Dak Is/Isn’t A Franchise QB Thread

TroyEmmittAndMichael

Reaction score
I've gone back and forth, but at this point I think there is enough evidence to say we can't win a SB with him.

One feeling that doesn't seem to go away is when we go down multiple scores against a good team, I don't have confidence that Dak can bring the team back and win. I expect franchise QBs to have or build a reputation like that, and that isn't Dak unfortunately.

I want my standard to be high because I think winning the SB is a tough gauntlet that requires luck and high confidence/game intelligence/skill/leadership abilities.

QBs who have the right balance of these attributes are Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Brees. When we play against these QBs, I always fear that multiple scores is not enough.

I root for Dak and want him to succeed. I'd like to have the benefit of more evidence, but making tough decisions is about being definitive with imperfect/insufficient information.

I think Dak can maximize his abilities, but they aren't enough to bring us a SB. I believe you can't win a SB with an above average QB, but understand teams have, and those teams I would say are the exception.

Franchise tagging him doesn't work. 1) He could hold out. 2) How would that look to the locker room? Why would teammates want to put their confidence in Dak when management isn't convinced either.

If I was GM, I would try to trade Dak and let the new coach look for his successor. Hate to rebuild, but the salary cap rewards quick player assessment, being decisive, and embracing change in all positions, but especially key positions, until you get it right.

Nav22

Reaction score
By ESPN's ratings ALONE, 50 IS average.

https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo...-calculated-we-explain-our-quarterback-rating

"An average quarterback will have a QBR around 50"

I'm calling you out for now pretending you know what is a good and bad rating, when a week ago, you didn't know....you don't even know the formula ESPN uses.

The rest of your babble about Dak isn't relevant to our discussion. You're boring. NEXT!
You’re useless.

If 50 is average, then 59 is a little above average.

YOU’RE the know-nothing who thought a 59 QBR was somehow impressive.

Oh, Dak’s 3rd in the NFL in QBR for the season.

Still ruining your fan experience. Dak OWNS you and he doesn’t even know you. You’re his 3-legged puppy.

Nav22

Reaction score
That should be good enough for the Participation Award
You’re not too bright, are you?

A 50 QBR vs ALL teams is average.

Still with me?

That means that a 50 QBR vs JUST WINNING TEAMS is above average.

So a 56.6 QBR vs JUST WINNING TEAMS is well above average.

In fact, a 56.6 QBR vs ALL TEAMS would rank 14th in the NFL.

Educate yourself so that you don’t embarrass yourself like this in the future.