Dak is like Romo

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When you are supposed to be an elite qb,more times then not,you win in those situations,I know nobody is perfect but I'm damn well sure,Brady, Rogers, Mahomes gets us a win in that same situation yesterday..here's a question for you,since dak became the starting qb,what's our record when we go into halftime losing? Meaning,how many times have we pulled out the win.

You go look up our halftime record when losing. Our total record would be crap without him. Not wasting anymore time with you.

bigE79

Reaction score
You go look up our halftime record when losing. Our total record would be crap without him. Not wasting anymore time with you.
I help...1-24...elite...and your wrong,I'm the one who has wasted my time with you and your hero worship.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
They are very different QBs. Dak does not have the big play ability that Tony had. Tony's problem was that he would have amazing plays but also axing blunders interceptions etc that lost games. Dak doesn't have that, but he also can't throw it up like Tony. At least Tony was entertaining to watch.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
The 2 QBs are extremely different. Romo was a self professed gunslinger and has said more than once he modeled everything he did after his idol Brett Favre. Dak is more conservative in his passing approach, choosing to go for more high percentage chance passes than let it rip. Dak is considered that vocal leader, Romo led more be example. Personally I preferred the gunslinger style to conservative, but I know not everybody does. Dak has always been considered a true dual threat, where Romo was an improviser. Where they are alike is they were/are maddingly inconsistent in clutch games. Maybe asked to do too much, maybe coaching, everyone has their own opinion. Heavy is the head that wears the crown. As for who I'd trust? Romo in season play, at this point neither in the playoffs. Only one has a chance to change that perspective

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
So Cooper being out doesnt count because its covid? :lmao2::lmao2:

Thats hilarious. When your top two receivers are out, that is devastating. Imagine Mahomes without Kelsy and Hill?

Injuries count. Lawrence, Gallimore, Urban, Gregory would have destroyed Carr last night. We could barely touch the guy.

Cooper is out because of his own stupidity, not just COVID. Should've gotten vaccinated instead of being selfish and stupid. I'll chalk being out to his own stupidity versus an injury. I remember when players used to play with a shoe full of puss, but Coop couldn't take a jab for his team mates. And I am a big Coop fan.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Romo had some pretty amazing teams with him, including some more complete defenses than Dak. Also Romo got to learn under Parcells entering the league, while they both spent time under Garrett. But let's not pretend Romo hasn't given away games. Here's 5 for you.. I think it's natural to compare past and present QBs. I will say Romo had more of a gunslinger mentality, while Dak protects the ball more. Sometimes those check downs are the right calls.

As much as I still like Romo, I wonder what Parcells could do with Dak. Dak abides mostly by the QB Commandments. I think Parcells would enjoy coaching Dak. Is there a Parcells disciple that we can get on this team?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Cooper is out because of his own stupidity, not just COVID. Should've gotten vaccinated instead of being selfish and stupid. I'll chalk being out to his own stupidity versus an injury. I remember when players used to play with a shoe full of puss, but Coop couldn't take a jab for his team mates. And I am a big Coop fan.

Who cares why he is out? He's out. Not playing. Hurts the team.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Who cares why he is out? He's out. Not playing. Hurts the team.

You original point was that you are not quite there with me about the Culture being the problem and that you have faith in Big Mike. I'm just pointing out that Coop missing games for his own selfishness is just more Cowboys High Jinks that has become all to familiar to some of us. I'm not quite sold yet that Big Mike has changed the culture here. I said the problem is the Culture not the Talent. Injuries every NFL team has to deal with and we've seen many deal better with them than the boys because they have had more heart, something a team does not develop with the wrong culture.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You original point was that you are not quite there with me about the Culture being the problem and that you have faith in Big Mike. I'm just pointing out that Coop missing games for his own selfishness is just more Cowboys High Jinks that has become all to familiar to some of us. I'm not quite sold yet that Big Mike has changed the culture here. I said the problem is the Culture not the Talent. Injuries every NFL team has to deal with and we've seen many deal better with them than the boys because they have had more heart, something a team does not develop with the wrong culture.

No that wasnt my point at all. You must be talking about someone else.

My point is simple. Lots of guys out that are major starters for this team. This isnt the team that went 6-1.

FYI............just a little advice. You are not allowed to talk about what you keep talking about. I really dont care, but they will suspend you for that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Or would those rosters suddenly be called 'trash" or be downplayed if Romo failed to get to or win the Super Bowl with them?
Well, since they weren't. called trash in 2014 (and thats what I was comparing them to) I’m going to clearly say “no”

Cebrin

Reaction score
Puts up some good numbers, will sucker you in, makes it interesting. But, at the end of the day he isn’t that guy. Unfortunately there’s only a couple of those guys. We’re not winning anything big here.
Good username.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Dak completed 68% of his passes for 375 yards, 2 TDs, zero turnovers, and did it with no running game while missing our 2 best WRs.

Meanwhile, the defense gave up 500 yards and 36 points...BUT THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME! :muttley:

Romo once got blamed for losing 51-48 in a game where he threw 6 TD passes, so nothing surprises me anymore with this fan base. You just don't understand football.
That game still makes me sick.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
but the guys like dak, he's a leader.

squeallikea-pig.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:lmao2::laugh::lmao2::laugh::lmao2:

The Romosexuals have come out of their caves and finally exposed themselves. Bunch of pathetic Romo-loving/Dak-hating crybabies.

DON'T COMPARE DAK TO MY ROMO!!!!

:lmao::laugh::lmao::laugh::lmao:

Slick

Reaction score
If the goal of standard for Dak is getting the team to a Super Bowl, then I'm going to point out that Romo didn't get the team to the Super Bowl during this career. And will mention the times were Romo has had bad games or has made costly mistakes or throws in key moments or in important games.

And I supported Romo, but if Dak's mistakes and bad games are pointed out or focused on every time he has a bad game, then it's only fair for Romo's to be mentioned as well. Especially if some choose to have revisionist history and pretend like the team never had a string of losses close together while Romo was the QB or when they want to insist that Romo always made the perfect throws or never missed throws.
They are equivalent.....moments of excellence, followed by the opposite next game or later.

There have been many drops, but there have been many bad throws. He's not a rookie anymore.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Puts up some good numbers, will sucker you in, makes it interesting. But, at the end of the day he isn’t that guy. Unfortunately there’s only a couple of those guys. We’re not winning anything big here.
He's not that guy until he is. I think there is still a chance he will win us a Super Bowl someday.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the "wrestle for dak's affection wrestling tournament" the list is dropping but we still have a couple of good candidates. The winner will be up against AC. the self-proclaimed dak lover, romo hater.

get in or miss out.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Dak completed 68% of his passes for 375 yards, 2 TDs, zero turnovers, and did it with no running game while missing our 2 best WRs.

Meanwhile, the defense gave up 500 yards and 36 points...BUT THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME! :muttley:

Romo once got blamed for losing 51-48 in a game where he threw 6 TD passes, so nothing surprises me anymore with this fan base. You just don't understand football.

I don’t understand how you can actually watch the player play the whole game-play like crap and put up 200 yards in 1 qtr and somehow make it like he had a great game. He flat out choked in OT and had plenty of time to get a TD at the end of the game to win. Yards mean nothing if you cannot put a whole game together!

starfan1

Reaction score
Romo sucked hiney! Dak is starting to. Neither have the clutch gene . I’d take Dak over Romo any day and twice on Sunday

We’re 7-4 and going into the most important part of our schedule with a 2,5 game lead in division that’s all that matters

If defense plays like they did Thursday moving forward it’s a rap anyhow

I truly don’t know how you miss that throw to brown in OT though I think even Romo hits that throw