Dak: I give myself a "C"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We are against him for the same reason people hated the "Golden Cock"...

We could do so much better at the position and Prescott is our weak link..

My question is , why did fans not lobby for the "Golden Cock" like they do for Dak?

Why do people hate Crawford and in his day , Carr?

I was never against any of those players, as a fan I can only pull for a guy to do the job. As for Dak, he took over day 1 as a rookie and performed very well, in his 2nd season he had some struggles sorry if I don't give up on a guy at the drop of a hat. QB is one of the hardest position to play and I have seen HOF QB who when they were in year 2 of their career struggled. Very few at that position just walk in day 1 and play to a pro bowl level and frankly in his 1st 2 season Dak has done better than most

HungryLion

Reaction score
We are against him for the same reason people hated the "Golden Cock"...

We could do so much better at the position and Prescott is our weak link..

My question is , why did fans not lobby for the "Golden Cock" like they do for Dak?

Why do people hate Crawford and in his day , Carr?

I don’t think this is a fair comparison at all.

Nick Hayden never, ever, ever put up the same kind of production that Dak did as a rookie. If Nick Hayden was capable of putting up that kind of production, even given the “supporting cast” argument. He would still be on the team. But Hayden never played anywhere close to a pro bowl level.

Most fans also gave Crawford and Carr a lot more than 2 years also....... so again the comparison isn’t accurate. If Crawford and Carr played at a pro bowl level 1 out of every 2 seasons, they would probably be beloved by most of the fans here.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
um. I was making certain to not assume you were talking about something else. However, you are correct. It does not matter which network hosts the Top 100. The voting process created for the list was flawed when it was initially conceived. Why anyone still gives it any validity, especially after all these years, is astounding.
I wonder if you felt this way last year when Dak was #14 on that list?

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if you felt this way last year when Dak was #4 on that list?
LOL!

My friend, I denounced the Top 100 list from day one. I may be inclined to track down quite a few prior comments I have made on this very forum through the years about the nonsense and re-post them.

Once again, the voting process behind the list is flawed. Logically, it would be irrelevant if Prescott and every other player imaginable placed at #1 and every single slot afterwards. The voting process is arguably worse than that conducted by beauty contests. It is simply a filler for the network's audience, which some fall for hook, line, and sinker.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I lied. I thought it would be easy re-posting my prior comments about NFL Network's Top 100 lists. Sike. Oh well. Here is one I did find from May 2014:
Not only is your opinion shared by others like myself, but your opinion is also fact. Players vote according to their perception of a player and place little relevance on another player's productivity from the previous season. Case in point. Peyton Manning's injuries forced him to miss the entire 2011 season. He was named 50th best on 2012's Top 100 list. Since the ballot format is wide open, it is not difficult for anyone to understand how flawed the balloting process is for all players that make up the final list.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
LOL!

My friend, I denounced the Top 100 list from day one. I may be inclined to track down quite a few prior comments I have made on this very forum through the years about the nonsense and re-post them.

Once again, the voting process behind the list is flawed. Logically, it would be irrelevant if Prescott and every other player imaginable placed at #1 and every single slot afterwards. The voting process is arguably worse than that conducted by beauty contests. It is simply a filler for the network's audience, which some fall for hook, line, and sinker.
Ok that is fair. All lists are flawed so all of them are "fillers" for networks etc. Sort of like the top 10 shows they put out. Interesting but nothing to get all steamed up about.

DakBringMeBack

Reaction score
Love this kid. Such a leader. Never satisfied. If he gets help we will be in the NFC title game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
lol. yep he's like Garrett. He has to have a super star studded team around him to make look good.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love this kid. Such a leader. Never satisfied. If he gets help we will be in the NFC title game.

Lets see now what else is missing for BDD(Bus Driver Dak) hmmm ok lets go out and get Julio Jones WR and Kelce Te and a Ravens 2000 type defense hmmmm what else for Dak to have glory hmmmm another Zeke would help ....question is how do we overcome something called the "Cap" ....hence our dilemma here .....well Jerry you need to get the NFL to abolish the Cap baby so BDD can win baby win.....