Dak: I want to be the best QB Cowboys ever had

plasticman

Reaction score
So do I. It's not happening though.
Dak already has the best frst two seasons for a Cowboy QB in a history.....arguably in NFL history.

Best completion pct in NFL history, most attempts before 1st INT in history, 2 ND most wins...... My

But g

Blackrain

Reaction score
I cant stand hunters that waste usable things from the kills. Almost everything is useful to someone. I have family that likes to use our property and hunt just to hunt . But they donate the meat charities to help feed people
I know a lot of guys that do that with there meat . I use it all I like knowing there are no preservatives or chemicals in the meat I'm eating and butchering it myself I'm sure its a clean process . You would be surprised how many experienced hunters cant field dress a deer properly and make a total mess of it. Its funny a lot of people say they don't like the taste of wild game and most can be traced back to improper field dressing .

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Even if he puts up numbers and wins a couple of SBs ,there will still be those that trash him. Look at the Troy Aikman thread. lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
The trophy is great but I don't shoot anything I am not going to eat hope Wentz is like minded. Nothing the matter with holding out for a Trophy as long as you make use of everything.

That’s my only issue I ever have. I am not a fan of the “big game” trophy hunting in Africa where people shoot a lion or elephant just so they can feel good about themselves, but aren’t actually killing for the actual purpose of hunting, which is to eat.

But I also live in PA actually, and of course hunting for the meat is great. I love venison.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It gets forgotten that Dak had a DUI that he was lucky enough to get out of. There was Also spring break crap as well. Yes young people party that's obvious ... But there is always a time and place. I thought it was Funny how they were pouring champagne all over that crowd for doing well in the regular season. Then after the crushing one and done ... first thing he does ? Goes and Parties in Vegas . Yup you see ALL the QBs pouring Alcohol All over people for winning a game in the regular season .

No, it hasn’t been forgotten, it’s just recognized he was acquitted of the charge and it was over 2 years ago.

And what of this “spring break crap” you mentioned. Tell us what happened. You are really good just tossing out general comments about incidents you allege, but with no backup or detail.

Hell, the one time you offered what you claim is evidence it just shows Dak walking through a marina.

What about your own strip club incident? What about that? See, I can do that too!

Do you really not think people can see you are a mindless troll seeking attention?

Blackrain

Reaction score
That’s my only issue I ever have. I am not a fan of the “big game” trophy hunting in Africa where people shoot a lion or elephant just so they can feel good about themselves, but aren’t actually killing for the actual purpose of hunting, which is to eat.

But I also live in PA actually, and of course hunting for the meat is great. I love venison.

I hear ya brother , I have been invited to go to Africa many times and have no desire to have a tribe of natives do the hunting while I get carted around in a range rover and pull the trigger after the true hunting is done . I have no idea why someone would want to shoot those animals just to mount them on the wall but some egos need attention . The only reason I could see is if rogue animals were killing people and needed to be removed for peoples safety.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I'm rooting for him. He's got the right demeanor and leadership qualities I think. He just needs to become a more accurate passer...which is a hard thing to get significantly better at.

But wanting to be the best Cowboys QB ever has nothing to do with becoming one. Because I also want to be the best Cowboys QB ever. Yet never got beyond DIII college football. ;)

cern

Reaction score
I know a lot of guys that do that with there meat . I use it all I like knowing there are no preservatives or chemicals in the meat I'm eating and butchering it myself I'm sure its a clean process . You would be surprised how many experienced hunters cant field dress a deer properly and make a total mess of it. Its funny a lot of people say they don't like the taste of wild game and most can be traced back to improper field dressing .
my texas ranch has whitetail deer, feral hogs, dove, quail, geese, ducks, sandhill cranes and 700 acres set aside for chukar which I've been raising free range for 3 years now. I hunt them all and feast on them all. when a local butcher shop went out of business many years ago, I bought a walk in cooler and walk in freezer from the bank for pennies on the dollar. I age the meat at least two weeks before eating it. and I have 3 chocolate labs, my favorite dogs in the world. higgs (named after the higgs boson), caramba and caca (last two named by Brazilian wife).

GreenMean69

Reaction score

LOL its sad in todays world people still cant do it right. When I learned there was no mass internet smartphones and Google. I learned to do it when I was 6 years old. I used to love playing with deer legs teasing my older sisters telling them thats where aqua fresh comes from :D

odog422

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
He admitted after the first few games of the season that he had not spent enough time on his fundamentals leading up to the season. Sure he got the yips after ATL but he had regressed hard prior to that as well.

When did he say that?

I see you never got an answer...

GreenMean69

Reaction score
No, it hasn’t been forgotten, it’s just recognized he was acquitted of the charge and it was over 2 years ago.

And what of this “spring break crap” you mentioned. Tell us what happened. You are really good just tossing out general comments about incidents you allege, but with no backup or detail.

Hell, the one time you offered what you claim is evidence it just shows Dak walking through a marina.

What about your own strip club incident? What about that? See, I can do that too!

Do you really not think people can see you are a mindless troll seeking attention?

People places and things. Its not always yourself you have to worry about ... its the people you surround yourself with . You have to be smart because you never know what people will do. Other Qbs could very well party harder then Dak.... But they are not being as public. Look back at all the idiots that injured themselves by going out clubbing and drinking Like Talib and Burress drunk idiots shooting themselves. Why put yourself into situations you cant control and risk all for what ? Like the night he chose to spray booze all over the crowed... What if you pissed someone off by destroying something of theirs or getting their girl wet. You would think he would learn after getting beat down in spring break. He has everything you want in a QB and can be very good for years to come. He has to be smarter is all I am saying . You make it out to be something its not .

Or here is another example ... Just by accident, he hit someone. It could of turned out bad , lucky for him it didnt. But its all from the same thing . Drinking and partying. He wants to be the best , he needs to make changes .... like I have tried to say but some want to argue for the sake to argue

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People places and things. Its not always yourself you have to worry about ... its the people you surround yourself with . You have to be smart because you never know what people will do. Other Qbs could very well party harder then Dak.... But they are not being as public. Look back at all the idiots that injured themselves by going out clubbing and drinking Like Talib and Burress drunk idiots shooting themselves. Why put yourself into situations you cant control and risk all for what ? Like the night he chose to spray booze all over the crowed... What if you pissed someone off by destroying something of theirs or getting their girl wet. You would think he would learn after getting beat down in spring break. He has everything you want in a QB and can be very good for years to come. He has to be smarter is all I am saying . You make it out to be something its not .

Or here is another example ... Just by accident, he hit someone. It could of turned out bad , lucky for him it didnt. But its all from the same thing . Drinking and partying. He wants to be the best , he needs to make changes .... like I have tried to say but some want to argue for the sake to argue

You are talking about something different now. Before you were saying Dak was partying so much it was affecting his ability to focus on becoming a better QB, and now you are saying NFL players need to be aware of their circumstances so they don't innocently get into situations they can't control. Those are very different things.

But setting aside the change in direction, of course NFL players need to be aware of their surroundings, and be careful not to get themselves in the middle of bad situations. I don't think it has been stablished Dak is being reckless in that regard though. I hope he is careful, and if we find out at some point he made a stupid or reckless decision, I'll be the first to say so, but I don't see any evidence he is drinking and driving or hanging out with bad people. Obviously I don't know that he isn't, but I can't condemn someone for doing something I don't know they have actually done. No reasonable person can.

As for Burress, that situation isn't remotely analogous. The man was in a nightclub with a gun in his pants, and it was his own gun that he got shot with. That isn't a situation he just found himself in with no ability to control.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
You are talking about something different now. Before you were saying Dak was partying so much it was affecting his ability to focus on becoming a better QB, and now you are saying NFL players need to be aware of their circumstances so they don't innocently get into situations they can't control. Those are very different things.

But setting aside the change in direction, of course NFL players need to be aware of their surroundings, and be careful not to get themselves in the middle of bad situations. I don't think it has been stablished Dak is being reckless in that regard though. I hope he is careful, and if we find out at some point he made a stupid or reckless decision, I'll be the first to say so, but I don't see any evidence he is drinking and driving or hanging out with bad people. Obviously I don't know that he isn't, but I can't condemn someone for doing something I don't know they have actually done. No reasonable person can.

As for Burress, that situation isn't remotely analogous. The man was in a nightclub with a gun in his pants.

Maybe I did not word my OP correctly. It was all part of Dak needing to change to become the best. Its easy to say they are young and people his age all do it. But these players are not like normal kids their age. Even more so for the QB postion. SO they should be held to a higher standard hence the money and the fame.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did Jason Witten voluntarily say he wanted to be better than Novacek and other Cowboys greats in his 2nd season?

Probably not, but I don't think anyone has to do things exactly like anyone else. As long as a player isn't offensive or disrespectful, and I don't think Dak was, is it really a big deal?

Blackrain

Reaction score
my texas ranch has whitetail deer, feral hogs, dove, quail, geese, ducks, sandhill cranes and 700 acres set aside for chukar which I've been raising free range for 3 years now. I hunt them all and feast on them all. when a local butcher shop went out of business many years ago, I bought a walk in cooler and walk in freezer from the bank for pennies on the dollar. I age the meat at least two weeks before eating it. and I have 3 chocolate labs, my favorite dogs in the world. higgs (named after the higgs boson), caramba and caca (last two named by Brazilian wife).

You are living the dream I got 10 acres in Pocono Mts with Trout stream running through it native Brook and Browns . Game lands 2mile away with pheasant, grouse and woodcock . Plenty of deer and record book BlackBear . I got my big male chocolate Scout and 2 black females Kelly and Kota bird hunting machines . Labs are awesome .

I know you must have some serious heat down there how are your dogs in the heat . The colder it is the better my labs like it . Nothing like hunting birds with a couple inches of fresh snow on the ground .

Blackrain

Reaction score
LOL its sad in todays world people still cant do it right. When I learned there was no mass internet smartphones and Google. I learned to do it when I was 6 years old. I used to love playing with deer legs teasing my older sisters telling them thats where aqua fresh comes from :D

I hear you , made a mess of a couple till I learned to take my time and got a Puma White Hunter sheath knife . When they say sharp as a razor and strong as an axe its the truth . Split the pelvis and rib cage along with skinning the whole deer and it will still shave . Awesome tool !!

HungryLion

Reaction score
He hasn't done so his 1st 2 years.

that’s complete BS and goes against pretty much every report from reputable journalists that follow the team, that all report the opposite about Dak’s work ethic.

But hey, whatever floats your boat man.