Dak: I want to be the best QB Cowboys ever had

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that’s complete BS and goes against pretty much every report from reputable journalists that follow the team, that all report the opposite about Dak’s work ethic.

But hey, whatever floats your boat man.

Name the receiver he had been staying late to practice with?

HungryLion

Reaction score

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I guess that since Prescott has some success so far in the NFL that these kind of comments are a bit confusing for fans.

It has been a while since we had a QB who could even come out and say they aspire to be great.

Romo never had that shot because he had to be the Cinderella story. Emerging from nowhere. With a shot to win the Master's Championship.
The bozos since Aikman could not even aspire to be mediocre.

Give Prescott some slack here.

jay94

Reaction score
I have no idea what has been said in this thread, but you guys hold on to a few sentences way to tightly. What the hell is the guy supposed to say ffs... He wants to be it too, I truly believe it, but there are fans that will hold him accountable for it now...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I think it is obvious some fans don’t want Prescott to be great. They wouldn’t mind Rush or White becoming great, they just don’t want Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He threw 3 TDs in his first playoff game as a rookie but had zero help from defence. But I guess that doesn't count.
Sure it counts! But its not very often you get to play the 30the ranked pass defense in the NFL when you make the playoffs. Daks first season looked so magical that everyone over looked how he struggled against the Vikings and Giants. The 2nd season Denver made him look terrible by taking away Zeke. The Falcons, Chargers, Eagles also made Dak look awful. Dak says all the right things and talks a great game but unless his arm strength and accuracy improve I dont think he can take this team anywhere.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think it is obvious some fans don’t want Prescott to be great. They wouldn’t mind Rush or White becoming great, they just don’t want Dak.
I could care less who the QB is of the Dallas Cowboys but what I dont want is to waste time on Dak without having an alternate plan. I like Dak but I dont like the way he throws the ball. When I talk about arm strength and someone posts MPH and Dak is supposed to be middle of the pack what I see when I watch him is a guy who tosses the ball instead of decisively throwing the ball. This is ok when your guy is open but if you notice Dak has this non chalant throw like he isnt trying. I think thats his normal self and everyone thinks he is just taking it easy. You watch his NFL games, his tossing the ball with Garrett or the NFL pro bowl competition or his little contest with David Carr he has that same relaxed toss the ball motion.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
I think the phrase is some fans don't believe he has the overall talent to be great, which is what i believe. But one thing I dislike about Dak is his false humility, dude act like you haven't accomplished nothing yet, cause guess what, you haven't accomplished nothing. The statement that spawned this thread is case in point.

wrongway

Reaction score
Good point! Dak is seriously handicapped compared to Roger and Troy. Could Dan Marino win a Superbowl with Garrett?
Marino couldn't win one with Don Shula. What does that say? Any other coach have an undefeated season? Rhetorical. Marino was great didn't have the team around him to get it done.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Sure it counts! But its not very often you get to play the 30the ranked pass defense in the NFL when you make the playoffs. Daks first season looked so magical that everyone over looked how he struggled against the Vikings and Giants. The 2nd season Denver made him look terrible by taking away Zeke. The Falcons, Chargers, Eagles also made Dak look awful. Dak says all the right things and talks a great game but unless his arm strength and accuracy improve I dont think he can take this team anywhere.

He was a fourth round compensatory pick that wasn't supposed to start, he was a project that would learn behind Romo for a year or two. But he was forced to start, and lead them to 12-4...obviously he wasn't ready to take on the best defences in the league, but he still won one of those games you mentioned. I'd give first overall picks the benefit of the doubt the first couple years, you guys don't give our guy getting paid $500k a year any

Hadenough

Reaction score
He was a fourth round compensatory pick that wasn't supposed to start, he was a project that would learn behind Romo for a year or two. But he was forced to start, and lead them to 12-4...obviously he wasn't ready to take on the best defences in the league, but he still won one of those games you mentioned. I'd give first overall picks the benefit of the doubt the first couple years, you guys don't give our guy getting paid $500k a year any
I think he does deserve the benefit of letting this play out. That first season was great but as time goes on defenses get smarter by learning your strengths and weaknesses. They eventually take away your strengths and tendencies and funnel you into playing your weakness. Thats where I think Dak is at a disadvantage and this season is going to be a prove it season!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What is obvious is your taking this to a area it shouldn't be!!!!
As one of Dak's most stern critics here it would be awesome for him to make us all eat crow with his 5 star performances out there this have no doubt.It will be a pleasure to eat all the crow in the world as long as Dak is leading our Cowboys to victories baby!
But since his start i sincerely feel and know he lacks the talent to ever be a STUD QB in the NFL and whatever success he has had is due to Zeke and one of the best Offlines in the NFL.
GOOD LUCK to DAK and yes i really mean that but i highly doubt he will be able to overcome his inept abilities and sooner than later will hit the bench as you either have it or you don't and Dak simply DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!!

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I think that’s the right attitude. But I want to see the work. If no different in mechanics? Then I know he didn’t do squat,and neither did the staff...in which case? Dump Garrett...because that’s his sole priority IMO,and I’m not going to listen to excuses from anyone about it. I want to see proper footwork,and proper release. Not this winging it off the back foot business doing a fade away shot. It happens,we’re human and I get that....but not to the extent he was. I’ll know very soon here when I get to camp.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What is obvious is your taking this to a area it shouldn't be!!!!
As one of Dak's most stern critics here it would be awesome for him to make us all eat crow with his 5 star performances out there this have no doubt.It will be a pleasure to eat all the crow in the world as long as Dak is leading our Cowboys to victories baby!
But since his start i sincerely feel and know he lacks the talent to ever be a STUD QB in the NFL and whatever success he has had is due to Zeke and one of the best Offlines in the NFL.
GOOD LUCK to DAK and yes i really mean that but i highly doubt he will be able to overcome his inept abilities and sooner than later will hit the bench as you either have it or you don't and Dak simply DOES NOT HAVE IT!!!!
And what area do you feel I am taking this to where it shouldn’t be? If you believe it has to do with black and white, you are incorrect. It has to do with the number 9.