Dak: I give myself a "C"

Sydla

Reaction score
Well then that can also apply to Wentz. 1 bad season (rookie year), 1 good season (last year).

The trends are different is one reason. Wentz took his lumps rookie year, then was having a MVP caliber year his 2nd season. Dak has a great year his rookie year but then regressed his 2nd year.

Not sure I totally buy the argument but it’s not an absurd argument to make either.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The trends are different is one reason. Wentz took his lumps rookie year, then was having a MVP caliber year his 2nd season. Dak has a great year his rookie year but then regressed his 2nd year.

Not sure I totally buy the argument but it’s not an absurd argument to make either.

Trends, who cares about. Sucking is sucking, no matter if it's year 1 or year 2.

mcmvp

Reaction score

Another thing to consider is Wentz was asked to do a hell of a lot more as a rookie than Dak was in either year. 607 pass attempts is quite a lot. He literally was thrown to the wolves....and it helped him for his future development.

That’s pretty close to 10 more pass attempts per game than Dak had his rookie year. Defenses will certainly play you differently if you throw that much.

Last edited:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak has always seemed to be level-headed.

That level-headedness does not always translate onto the field and that is what matters the most. Hopefully, he improves upon his footwork, accuracy, and the other items it takes to be a good to great QB in this league, and so his path is upwards and not downwards for him. Otherwise, it will become "just a business decision" if/when the team decides to move on.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak knows what a dak friendly offense is. Why would he tell you, every fanbase, and all the other 31 teams what their plans are?

Doesnt make sense.

If you take daks word then maybe you are delusional!:facepalm::huh:
I see what you did there. Turned the tables on me. Nice try. . . .but I'm NO. I am going by what the man said. You are reading other things into it, to justify your beliefs.

The term " Dak Friendly" is a derogatory term. It implies there is only one type of offense he can succeed in because he is limited. As if there's only 1 way he can succeed. Then you twist it and say it means Wr's who can create seperation. That's a fallacy. Again to suit an agenda.

Be honest do you really think Dak didn't throw the Ball because the WR couldn't get seperation. No the truth is Dak didn't recognize when they were open. Windows open and close quickly. This is a brutal game played by extremely fast individuals who get paid millions to play defense.

Posters say that last years WR couldn't get seperation but now this group van and that's "Dak Friendly". Says who? There's no proof of that.

Then Posters will tear Dez down and say it was all his fault (Lost a step, drops, can't run routes, too demanding made poor Dak look bad by forcing him to throw to him) .But senile Skip Bayless started all that false narrative to save face for Dak. Then Skip tried to kiss Dak's *** and give him a B for last year and Dak corrected him and said C.

PS. Akoye Videos debunked the Dez can't get open narrative but many here have bashed Akoye and wouldn't accept the video evidence. Claiming it was sacrilegious against thier idol Dak.

Dak is what he is. Did any if you watch the documentary Dak a family story on you tube. In the beginning when the coaches at Mississippi State were asked about him. They mentioned it was the way he commended a room of men were the most impressive but in the next breathe say " I hope he is not throwing the ball the way he did last year". He's in the NFL now and they are still reporting how terrible his throws are in practice. Has to work on footwork and mechanics. Come on guys be honest.

HE IS LIMITED HE IS WHAT HE IS.

Why is thier so much unbiased love for him.
Why can't you Lovers of Dak ever be honest. Dak is he knows he laid an egg last year. He admitted it. Why can"t the Dak Lovers

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think it shows a great deal of maturity but anyhow.

Romo would have got a “”D” for his 2008 and 2012 seasons but would he or the delusional Romo lovers ever admit any of his failures?
Why are you talking about Romo to degend Dak the 2018 season is about to start and Dak is the QB of the Cowboys

NotForLong

Reaction score
first 24 games were an A. last 8 were an F.

But Dak is grading himself on simply being a QB as probably someone like you does. I grade the kid based on what he is. I factor in that he is only a 2nd year QB.

In that context the kid has been an A overall. But if your not factoring in his youth, I think a solid B would be a good grade.
:huh: so you grade on a curve. Not how he performs. That's the reason many here are delussional. You factor everything in to prop him up. I go by his performance sorry that's the kind of footballfam I am.

I would say this. It's only his second year hopefully he can improve.

You say I give him an A because I really really like him

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Teams are not afraid of Austin at this point in his career. Just because he runs fast doesn’t mean teams will game plan him.

He’s going to have to prove he’s more of a player than he showed in LA for teams to start worrying about him on a consistent basis.
so far he is a gadget player that is pretty much a bust for where he was drafted

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.
Dak sees himself right now as average which is pretty accurate I think.....not overrating his play as "elite" like a certain former WR we had that shall remain nameless.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
The Cowboys better think about future quarterback. Dak won't take them to the promise land on his own (like the other greats) unless he has all A class players around him.
You can't spend too much money on OL RB etc so just to improve Dak chances.
If we win this season give it to the RB and OL. they are the signature of this team.
The Friendly this and Friendly that system is nothing but a temporary Band Aid.

817Gill

Reaction score
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.
Dak has spoken on Dak-friendly to local reporters and has said it describes an offense based on timing and detail. I think he just held his tongue for the sake of not revealing too much or not giving Shannon what he wants. I also don't understand the hang-up fans have on that phrase, it's pretty simple.

Every franchise quarterback has an offense built to maximize their strengths and mask their weaknesses. Every offense incorporates things their QB is comfortable with because why wouldn't you? The phrase just means building an offense more predicated to Daks strengths. Why would anyone have a problem with that? You know that in 2016 Dak ran a dumbed down 'Romo-friendly' offense, and in 2017 the coaching staff gave him full reigns of that offense. This was a major issue as the 'Romo-friendly' passing game reliant on Dez Bryant/Jason Witten to open the game up for others and relied on Romo's experience to check plays at the line and cause mismatches.

Dez and Witten are no longer the Dez and Witten we need, and Dak was only a 2nd-year guy so he wasn't ready for the complex variations of a 12-year vet. The truth is, the changes in the passing game philosophy should have been implemented going into 2017. The coaches were a year late, but are finally aware of that mistake and we should be relieved. This change gives our passing game the best chance to succeed.

I was always skeptical about just grandfathering Dak into Romo's system. It seemed lazy to just give him Romo's book instead of crafting one around him and his strengths. 2017's personnel might not have been very well suited for the switch as the team lacked athleticism and route-running, but you'd hope NFL coaches would have a little more foresight than what Garrett & co have shown.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I think a C is fair. I dont think he is bad but he is not more then very avarage. He has alot work to do and not alot of talent besides his ego.

Id give him a B- on his rookie season. So not a big drop off.

I see him as an future average QB. Lets see how he develops.

As long as the FO goes: I would invest alot of high picks into the QB position just to stay compettive. I dont see Dak right now as the true solution at the position.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was terribly inaccurate and was hardly mustering out yards by the end of the season. I think in the last 3 games, where we still could have gotten into the PO, he had 1 TD.
Wentz, who had a worse passer completion %, would have faired worse behind the Cowboys horried 2017 pass protection.