News: Dak is 25-6 against the NFC East

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well any plan a team has starts with the division, then conference...love it hate it they are achieving the first goal need to get that second goal nailed in.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Was he the ONLY player in those games who had chances to win them but failed to do so? Dak is far from perfect nor is he blameless for any losses the team suffers.. Hell I'm even fine with giving him more blame than the other players because of the position he plays. However he has played some really good games only to be let down by other aspects of the team. Whether it be the defense laying down, the line getting into a hold-fest and yes, Zeke's fumbling issues in 2020. Not that he Dak doesn't have bad games.. All players do.. but the fact of the matter is he far more likely to have a good game than a bad one. Frankly that's all we can ask for. More good games than bad.. and let the chips fall where they may.

You're taking my comment out of the context of the comment I replied to.

I was referring to the playoff games. Regardless of the suckitude of any other aspect of the team, or how well Dak's stats were, those games were winnable with one or two big time plays. Plays that were there, but not made. The QB does carry extra responsibility in those situations. It is literally why he makes the big bucks. So yea, there are many reasons why those games were lost but there are also many opportunities that were not taken advantage of. The majority of them get lost in the stats. The QB's who take the most advantage of those opportunities get the farthest in the playoffs. It's been the nature of the QB position forever. Bus driver vs playmaker.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think the point is... he may not have lost them on his own but he had chances to win them and he failed to do so. That's the difference.
the TEAM failed to do so.. 53 man roster and coaches all have part in it..win or lose.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You're taking my comment out of the context of the comment I replied to.

I was referring to the playoff games. Regardless of the suckitude of any other aspect of the team, or how well Dak's stats were, those games were winnable with one or two big time plays. Plays that were there, but not made. The QB does carry extra responsibility in those situations. It is literally why he makes the big bucks. So yea, there are many reasons why those games were lost but there are also many opportunities that were not taken advantage of. The majority of them get lost in the stats. The QB's who take the most advantage of those opportunities get the farthest in the playoffs. It's been the nature of the QB position forever. Bus driver vs playmaker.

This is a fair and reasonable assessment. In the playoff losses against the Rams and the Niners, Dak had opportunity to make plays and didn't get er done. Though in both those games the defense getting run over contributed mightily to our downfall and in both those games their defensive line destroyed out offensive line. In the game against the Packers I'm not sure there is much more that he could have done. Other than the one greedy-assed throw after we marched into the red zone that resulted in the INT he was damn near flawless in that game. But Dak needs to get back to being the guy we saw in 2016 - 2018 and away from this "I wanna be a pocket passer" guy. That shift in mentality is what proved to be Donovan McNabb's undoing because he stopped running after hearing the naysayers declare he couldn't win from the pocket.. and subsequently he proved them right. I don't want "running Dak" or "pocket passer Dak." I want "do whatever it takes to win Dak." To hell with what it looks like to the outside noisemakers.