Dak is a greater QB than Aikman?

Handing the ball off to Emmitt has very little to do with reading a defense. If he was so great why did he lose damn near every game Emmitt did not play?
The same reason any other talented QB loses with such a significant drop off in talent at RB and an offense centered around the run: the defense can worry less about the run as their standard formation is effective and it can play more coverage. This was the early 90s when the rules of the game weren't lopsided towards the offense, not the mid 2020s. But also losing Emmitt wasn't just losing a running back. It was losing a team leader, an outstanding blocker in the backfield, as well as pretty good dump off receiver out of it.
 
The same reason any other talented QB loses with such a significant drop off in talent at RB and an offense centered around the run: the defense can worry less about the run as their standard formation is effective and it can play more coverage. This was the early 90s when the rules of the game weren't lopsided towards the offense, not the mid 2020s. But also losing Emmitt wasn't just losing a running back. It was losing a team leader, an outstanding blocker in the backfield, as well as pretty good dump off receiver out of it.
Cowboys were 1-6 when Emmitt did not play. 13-14 when Troy did not play and some of those games were also without Emmitt.
 
Shew a lot of rambling. The three rings are the main reason that Troy is better than Dak But besides that fact Troy was 11-5 in the playoffs , he knew had to read defenses better, better leader, and in the biggest games he never choked.
Most of those quarterbacks you mentioned didn’t have to do much other than not screwup to get a ring. In big games Dak falls apart. That’s all I can tell you.
NOT !!
 
I don't know if by that point in the 90's the final super bowl, that the Cowboys were the most talented team still in the NFL. Heck, I know Larry Brown was the Super Bowl XXX MVP, but our secondary had some speed issues I could see in the Greenbay game right before it. If we had played the 49ers instead of Greenbay, the 49ers already had our number at that point and we might of lost that game, The 1996 Cowboys weren't nearly as talented as the three teams before them.
So who was the best team in 1996? Who was better than the Cowboys?
 
Some of the Speakeasy crew said Dak was better than Aikman and Romo. Romo can be contested but to say Dak is better than a HOF, and one of the most accurate playoff QB in NFL history, is absurd.

Aikman was a far better college QB and pro QB than Dak. No disrespect to Dak, but "I know Troy and you sir (Dak) are no Troy Aikman.
Dak has a better career completion percentage than both Marino and Elway, while Aikman beats both of them, but “loses” to Dak. I guess he’s better than them as well.
 
Cowboys were 1-6 when Emmitt did not play. 13-14 when Troy did not play and some of those games were also without Emmitt.
Troy, as a starter, was 0-3 the only times Emmitt did not play. Even when Emmitt returned the next week off the 0-2 start, Derrick Lassic started and doubled Emmitt in terms of carries and had both of their rushing TDs in a 17-10 win.
 
Last edited:
Okay folks. Who is the funny guy? Who hacked into blue blood's account here and is trying to be cute with a one-word answer in our friend blue blood's name? Fess up.
Well if you really followed my post you'd see there's many and I mean many with just a single emoticon or a couple emoticons That's also short..
 
You laugh, but one was a SB winner and the other just racked up big stats until the moment of truth.
So Troy did it by himself? I’m not going to take anything away from Troy because he was great. But to completely dismiss the talent on his teams is disingenuous. As well as trying to use it against him.
 
So Troy did it by himself? I’m not going to take anything away from Troy because he was great. But to completely dismiss the talent on his teams is disingenuous. As well as trying to use it against him.
Of course he did all them 180 yard maybe two 100 yard games and one touchdown I mean that was his contribution weekly and everyone said hey but he doesn't need to do anymore He's playing within the framework of the offense the offense works through the Emmett Smith and the offensive line in the defense don't make mistakes blah blah blah blah but he blah..

People think he would survive this place and social media with those under 200 yard games and he barely would throw for one touchdown most games there were years where he'd have like 19 touchdowns and 13 interceptions I mean yeah he had bigger years I just want to know where we were seeing him carry the team ever at any point especially in the playoffs where did he play by himself when did he show up in Emmett Smith in the offensive line weren't playing fantastic or the defense wasn't keeping scores down..

Some people think that we haven't watched the games I remember the one Super Bowl and I can't remember if it was number one or #2 I believe it was the second Super Bowl against Buffalo the Cowboys I believe were down 10 points you know why they were down 10 points because Troy Aikman couldn't hit the broadside of a barn in the first half he had an interception and in the second half they ran the ball down their throat and I believe on the first possession against our defense our defense got to pick 6 or something like that and they got it right back in the game and that is why we won the Super Bowl that year not only because Wonder Boy Mr Wonderbread did it all by himself..

Look I love me some Troy and Roger and all this but I'm tired of hearing about how they're different I watch games where they didn't play right I watched Matthew Stafford lead the league in interceptions throw two interceptions in the Super Bowl and it gets overlooked it's insane how people think that Matthew Stafford is elite no he is Tony Romo they even have the same number he just ended up on a super team that is it that's the only difference.
 
Yes I did and I stick by my reply. Dan didn’t do enough to win it all.
If talking about Danny White dude was overrated nowhere near as good as Roma or Prescott as a matter of fact we can blame Danny White for not getting to the Super Bowl everyone wants to applaud him for being in so many NFC championship games when they really look at the games he has an upside down It's interception the touchdown ratio right I had to reverse it it was hard to even say that he had more interceptions in the playoffs than he had touchdowns.

He was a liability this dude was Carson Wentz Danny White was Carson Wentz of today that is who he is he was on a super team and couldn't get it done You put Romo on one of those you put Dak on one of those teams and they probably do win one of those championship games that he lost I guarantee it..

Danny was thing from clutch or good quarterback matter of fact you might as well call him Danny Dimes I said Carson Wentz maybe I meant Daniel Jones danny Dimes baby Mr White I don't even understand where people think he was even good he is down on the list yeah put him in the top 10 all time cowboys quarterbacks..

I don't even think he was as good as Burlien See that's the difference you're on a super team and you can't breakthrough and somehow you still applauded for being good no he was not he made more mistakes in big moments than any of these dudes you're disrespecting..
 
So who was the best team in 1996? Who was better than the Cowboys?
It could very much depend on who played who. The Packers had the 49er's number and the 49er's had the Cowboys number for around that time to a few years on. If the 49er's met the Cowboys in the NFCG that year, it is very possible that they would've won because of that, especially considering the Head Coach was Switzer instead of Jimmy. That's not just me who thought that way, John Madden at one time maybe a couple of years later made the comment that it looked like the 49ers had the Cowboys number and the Packers had the 49er's number. I'm not here to besmirch my team, just saying that at that time it was a less talented roster, and the triplets were key in that season, since by that time a lot of the talent had already been raided by other teams. I mean who was our #2 wide receiver that year? Would people bemoan that Dak had to play with that #2 today? Did Denver have a better offensive line than we did that season?
 
It could very much depend on who played who. The Packers had the 49er's number and the 49er's had the Cowboys number for around that time to a few years on. If the 49er's met the Cowboys in the NFCG that year, it is very possible that they would've won because of that, especially considering the Head Coach was Switzer instead of Jimmy. That's not just me who thought that way, John Madden at one time maybe a couple of years later made the comment that it looked like the 49ers had the Cowboys number and the Packers had the 49er's number. I'm not here to besmirch my team, just saying that at that time it was a less talented roster, and the triplets were key in that season, since by that time a lot of the talent had already been raided by other teams. I mean who was our #2 wide receiver that year? Would people bemoan that Dak had to play with that #2 today? Did Denver have a better offensive line than we did that season?
Having a teams number doesn’t mean you’re better. Cardinals got Cowboys number are they better?
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,013
Messages
14,657,117
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top