Dak in his press conferences says put the ball in their hands at the end of game

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He wouldn't be out a 'ton of money'. He'd be up over his career.

Did Dak get called for tripping after his flip pass on 3rd that went for a first down got called back? I swear that was on a lineman. Maybe my TV is broken.

Did Dak drop the pass on 4th and 12 that hit the receiver in his hands? I thought he was throwing to Cooper, not himself.

I read statements like 'put the ball in our hands and....' as 'Put the ball in MY hands....'

He can't execute a game winning drive while he's getting jobbed by the refs and his receivers are dropping balls.
The one thing he blew in that game was not putting gloves on from the very start. I can't blame anyone but him for that. He's been playing at the college and pro level too long to have never tried the gloves before. Other than that, I can't lay much of the game at his feet.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
The one thing he blew in that game was not putting gloves on from the very start. I can't blame anyone but him for that. He's been playing at the college and pro level too long to have never tried the gloves before. Other than that, I can't lay much of the game at his feet.

I don't disagree. If one is to believe Gronkowski, Bellichick douses balls in water and makes Brady throw them. Like, how obvious is that for a coach to do when they know inclement weather is predicted.

I don't know, man. I've always been a Garrett supporter, but it's getting really hard. We can say Dak should've moved to a glove earlier, but we can also say that his HC - A FORMER QB - should've prepped him better.

We play a decent team today. Don't give me a 4 point thriller. I hope we step up and play angry.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't disagree. If one is to believe Gronkowski, Bellichick douses balls in water and makes Brady throw them. Like, how obvious is that for a coach to do when they know inclement weather is predicted.

I don't know, man. I've always been a Garrett supporter, but it's getting really hard. We can say Dak should've moved to a glove earlier, but we can also say that his HC - A FORMER QB - should've prepped him better.

We play a decent team today. Don't give me a 4 point thriller. I hope we step up and play angry.
Garrett definitely should have had them all practicing with a wet ball, but as someone who's never played professional football, even I would know enough to at least try wearing gloves when the ball is wet.

I swear, sometimes it just seems like everyone on this team is stupid or stubborn.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
One thing I can't get out of my mind this week is Dak wants to be paid $35 million, yet he didn't practice with a wet ball or glove this week.

My initial thought is the coaching staff let him down, however, on further reflection, why didn't he take the initiative to do it on his own?

I would bet big bucks, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady would. If you want to be paid at that level you have to be that guy in my opinion. He isn't a rookie anymore.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
One thing I can't get out of my mind this week is Dak wants to be paid $35 million, yet he didn't practice with a wet ball or glove this week.

My initial thought is the coaching staff let him down, however, on further reflection, why didn't he take the initiative to do it on his own?

I would bet big bucks, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady would. If you want to be paid at that level you have to be that guy in my opinion. He isn't a rookie anymore.

I know Dak is a professional. I know he wants big money. I also know that he's 26 years old. As hard as it may be to imagine, he's obviously not played in those conditions before or, if he has, it was in college with a smaller ball. This was a coaching error, imo.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I know Dak is a professional. I know he wants big money. I also know that he's 26 years old. As hard as it may be to imagine, he's obviously not played in those conditions before or, if he has, it was in college with a smaller ball. This was a coaching error, imo.

It is definitely a coaching error, but don't you think he needs to have some accountability?

He knows he hasn't played in that weather, he didn't seem to know if he wanted to use a glove or not. You would think he would try to find out before halftime.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He keeps saying, put the ball in our hands at end of game with chance to win and I bet on us every time.

Well, he'd be out a ton of money if that is true.

Just saying. It's not a great bet at all right now.
What's he supposed to say put the ball in our hands at the end of the game with a chance to win, and I'll bet on our opponents every time?

morat1959

Reaction score
He keeps saying, put the ball in our hands at end of game with chance to win and I bet on us every time.

Well, he'd be out a ton of money if that is true.

Just saying. It's not a great bet at all right now.
He’s spewing the same koolaid as JJ does EVERY year.

morat1959

Reaction score
Why would you expect anything else from any QB?

Did you wanna hear “I didn’t want the ball...I was hoping the defense would make a play because I knew we (the offense) wouldn’t.”
No...we just want him to back up what he’s saying. It sounds like the JG and JJ broken re ord.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
if its a 3rd and goal ... DONT GIVE IT TO DAK .

im sorry, lets play smart ... AND GIVE THE BALL TO THE MOST EXPENSIVE RB IN THE NFL TODAY .