Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh. Tag him and bring in competition. He’s pissed me off these past 3 weeks. I’ve tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he’s been straight ***. A lot of changes MUST be made this offseason. Dak ain’t it.

I was going to give him this year to decide, but after these last 3 games, I am saying do not sign him as well.
Let a new coach decide what to do, let him go in FA, tag him, draft a QB. But do not give him a long term deal.

khiladi

Reaction score
DREAM ON. All pro in run blocking only (not this year). Pass blocking has never been All pro since Dak's rookie year.

Ywah, that’s why Football Outsiders has them ranked number 1 in pas blocking and they were basically number 1 in least sacks allowed pretty much this whole year. They are actually better at pass blocking then run blocking, which they are also top 3.

you know who plays with a trash line though, Watson.

But continue on with yet homerism. The facf you compare thus dude to Aikman is hilarious.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Ywah, that’s why Football Outsiders has them ranked number 1 in pas blocking and they were basically number 1 in least sacks allowed pretty much this whole year. They are actually better at pass blocking then run blocking, which they are also top 3.

But continue on with yet homerism. The facf you compare thus dude to Aikman is hilarious.
The man-crush is real.

HungryLion

Reaction score
What does that have to do with the topic?

Its laughable that you are sitting here acting like you havent been a dak-defending homer

If having the opinion that Dak is a top 10
QB makes me a homer. Then I’m a homer.

If having the opinion that it’s risky to try and replace him due to the realities of QB play in the league, makes me a homer. Then I’m a homer.

I also never said I don’t defend Dak. Obviously I do. Defending him isnt “spin” though. And you accused me of “spin”

I just said to you directly last week that I am cool with them franchising Dak and letting the next coach decide his fate. That’s not over the top homerism is it? I mean honestly.

I mean maybe I have been wrong about him this whole time. That makes me wrong. But I view the term “spin” being purposefully dishonest. Which I am not.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Aikman could hit a moving target.
To say a HOF QB wouldn't be any better is profoundly biased and silly.

Aikman was crap behind a less than stellar OL to protect him and without a HOF wr in Irvin & TE Novacek. He had Norv Turner calling great plays for run/pass, Dak has inexperienced Kellen Moore. And oh ya, an elite defense that got him the ball back with great field position.

catiii

Reaction score
Aikman was crap behind a less than stellar OL to protect him and without a HOF wr in Irvin & TE Novacek. He had Norv Turner calling great plays for run/pass, Dak has inexperienced Kellen Moore. And oh ya, an elite defense that got him the ball back with great field position.
Your argument holds no water. None. Zero. Aikman has nothing to do with how bad Dak really is on basic skills. It's a strawman.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak threw for 334 yards 1 TD 0 INT.

Our main problem is clearly a terrible defense that gets abused by the 28th ranked offense.
I won't dispute how absolutely trash our defense is (almost as trash as my TV is now - man, they can't take a hit anymore) but Dak should have thrown for 334 yards and 1 TD in the first half, but he kept throwing behind his receivers.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know what’s funny?

“Mr. Clutch” hasn’t won a game this year when the Cowboys are down at half-time. Mr. ”4th Quarter” is getting exposed when Zeke isn’t wearing defenses down completely by the fourth and Game Manager has only 1 point to overcome in the fourth and just has to manage the game into FG range.

khiladi

Reaction score
If having the opinion that Dak is a top 10
QB makes me a homer. Then I’m a homer.

If having the opinion that it’s risky to try and replace him due to the realities of QB play in the league, makes me a homer. Then I’m a homer.

I also never said I don’t defend Dak. Obviously I do. Defending him isnt “spin” though. And you accused me of “spin”

I just said to you directly last week that I am cool with them franchising Dak and letting the next coach decide his fate. That’s not over the top homerism is it? I mean honestly.

I mean maybe I have been wrong about him this whole time. That makes me wrong. But I view the term “spin” being purposefully dishonest. Which I am not.

To be fair, there were games where you are completely done with Dak, such as the Commanders fumble game last year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Pass blocking vs good defenses this year has been awful.

HungryLion

Reaction score
You know what’s funny?

“Mr. Clutch” hasn’t won a game this year when the Cowboys are down at half-time. Mr. ”4th Quarter” is getting exposed when Zeke isn’t wearing defenses down completely by the fourth and Game Manager has only 1 point to overcome in the fourth and just has to manage the game into FG range.

that’s probably been the biggest disappointment for me with him this season.

To be honest.

Having a run first offense that wears down a defense. Absolutely helps when the 4th quarter comes.

I do think Dak was really good at taking what was available and just executing the plays as designed in past years when the game was on the line.

that hasn’t happened this year.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Your argument holds no water. None. Zero. Aikman has nothing to do with how bad Dak really is on basic skills. It's a strawman.

Your ignorant and have a closed mind. Does that hold water Gandhi?

khiladi

Reaction score
Pass blocking vs good defenses this year has been awful.

Your just making stories up. Last year he pretty much was leading the league in time to throw. Yet, here you are saying his pass blocking sucked every year he’s been here, except once.

Is that why the Patriots sacked Dak once? The Patriots hardly got to Dak and they played man all game long, The only game Dak saw even some pressure was the Bills game and he SUCKED. And it still wasn’t anything any average QB deals with on a weekly basis. So when Dak faces even average pressure he BLOWS.

You are so delusional about Dak, it’s comical.

HungryLion

Reaction score
To be fair, there were games where you are completely done with Dak, such as the Commanders fumble game last year.

Honestly I couldn’t take Dak much longer when he had his long slump at the end of 2017 and into 2018.

perhaps I put too much stock into his play the second half of last season and first half of this season?

perhaps Dak is always going to be streaky? And have stretches of really good play and stretches of bad play? I hope that isn’t the case but it could be.

khiladi

Reaction score
Honestly I couldn’t take Dak much longer when he had his long slump at the end of 2017 and into 2018.

perhaps I put too much stock into his play the second half of last season and first half of this season?

perhaps Dak is always going to be streaky? And have stretches of really good play and stretches of bad play? I hope that isn’t the case but it could be.

If you look at his draft profile, that is pretty much it. He wasn’t known as somebody that could throw accurately at times and deep for that matter. He’s described as a streaky player, which actually causes confusion. I never said Dak couldn’t throw deep, I basically said he throws well when he’s decisive.

The problem is, when he starts feeling pressure, it’s one thing after another. Then his anticipation starts to go bad and he throws high and behind. His reads get awful.

The deep routes actually helps Dak, in that it accords with his perception. But this requires really good pass blocking for significant stretches.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i still think he is but he sure as heck ain't playin' like it right now.
none of'm are.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Your just making stories up. Last year he pretty much was leading the league in time to throw. Yet, here you are saying his pass blocking sucked every year he’s been here, except once.

Because he used his feet to get out of the pocket when protection failed. He was sacked 56 times last year. I made nothing up.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
At this point you should just franchise him. See how he looks under a new regime next year. The big question is what do we do if TUA is there when we pick?