Twitter: Dak: "I stopped listening to what Jerry says to the media. Doesn't hold weight with me"

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Dak isn’t alone. A lot of people don’t pay much attention to the crazy things Jerry says to the media.

As a matter of fact, about the only people who pay much attention to it is the media. Also, the people that hate Jerry with a passion and want to tell everyone how terrible he is. They too pay attention so they can have more fodder to hate him.

I said years ago that I wish Jerry would just stop all of his media crap because he 1, doesn’t make sense, and 2, just makes things worse for the Cowboys. Or both, most of the time.

It sounds like Dak is about where I am with that.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dak isn’t alone. A lot of people don’t pay much attention to the crazy things Jerry says to the media.

As a matter of fact, about the only people who pay much attention to it is the media. Also, the people that hate Jerry with a passion and want to tell everyone how terrible he is. They too pay attention so they can have more fodder to hate him.

I said years ago that I wish Jerry would just stop all of his media crap because he 1, doesn’t make sense, and 2, just makes things worse for the Cowboys. Or both, most of the time.

It sounds like Dak is about where I am with that.
Buy the team or understand the fullness of the responsibility and real burden of leadership. Are the Eagles and their leadership going to again over winning and then losing prior to this season?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jerry is eating this up because he knows the Cowboys will be in the news all week now Dak has started a media fire.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I've seen this before working in sales. The money isn't a big a it is in the NFL, but the egos are comparable. We had a couple of guys over the years that were really good at their jobs. They brought in big money, and because of that they were given a pass. They got it in their heads that they could do the same anywhere, and their attitudes became a detriment to overall production.

They stuck around for awhile, but then they started openly questioning and criticizing the GM. There was the eventual war of words, yelling matches, and just like that, they were gone.

Dak isn't bigger than the Dallas Cowboys. I've criticized the Jones family as much as anyone over the years, and would love nothing more than for him to have his ego checked...but not at the cost of the chemistry of the young core we have in place. The Jones family has been very generous towards Dak and have made him an incredibly wealthy man. The least he can do is reciprocate that by showing some humility throughout this process, whether it looks like he's sticking around, or not.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would assume Dak doesn't want to play in Dallas. Why else would he say that? Well, fingers crossed.
You know what happens when you assume. This is nothing more than both Jerry and Dak negotiating via the media. It sucks and there’s only 1 person to blame and that’s big mouth Jerry. I for one applaud Dak for showing some backbone standing up in the negotiations. Good on him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've seen this before working in sales. The money isn't a big a it is in the NFL, but the egos are comparable. We had a couple of guys over the years that were really good at their jobs. They brought in big money, and because of that they were given a pass. They got it in their heads that they could do the same anywhere, and their attitudes became a detriment to overall production.

They stuck around for awhile, but then they started openly questioning and criticizing the GM. There was the eventual war of words, yelling matches, and just like that, they were gone.

Dak isn't bigger than the Dallas Cowboys. I've criticized the Jones family as much as anyone over the years, and would love nothing more than for him to have his ego checked...but not at the cost of the chemistry of the young core we have in place. The Jones family has been very generous towards Dak and have made him an incredibly wealthy man. The least he can do is reciprocate that by showing some humility throughout this process, whether it looks like he's sticking around, or not.
He’s been franchised tagged twice and has been strung out in both of his contract negotiations. I think you’re putting the blame on the wrong person. Haters are so blinded by their hate.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making contract negotiation comments in public like Jerry and Stephen routinely do are not only stupid but a low brow practice most teams‘ GMs usually handle by saying easy things like, “We are negotiating but we don’t comment about contract negotiations in public.” End of story.

All of these public postures and quotes, especially made by the team’s “leaders“ are nothing more than carnival barking and media slobbering for attention. It’s very 80s and 90s NFL much like a lot of things the Jones boys still do.

Whatever anyone here or with the team thinks about Dak Prescott, he’s been here 8 years and if this team doesn’t know if they want him or not, that’s crazy. Put it simpler- if the Cowboys don’t want him, they should just shut up and play out this year knowing he’s gone next year. If they do want him, sign him now because he will cost more next year.

Either way, Dak is going to be paid a boat load of money either here or at his next stop. That’s just what starting QBs cost nowadays. I didn’t say that’s what SB winning QBs get paid. Just starters. There are already 12 QBs in this league making $55 million a year, several who haven’t even won one playoff game. It’s crazy but it’s just what QBs cost. I know a lot of people would love to see Dak gone but right now there is no one ready to step into that role on this roster. And who trusts this FO to draft our next franchise QB?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
He’s been franchised tagged twice and has been strung out in both of his contract negotiations. I think you’re putting the blame on the wrong person. Haters are so blinded by their hate.
I don't hate him. I want nothing more than to see him win a championship this year and sign a massive extension next offseason. I don't see it happening and I grow less and less confident every time I see these two trading jabs. I'm getting the feeling we don't know the whole story between the two of them.