Twitter: Dak interview; fan to Dak: How's your leg?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lots of really bright people stumble when asked to speak publicly. Dak's a sharp guy.. I strongly suspect he talks in dumbed down manner on purpose. It's part of his gift of fitting in with any crowd. He's able to adapt his approach to suit the intended audience. I bet he speaks with a Cajun/Creole bent back home in Louisiana .. boardroom talk when doing business and locker room when hanging with his teammates. And even among his teammates he's got a set of slang for the white guys and a different set for the black guys. I bet he even knows the lyrics to some Hank and Willie tunes to relate with his hillbilly teammates! Well these youngsters are probably more into Garth and Dirks..

Not what I implied at all. And thank you for your service.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Just a Bachelors and 21 years in the Marines. So Dak isn't stupid is my point like you implied.

Advanced college degrees do not mean what they used to and there are an untold amount of examples of people without advanced degree (or any college) that are very intelligent.....the point is college degrees do not automatically represent ones intelligence.

Scotman

Reaction score
Lots of really bright people stumble when asked to speak publicly. Dak's a sharp guy.. I strongly suspect he talks in dumbed down manner on purpose. It's part of his gift of fitting in with any crowd. He's able to adapt his approach to suit the intended audience. I bet he speaks with a Cajun/Creole bent back home in Louisiana .. boardroom talk when doing business and locker room when hanging with his teammates. And even among his teammates he's got a set of slang for the white guys and a different set for the black guys. I bet he even knows the lyrics to some Hank and Willie tunes to relate with his hillbilly teammates! Well these youngsters are probably more into Garth and Dirks..
I agree. He walks in a lot of different worlds. He's smart enough to be a bit of a chameleon.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Advanced college degrees do not mean what they used to and there are an untold amount of examples of people without advanced degree (or any college) that are very intelligent.....the point is college degrees do not automatically represent ones intelligence.
Agree, but it's a good indicator. I've known many college graduates that couldn't find their way out of a paper bag even if you tore it open for them.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Agree, but it's a good indicator. I've known many college graduates that couldn't find their way out of a paper bag even if you tore it open for them.

Well personally speaking I have more respect for a plumber or any other blue-collared job than that of an advanced degree holder.....but that is my personal bias and the type of people I prefer to be around....albeit most suspect me of having an advanced degree.....I suppose I am a chameleon that way.....just call me Jarod...aka The Pretender.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
WOW. Ain't that some irony.

thumb_you-sir-have-just-won-the-internet-2005215.png

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well personally speaking I have more respect for a plumber or any other blue-collared job than that of an advanced degree holder.....but that is my personal bias and the type of people I prefer to be around....albeit most suspect me of having an advanced degree.....I suppose I am a chameleon that way.....just call me Jarod...aka The Pretender.
“The Pretender” is perfect for you.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
“The Pretender” is perfect for you.

The sad thing is I attempted to have a normal conversation with you and you use something I said as a way to besmirch me. That is the problem with this group: there are members that simply can't allow themselves to have an adult, cordial conversation with other members based solely on trivial disputes about a football team that has no direct impact on any of our lives.

Oh well, I genuinely tried engaging in dialogue with you but that was my mistake, which will not happen again. Enjoy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Plumber and blue collard workers may have more common sense but advanced degree holders are on the most part much more educated and intelligent .

Now whether they are attractive or interesting to you is a completely different story as you honestly mentioned. Usually we are more comfortable being surrounded with like minded people.

Fortunately there’s a place and need for both in this world . I have found an interest in all as I’m impressed with any skill I’m unable or unwilling to perform.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The sad thing is I attempted to have a normal conversation with you and you use something I said as a way to besmirch me. That is the problem with this group: there are members that simply can't allow themselves to have an adult, cordial conversation with other members based solely on trivial disputes about a football team that has no direct impact on any of our lives.

Oh well, I genuinely tried engaging in dialogue with you but that was my mistake, which will not happen again. Enjoy.
Yea, youd think by now most everyone would have learned to ignore his Dak inciting threads .

But as long as he is fed he will continue dishing it out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yeah if you consider passive aggressive behavior engaging in dialogue.