver, you must be laughing at that individual who started that thread now. Oh man, to see the look on his face.

You'll have to pardon us tOSU homers. We lose our minds sometimes. :laugh:

I do hope Devin can get a spot and some PT.....but bottom of list just got chopped! Maybe ST return guy? :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I really hope "dak hate" ain't THAT bad!

We should hope ALL of our players excel and succeed, not break body parts. :(

You would think, but sadly thats not the case. The Trolls are a handful of cry babies that cant admit they were wrong so they keep hoping for failure.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
After having a whole thread introducing Devin Smith as the Cowboys new slot receiver, you must be laughing at that individual who started that thread now. Oh man, to see the look on his face.

Not at all. The premise was based on the caveat that they didnt take a WR high. Now Smith will be the 4th receiver in 4 WR sets.

Talk about ridiculous? Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Smith.

Did you start crying when they made the Lamb pick?

conner01

Reaction score
I have to disagree with people saying lamb will need 2-3 years to develope. He certainly wont be a finished product year 1, but in recent years WRs have shown the ability to contribute early, and lamb has the skillset to.

Expectations should be high right out of the gates for him. Not expecting a 1000 yard season right away, but he should significantly contribute
He’s in a perfect situation to contribute now as he grows as a player
He isn’t gonna be asked to beat the best CB
If anything he’s gonna draw a nickle corner
He won’t be what he will be year one but he will contribute much more than some think

StuckMojo

Reaction score
A good percentage of people share your opinion. However, pro contracts are not merit based. They are market based. If someone (Jerry Jones) believes a player (Dak Prescott) is worth [fill in the amount], then Prescott will get paid [fill in the amount].

Another quarterback will eventually get paid more than Russell Wilson. It just a matter of time. It may as well be Prescott.
I just don’t think that’s smart business to pay someone the most because they are next contract up. But I’m gonna pull hard for whoever is wearing the star!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I’m neutral on Dak so I have nothing to contribute but as soon as we drafted Lamb one question immediately came to mind.

Those of you who criticize Dak, how do you feel about this pick? In other words, a lot of Dak’s critics use excuses as to why his stats are so good and now we just added a huge weapon that could make him look even better and justify alleged his salary demands. If there was any hope of Dak being exposed, it just went out the window. So are you happy our offense will be unstoppable with Dak at the helm or are you upset that drafting Lamb also meant extending Dak (most likely)?

I wouldn’t call myself a Dak hater. I supported the guy from the beginning and think he is a good QB. The contract nonsense has gotten to me a bit though. It’s a distraction and I wish Dak would sit down with his agents and figure out a solution. He just can’t be paid like Wilson. I do think he is in a great situation that has gotten better. McCarthy has always been a good QB guy and the Lamb pick has to make him happy. Being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is a great gig. I wish this impasse would work out. Quickly.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Not at all. The premise was based on the caveat that they didnt take a WR high. Now Smith will be the 4th receiver in 4 WR sets.

Talk about ridiculous? Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Smith.

Did you start crying when they made the Lamb pick?

Did I start crying? Not at all! I think Lamb is a great prospect.

I'm sure the person who started that thread is throwing a temper tantrum right now though.

We can laugh at him together!

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
It's a must pick if he's rated 6th on your board. But if you think Dak suddenly gets better because a rookie walks in the door is mistaken. Receivers take a few years to develop and we won't be forcing him the ball. 2-3 years from now we will see better returns for this kid if he works hard.
Dak has to get Lamb the ball for the pick to be worth while. Just saw a lot of frustration in the receivers this year trying to catch passe over their heads and behind them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So because others overpay we should too?
There is no "we".

If Jerry Jones wants to overpay, the answer is yes. Will Jones "overpay"? There is a high probability the answer is yes.

This is the reason why I have been wanting this subject resolved for going on two years. Just like Romo, the conversation must evolve beyond 'they should not pay him that much' to 'they should not have paid him that much'.

Some people are caught up with a lingering sense of dread floating over their heads. The forecast is 90%-100% for raining money and Prescott's dark cloud is about to burst over some heads.

SSoup

Reaction score
Cobb had a pretty amazing season for a #3. Love the Lamb pick, but Lamb is unlikely to match that kind of production (as far as first downs, and yards relative to targets) unless an injury thrusts him into one of the top 2 starting WR jobs for a good chunk of the season.

This pick hopefully sets us up to have a good receiver corps for years. But you might be kidding yourself if you think it's a day 1 upgrade over last year. Our WR trio is, for right now, a downgrade from last year.

But promoting Jarwin improved the TE position so perhaps our passing game weapons, as a whole, have upgraded.

(And hopefully the passing game weapons are all improved thanks to Kellen Moore hopefully being turned loose from some of the rigidity of the previous regime. Maybe McCarthy helps with his own scheme stuff too, though there's a reason he earned the reputation for having let his offense go stale in his last job, so I'm not holding my breath waiting for McCarthy to be the magical fix by himself.)

aria

Reaction score
I wouldn’t call myself a Dak hater. I supported the guy from the beginning and think he is a good QB. The contract nonsense has gotten to me a bit though. It’s a distraction and I wish Dak would sit down with his agents and figure out a solution. He just can’t be paid like Wilson. I do think he is in a great situation that has gotten better. McCarthy has always been a good QB guy and the Lamb pick has to make him happy. Being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys is a great gig. I wish this impasse would work out. Quickly.
Same here man, I feel the same way.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has to get Lamb the ball for the pick to be worth while. Just saw a lot of frustration in the receivers this year trying to catch passe over their heads and behind them.

Not just that. Rookie receivers hit walls as they run into NFL calibre defenders, not being able to dominate as easily etc. Plus we have 2 other good receivers and a stud RB so his targets won't be huge. Add in that Dak likes to see the seperation before he slings the ball means he needs to win the route early. He will probably do ok, but won't have Cobb numbers in yards or TD's.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
There is no "we".

If Jerry Jones wants to overpay, the answer is yes. Will Jones "overpay"? There is a high probability the answer is yes.

This is the reason why I have been wanting this subject resolved for going on two years. Just like Romo, the conversation must evolve beyond 'they should not pay him that much' to 'they should not have paid him that much'.

Some people are caught up with a lingering sense of dread floating over their heads. The forecast is 90%-100% for raining money and Prescott's dark cloud is about to burst over some heads.
No dread floating over my head. As long as they wear the Star I’m pulling for them whether I think their overpaid or not

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Oh he's catching 60 balls. We have to replace 120+ catches between Cobb and Witten.

These catches had a lot to do with their positions/locations on the field and play design to check down.

Lamb could very well have a huge year, but if he did it would mostly be at the expense of Gallup.

cowboygo

Reaction score
These catches had a lot to do with their positions/locations on the field and play design to check down.

Lamb could very well have a huge year, but if he did it would mostly be at the expense of Gallup.
Hopefully the catches to replace Cobb & Witten are less because we didn't play catch up as much. But if we are in shootouts week in and week out, I do see the receivers alternating in having huge weeks. One of them is having single coverage, and people will be burned if they leave Gallup 1on1.

Redline360

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is turning into the Cowboys of the Romo years. Great offense that has the burden of carrying a horrible defense.

Granted I am a fan of Romo however Dak has the vastly superior offense surrounding him. Even Daks defense has been superior to the romo years(bar 1 or 2 years). Romo made players better, dak needs to be surrounded by talent.

Don't get me wrong I still think Dak is an above average quarterback that most teams would love to have. He's good enough to win a supermodel with the players around him. He however is not elite nor trash like this forum makes him out to be.

With this offense no reason we shouldn't be putting up tons of points every game

cowboygo

Reaction score
I have a feeling this is turning into the Cowboys of the Romo years. Great offense that has the burden of carrying a horrible defense.

Granted I am a fan of Romo however Dak has the vastly superior offense surrounding him. Even Daks defense has been superior to the romo years(bar 1 or 2 years). Romo made players better, dak needs to be surrounded by talent.

Don't get me wrong I still think Dak is an above average quarterback that most teams would love to have. He's good enough to win a supermodel with the players around him. He however is not elite nor trash like this forum makes him out to be.

With this offense no reason we shouldn't be putting up tons of points every game
Yup, but if you know you can get near elite play from Dak with a great supporting cast, I'd say roll with him instead of an unknown. Jameis Winston would be such a wildcard even with this supporting cast. He's more talented than Dak, but the risk/reward is too much. Same goes with a rookie. I would have been happy with going for Brady though, that meant bringing in Gronk as well and also Lamb? Wow would've been something. Bring Andrew Luck back from retirement is the only way I see the QB position really upgrading in the short-term.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No dread floating over my head. As long as they wear the Star I’m pulling for them whether I think their overpaid or not
In my opinion, the sooner any team's fanbase comes to the realization they are not involved in contract negotiations between owner and player, the better.

Go Cowboys.