Dak is like a needy son-in-law

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Here is my analogy of the debate about Dak as our QB..

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

So you spend like crazy to put players around Dak and pay DAK to succeed.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

We did this once already with Romo. Jerrah is doing it again with Dak.

I am not a Dak hater. I am a Cowboy Lover.

I wish there was a better scenario but there is not.

So we as fans sit..and wait.

And worry and spit nails and debate.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

You older guys know EXACTLY what I am saying.

Qcard

Reaction score

It's sort of like you have a daughter. She is getting married. The guy does not make alot of money. You try to tell your daughter this and that she will probably struggle her whole marriage.

But she insists and she marries him. You end up helping raise the kids because they are always broke and you have to keep propping up their family with money under the table.

After time goes by, there will be a divorce and the daughter and kids move in with you and you have to be dad and father and provider constantly. You do it becuz you love your family but what you really want is to have the daughter find another guy who can get the job done and not need constant help.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Dak is the needy son in law, he wants to succeed but he needs a ton of help. You as the owner GM like your son in law and want his daughter to be protected and taken care of.

But it is a constant and ongoing process and things just do not get to a closure of a title for the team.

Sound familiar?

Comments certainly invited..not trying to rile you guys up. Only get things in context using easily understood scenarios. The younger fans will have no clue what the hey I am saying.

So change in scenario:

1. Now what if your Daughter was Overrated and/or

2. Your Daughter's high school sweet heart made enough money but couldn't have kids

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So change in scenario:

1. Now what if your Daughter was Overrated and/or

2. Your Daughter's high school sweet heart made enough money but couldn't have kids

Good points. And maybe innocent old daddy is a meddler who puts a strain on his daughter's relationship. So when it fails, of course badmouth the son-in-law to the rest of the family. Lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Good points. And maybe innocent old daddy is a meddler who puts a strain on his daughter's relationship. So when it fails, of course badmouth the son-in-law to the rest of the family. Lol.
Oh my..

I think I have hit a nerve with this post.

You guys are hysterical.

Proceed.

Let me invite Dr. Freud into the thread..

"Oh Dr..do you have a minute? I think I have some case studies for your next book.."

Qcard

Reaction score
Oh my..

I think I have hit a nerve with this post.

You guys are hysterical.

Proceed.

Let me invite Dr. Freud into the thread..

"Oh Dr..do you have a minute? I think I have some case studies for your next book.."
That is the problem with being too connect to a player....I guess?
I seen your post style...IMHO you just making an analogy with no malice. But, as you can see some of us with Daddy girl pasts are a little cross....:angry::lmao2:

GenoT

Reaction score
“Dak is like a needy son-in-law”

Oh, the irony contained in this thread’s title.

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

:rolleyes:
Being 67 myself, I now know why Millennials needed to coin the phrase, “Okay, Boomer.”
;)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
That is the problem with being too connect to a player....I guess?
I seen your post style...IMHO you just making an analogy with no malice. But, as you can see some of us with Daddy girl pasts are a little cross....:angry::lmao2:
I know.

Gotcha.

I am nothing if not round aboutly DIRECT.

It's a habit.

Proceed.

:thumbup:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
“Dak is like a needy son-in-law”

Oh, the irony contained in this thread’s title.

:rolleyes:
Being 67 myself, I now know why Millennials needed to coin the phrase, “Okay, Boomer.”
;)
Guilty as charged.

Guess I am revealing too much of myself here.

I could write a book instead I guess.

:p

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yep. Looks like a boomer took a handful of painkillers and vented about their own experiences, and added Dak to it to make it relevant enough for this forum.
Touchy today, huh?

Do you do this whenever somebody does not agree with you?

We are just discussing.

Why is it when somebody does not agree here, it seems people have to resort to some kind of attack to make themselves known.?

Weird.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Now..what am I saying?

Ok..

Sound familiar?

Redball you’re a passionate fan but it’s become evident from your last few threads that this cabin fever we’re all going through has gotten to you a little more than the rest of us.