Dak is like a needy son-in-law

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You don’t say it but you imply by your narrow definition like people can’t see different things. Nobody expects perfection just fairness and some can’t do that. Dak doesn’t really make people better and you can’t be a top tier player imo if you don’t make lesser players better. Regardless of sport and even off the field of play those great ones make it easier for those that aren’t as talented most times in some way. I’m sure there is some outliers to what I’m saying like most things but the outlier isn’t the norm. When Dak can do that he’ll be more than average until then average he will be.

Spare me your silly number 1 FA bs. People are ranked the number 1 prospect all the time and turn out to be bust so use something that actually means something not that malarkey you’re peddling.

Your bust example actually refers to players drafted and thought to be good but turn out to be busts once they get to the NFL. AFTER being drafted and playing in the league for 4 years those that do the ranking and rank the #1 free agent but could be a bust isn't remotely the same. After 4 years if they were a bust would show up and wouldn't be ranked as the #1 free agent. And your a real QB idea that he has to make lesser players better is a cock and just an excuse to down grade a QB. Example Brady as good as he's been through out his career in 2018 he wins the Super Bowl, in 2019 after losing his starting WR, TE and 2 linemen they didn't win it and Brady didn't make his lesser talented replacements better. Now the truth of it is football is a TEAM sport and normally the teams with the most talent get the furthest. Now there are a couple of things that play on that. Coaching is a big one. A coach could not get a talented team there and a coach could get a less talented team there. Another thing is something that coaches and players have zero to do with and that is calls by refs that change the outcomes of games. Lastly injuries to key players and the affect that has on outcomes. Now you can think Prescott is average but unfortunately for you people who's opinions are read and believed by moire people than your opinion say differently.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Here's how foolish you are. Why do coaches look though so much film of the teams they are going to play if watching film is useless? Second is McCarthy the type of coach that's going to be a hypocrite by publicly saying he thinks Prescott is the franchise future QB and only being lip service to Jones? McCarthy made the public statements AFTER he was already hired. Now then who going into free agency this year was the NUMBER ONE ranked free agent - Prescott. Now average or below average players aren't the ones that get ranked NUMBER ONE. The only ones that don'y think the Cowboys got a steal on Prescott are Prescott haters.

I read foolish and haters and i dont want to talk to you anymore.

I know the intellectual depth you have and i dont have the time to spent it with kinds of you.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Your bust example actually refers to players drafted and thought to be good but turn out to be busts once they get to the NFL. AFTER being drafted and playing in the league for 4 years those that do the ranking and rank the #1 free agent but could be a bust isn't remotely the same. After 4 years if they were a bust would show up and wouldn't be ranked as the #1 free agent. And your a real QB idea that he has to make lesser players better is a cock and just an excuse to down grade a QB. Example Brady as good as he's been through out his career in 2018 he wins the Super Bowl, in 2019 after losing his starting WR, TE and 2 linemen they didn't win it and Brady didn't make his lesser talented replacements better. Now the truth of it is football is a TEAM sport and normally the teams with the most talent get the furthest. Now there are a couple of things that play on that. Coaching is a big one. A coach could not get a talented team there and a coach could get a less talented team there. Another thing is something that coaches and players have zero to do with and that is calls by refs that change the outcomes of games. Lastly injuries to key players and the affect that has on outcomes. Now you can think Prescott is average but unfortunately for you people who's opinions are read and believed by moire people than your opinion say differently.
You’re not football smart just another Dak groupie. You’re silly example is to use one year of Brady as the norm when besides th years with Moss he’s had some very average WRs. Lay off the drugs defending Dak with this junk you’re on. My point about QBs or any top player making it easier is the truth period. Sorry your football boo doesn’t apply in that category but that’s the truth. You can’t be a top level player unless you make it easier for others sorry.

It’s just as many people that think Dak is average that are on tv that agree with me sir so stop the bs. I don’t know what sites we can and can’t post but a simple google search will kill all that junk about me being a lone wolf on mr average Dak.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You’re not football smart just another Dak groupie. You’re silly example is to use one year of Brady as the norm when besides th years with Moss he’s had some very average WRs. Lay off the drugs defending Dak with this junk you’re on. My point about QBs or any top player making it easier is the truth period. Sorry your football boo doesn’t apply in that category but that’s the truth. You can’t be a top level player unless you make it easier for others sorry.

It’s just as many people that think Dak is average that are on tv that agree with me sir so stop the bs. I don’t know what sites we can and can’t post but a simple google search will kill all that junk about me being a lone wolf on mr average Dak.

Here's a HUGE reason why what you say is pretty much worthless. I don't think Prescott is a great QB. I only think is not as bad as some here want to paint him and again I don't think he's the best QB but he is above just average. So your big label of being a groupie holds about as much water as a strainer. It's also funny, not ha ha funny, that the lists that had Prescott listed as the #1 free agent, that BTW just average players aren't ranked as the #1 free agent, those rankings are used by most of the talking heads on TV. So who am I going to believe, the people that actually get paid for their opinions or someone that makes his opinions while on his couch? I think you know it's not yours. When you can get the talking heads to quote your opinions then I'll give them more credit.

catiii

Reaction score
"Dak sucks and will never get us to the promised land " would've been more concise.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wish my daughter would have married Dak. I'd be sittin at home watchin Oprah and drinkin imported beer right now...
I would hope when the world gets back to normal you could find better options than watching Oprah. lol

Frozen700

Reaction score
Piss poor analogy......

Let's be fair.

If he used an analogy of comparing Dak to God. All the people saying this thread is crap would be cheering and jumping up and down.

The same way you all cheered every year no matter how the team did.

#DontpayDak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let's be fair.

If he used an analogy of comparing Dak to God. All the people saying this thread is crap would be cheering and jumping up and down.

#DontpayDak
I don't know what I would've done I just know this thread and analogy sucked. A thread using a analogy to God would suck too.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Let's be fair.

#DontpayDak
Yep but the liars will post that’s not true when their history says that’s exactly what would happen.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Here is my analogy of the debate about Dak as our QB..

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

So you spend like crazy to put players around Dak and pay DAK to succeed.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

We did this once already with Romo. Jerrah is doing it again with Dak.

I am not a Dak hater. I am a Cowboy Lover.

I wish there was a better scenario but there is not.

So we as fans sit..and wait.

And worry and spit nails and debate.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

You older guys know EXACTLY what I am saying.
Dak has a MBA, made $4M over the last 4 years, been selected a Pro Bowler 3 times, and will make $31M franchise tag. I would jump up and down if my daughter was marring him. But my Daughters who are college graduates, one in a Doctorate program (pharma science), may not be able to use his mother's comb, and have been raised them to be Queens and not princesses. So, I not worried about Dak being my son in law are interested in my beautiful smart daughters. His typical jock choice in women are well documented.

Dak in four years has played in more playoff games, had more winning/non losing seasons than any Cowboys QB in there 1st 4 years (most did not play in their 1st four years). So I just need him to be the Cowboys QB. My Daughters will do just find without him.