Dak in his press conferences says put the ball in their hands at the end of game

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just wish Coop could have held on to that 4th down pass. Good play call, good route, good throw. It wasn't an easy chance, but Cooper is the kind of guy who can come down with that ball. I wonder what he is dealing with physically. Definitely not the guy we saw before the Jets game.
When I saw that I thought it was a catch until I saw the replay. But for that minute I had some hope we would pull the game out. That bad call effected us.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The refs didn’t help. We were moving the ball. That tripping call killed the drive. And the refs know it.

100%.

Calling a pass play on 3rd and 1 in that situation was stupid but it was still a horrible call that contributed to a loss.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
The two tripping calls were absurd. In my opinion, whether the calls cost us the game or not, they were intended to affect the outcome of the game. I am sick and tired of anti-Cowboys bias in officiating.
Wonder if Pats staff said something to the refs before the game, like watch the tripping today. We saw a lot of tripping on film.

Toro9

Reaction score
I love Dak but he sounds like more and more like Garrett with the coach speak everytime they come up short.

It’s concerning.
Yeah, Dak is a good QB and I suspect a good, level-headed person but his PCs are just as boring as JG's. My favorite player to listen to interviewed is probably Zeke or Robert Quinn.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Would've been nice had the defense been able to do it less than 92 yards away from the end zone but a 3 out in that situation was too much to ask. New England moved the ball 34 yards, burned 3 and a half minutes, then pinned the Cowboys.

Even if the infamous tripping call isn't made the Cowboys were still over 50 yards away from the end zone. To assume they would've scored a TD is a lot considering they hadn't done it all day.

glimmerman

Reaction score
100%.

Calling a pass play on 3rd and 1 in that situation was stupid but it was still a horrible call that contributed to a loss.
Can’t believe they didn’t run it on 3rd and 1. Elliot was running strong.. I saw a few plays that Dak should have kept it himself..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He keeps saying, put the ball in our hands at end of game with chance to win and I bet on us every time.

Well, he'd be out a ton of money if that is true.

Just saying. It's not a great bet at all right now.
well what I heard him say after this game was he had the ball with time at end of game and thats all he can ask for, but they didnt get it done, so he owned up to it.

cowboybish

Reaction score
The refs didn’t help. We were moving the ball. That tripping call killed the drive. And the refs know it.
Absolutely and there is no guarantee we would have drove the filed for a TD but 3rd and 1 is a lot easier than 3rd and 11. we get burned by the trip call.

silvernblu

Reaction score
well what I heard him say after this game was he had the ball with time at end of game and thats all he can ask for, but they didnt get it done, so he owned up to it.
I’m talking specifically when he said he’d bet on them all day in that situation. Just saying it’s quite ironic. He’d be losing a lot of money.

silvernblu

Reaction score
giphy.gif

I think you replied to the wrong person. My post was a light-hearted jab at Dak. Anything else you’re reading into it is on you.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I’m talking specifically when he said he’d bet on them all day in that situation. Just saying it’s quite ironic. He’d be losing a lot of money.
Well they have had success in those situations until the minn game and now the pats game.
Maybe now he knows that you cant always come back late on some teams.
My take is If I were him I would always want to have the lead going into the 4th and maintain that lead , increase the lead.
Let the other team do the comebacks.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Was I hallucinating when I saw Dak with the ball in his hands down by 4 with three timeouts left?

0-4 on game winning drives this year... the phony legend of clutch Dak is drying up quicker than the ink on hose Dak4MVP t-shirts and Christmas sweaters.

To be fair, Garrett didn't let him have the chance. Should have gone for it in 4th and 7, instead of kicking it, and losing.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Was I hallucinating when I saw Dak with the ball in his hands down by 4 with three timeouts left?

0-4 on game winning drives this year... the phony legend of clutch Dak is drying up quicker than the ink on hose Dak4MVP t-shirts and Christmas sweaters.

Talk to me in the playoffs.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Fredrick's foot leaves the ground and it's tripping, give me a break. A ticky tak call in the final minutes deciding a game like that is ridiculous. Sure they made other mistakes during the game but that's football. The team they were playing is pretty good and they played them tough right down to the final minutes.

Not according to the NFL front office. It should not have been called. I'm all for holding Dak accountable when he doesn't perform but no NFL QB comes back every time to win. Especially when there are phatom calls against them. That said the entire team including Dak played poorly. The special teams, the entire offense and even the defense because we couldn't stop them when it counted.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Actually, they did convert. Unfortunately, the officials decided to alter reality.

Yeah, I'm now a Dak fan (converted 2019) but in the Vikings game he drove the team down but bad play calling was the culprit and in this game he made the throw to get the first down but the tripping penalty erased it and even the throw on 4th down to Amari was catchable.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can’t believe they didn’t run it on 3rd and 1. Elliot was running strong.. I saw a few plays that Dak should have kept it himself..
But Glimm, the pass worked. Had they run it instead, even if they'd gotten it the officials would have called some other penalty.