Twitter: Dak: "I stopped listening to what Jerry says to the media. Doesn't hold weight with me"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Making contract negotiation comments in public like Jerry and Stephen routinely do are not only stupid but a low brow practice most teams‘ GMs usually handle by saying easy things like, “We are negotiating but we don’t comment about contract negotiations in public.” End of story.

All of these public postures and quotes, especially made by the team’s “leaders“ are nothing more than carnival barking and media slobbering for attention. It’s very 80s and 90s NFL much like a lot of things the Jones boys still do.

Whatever anyone here or with the team thinks about Dak Prescott, he’s been here 8 years and if this team doesn’t know if they want him or not, that’s crazy. Put it simpler- if the Cowboys don’t want him, they should just shut up and play out this year knowing he’s gone next year. If they do want him, sign him now because he will cost more next year.

Either way, Dak is going to be paid a boat load of money either here or at his next stop. That’s just what starting QBs cost nowadays. I didn’t say that’s what SB winning QBs get paid. Just starters. There are already 12 QBs in this league making $55 million a year, several who haven’t even won one playoff game. It’s crazy but it’s just what QBs cost. I know a lot of people would love to see Dak gone but right now there is no one ready to step into that role on this roster. And who trusts this FO to draft our next franchise QB?
Right on Bob. Whether you like Dak or not, Jerry’s treated him as a hard nosed businessman franchising him twice and stringing him along both contracts. Dak’s bent over backwards for the franchise coming back from a horrific leg injury better than he was before. Jerry and Stephen should be ashamed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't hate him. I want nothing more than to see him win a championship this year and sign a massive extension next offseason. I don't see it happening and I grow less and less confident every time I see these two trading jabs. I'm getting the feeling we don't know the whole story between the two of them.
It’s just Jerry being Jerry. He’ll extend him before opening day or it will send a horrible message to the entire organization minus Jerry and the haters.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It’s just Jerry being Jerry. He’ll extend him before opening day or it will send a horrible message to the entire organization minus Jerry and the haters.
Idk if you noticed, but according to a poll here, 67% of posters want Dak gone. That's a pretty staggering statistic leading me to believe it wouldn't be too shocking to see Dak walk. I'm not sure how it would be a negative message when all of these guys know the business and understand how numbers work.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Idk if you noticed, but according to a poll here, 67% of posters want Dak gone. That's a pretty staggering statistic leading me to believe it wouldn't be too shocking to see Dak walk. I'm not sure how it would be a negative message when all of these guys know the business and understand how numbers work.
That sounds about right as to the percentage of posters here who are football knowledge challenged.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Making contract negotiation comments in public like Jerry and Stephen routinely do are not only stupid but a low brow practice most teams‘ GMs usually handle by saying easy things like, “We are negotiating but we don’t comment about contract negotiations in public.” End of story.

All of these public postures and quotes, especially made by the team’s “leaders“ are nothing more than carnival barking and media slobbering for attention. It’s very 80s and 90s NFL much like a lot of things the Jones boys still do.

Whatever anyone here or with the team thinks about Dak Prescott, he’s been here 8 years and if this team doesn’t know if they want him or not, that’s crazy. Put it simpler- if the Cowboys don’t want him, they should just shut up and play out this year knowing he’s gone next year. If they do want him, sign him now because he will cost more next year.

Either way, Dak is going to be paid a boat load of money either here or at his next stop. That’s just what starting QBs cost nowadays. I didn’t say that’s what SB winning QBs get paid. Just starters. There are already 12 QBs in this league making $55 million a year, several who haven’t even won one playoff game. It’s crazy but it’s just what QBs cost. I know a lot of people would love to see Dak gone but right now there is no one ready to step into that role on this roster. And who trusts this FO to draft our next franchise QB?
I hear you. JJ negotiating through the media is tiresome and counterproductive. Completely agree.

As far as what might happen… I think there is still a high likelihood a deal gets done before week one. “Deadlines make deals” is the FO MO after all, and it’s clear by Dak’s comments that if there isn’t a deal before the season, he is walking. The path of least resistance is for JJ to cave and resign Dak, but with things getting more chippy, JJ just might dig his heels in, and if this season goes poorly, a divorce with Dak might be in the best interest of everyone involved.

Should it come to that, I think the FO goes into full rebuild mode. They will bring in a new HC to generate some positivity and optimism and scapegoat MM and Dak. They will still have 40 mil dead money to pay off, and they likely will need to purge D Law and Martin’s contracts as well. 2025 becomes a reset year where they commit to building around Parsons and Lamb as the future and clean up the cap as much as possible and then start the painful search for a young franchise QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I wonder who is buying all of Dak's jerseys every year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I hear you. JJ negotiating through the media is tiresome and counterproductive. Completely agree.

As far as what might happen… I think there is still a high likelihood a deal gets done before week one. “Deadlines make deals” is the FO MO after all, and it’s clear by Dak’s comments that if there isn’t a deal before the season, he is walking. The path of least resistance is for JJ to cave and resign Dak, but with things getting more chippy, JJ just might dig his heels in, and if this season goes poorly, a divorce with Dak might be in the best interest of everyone involved.

Should it come to that, I think the FO goes into full rebuild mode. They will bring in a new HC to generate some positivity and optimism and scapegoat MM and Dak. They will still have 40 mil dead money to pay off, and they likely will need to purge D Law and Martin’s contracts as well. 2025 becomes a reset year where they commit to building around Parsons and Lamb as the future and clean up the cap as much as possible and then start the painful search for a young franchise QB.
And useless. Did it work with CD. No it did not.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

That's what you get when your 'Franchise QB', isnt elite and needs so much CAP to provide a: WR, O-Line, Running Game and a Defense.

You want to deflect this as a Jerry issue, it's not, it's a scenario where paying Dak, what he wants FOR THE YEARS HE WANTS, is a business nightmare, especially with the $40m Dead Money (that was restructured to help Dak and the past 3 years 12-5)......because:

a) Jerry hasnt the talent to build that roster
b) Dak hasnt the talent without a full complement of....... WR, O-Line, Running Game and a Defense.
And who trusts this FO to draft our next franchise QB?
Build the lines and Defense with the saved Cap and fit in a cheaper vet and draft. We are as successful with rookie QB's as we are with Franchise QB.

plymkr

Reaction score

I’ve complained and vented on the culture issues we have in this team for years. Negotiating through the media is a big part of the culture issues. This drama would be a lot more fun to watch if it was the 49ers or the Eagles. This is very cringe watching it year after year with us. It’s not that hard to say “no comment” and move along.

It wouldn’t surprise me at this point if Jerry or Stephen leaked it to Jane Slater that Dak panics when his first read isn’t there. I can see them “starting the negotiations” there. Pure speculation on my part but Jerry and Stephen can be pretty petty. This whole offseason has been a master class in dysfunctional management. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not high on the idea of resigning Dak but I feel there are much better ways to handle things than what we’re seeing. We’re seeing total complete dysfunction originating from the FO. It sucks.