Dak is not better than Foles

408Cowboy

Reaction score
actually 3rd (1st starting) year pro bowl - playoffs, 4th and 6th. what does it matter anyway. How do these somehow turn into Romo vs Dak???????
I have no clue how they turn into it. I just find it funny when people act like Romo didn't sit a few years and work on improving himself. Could you imagine if he started as a rookie? I doubt he gets treated the way he does now. Probably would've been worse than Dak at the time.

Number1

Reaction score
Why shouldn't I as we have one of the most inept and boring passing games in the NFL.Our long ball is non-existent and our QB has more flaws than a lemon used car?
Foles would be a MAJOR improvement and open up the defense for Zeke to produce more yards.
Anyway come Sept be ready for the same old same old and find a new scapegoat on why our Offense is bottom 10.....Poor Kellen the new Scott Linehan in the house baby!

a few things I mentioned earlier in this thread, the Giggles were idiots not give Foles the spot 6 years ago, drafting Wentz even worse

as much talent as he has - he ain't tough enough - look, in 3 years Dak has thrown more TDs in the NFL's most run heavy O, than Nick has in 8 years

Dak took more sacks in the 2nd half of 2018 than Foles ever has in a season.
Yeah, Dak wandered into sacks, but he was still standing and went 7-1 ... 71%, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 3 RTDs
and Dak's last highlight was running over a DT to score and putting the Rams game in reach

Nick would not have held up - he has never played a full season - averaging just 7 games a season, and he's 30,
how many of the 64 games on his new deal will he actually play?

funny thing you mentioned "Our long ball is non-existent", notice no one questioned Dak's deep game when he had Dez and TWill and Butler

Like very one else I'd have done it all different ... out of frustration with the FO a lot of people lash out at QBs and OCs and HCs - a rather common lack of objectivity

BTW, none of us have clue what Kellen brings to the table - but I'll lay odds we'll see more man blocking and play action deep.

2019 will come down to who's playing X, Y, and Z (which ain't settled) and if Colombo makes good decisions.

kskboys

Reaction score
a few things I mentioned earlier in this thread, the Giggles were idiots not give Foles the spot 6 years ago, drafting Wentz even worse

as much talent as he has - he ain't tough enough - look, in 3 years Dak has thrown more TDs in the NFL's most run heavy O, than Nick has in 8 years

Yeah, Dak wandered into sacks, but he was still standing and went 7-1 ... 71%, 12 TDs, 3 INTs, 3 RTDs
and Dak's last highlight was running over a DT to score and putting the Rams game in reach

Nick would not have held up - he has never played a full season - averaging just 7 games a season, and he's 30,

funny thing you mentioned "Our long ball is non-existent", notice no one questioned Dak's deep game when he had Dez and TWill and Butler

Like very one else I'd have done it all different ... out of frustration with the FO a lot of people lash out at QBs and OCs and HCs - a rather common lack of objectivity

BTW, none of us have clue what Kellen brings to the table - but I'll lay odds we'll see more man blocking and play action deep.

2019 will come down to who's playing X, Y, and Z (which ain't settled) and if Colombo makes good decisions.
After his 27/2 performance, Foles was terrible for the Eagles. Wentz is a top 10 QB if he can stay on the field.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You can X,Y,Z, till the moon is blue in the end all coaches schemes require a player to have TALENT to process and implement them......you get the idea bud.....Dak is a DUD throwing QB.....

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have neuropathy from the military. I need to use speak and text. Blame Google. LOL I'm not the one living in Mama's basement
Speak clearly.
Undo and erase are key words.
And could you military guys WIN ONE WAR!!!
WE HAVE NOT WON A WAR SINCE WWII!!!!!!!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Foles is a career backup who luckboxed his way into playing in the Super Bowl with one of the greatest offensive minds in football. Good for him, but he is Case Keenum 2.0

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can't wait until Dak gets his contract. There will be so many tears that day. It's going to be fun to watch.
I think the real tears will come when he gets signed to big money and Dallas has to let players walk and then this team will really go down the toilet. And I will be on this forum saying I told you!

Number1

Reaction score
After his 27/2 performance, Foles was terrible for the Eagles. Wentz is a top 10 QB if he can stay on the field.

"After his 27/2 performance, Foles was terrible for the Eagles." so was his OL - that's my whole point - toughness matters and stupid FOs can screw off the best of talent

but I can't give Wentz top 10 - he's prone to panic and makes idiot plays
Dak will wander into a sack or completely miss an easy TD here and there .. and tick us off
but he don't go brain dead and no one plays harder or better in the clutch
in terms of mental and physical toughness, Dak has flat out worked those guys ... I'm just saying "this is football"

Wentz and Foles pieced up a decent 2017 season and out lasted Brady - I respect that - but I really doubt either can do it alone, with any team

do you really think Wentz or Lynch or Gooff or Foles or could have won behind this OL and with 5 new WRs ?... and dealt with Jerry world ... smoothly ?

NO - none of them could - toughness matters

young talented QBs some times get drafted by teams that throw the ball a lot - if the OL holds up ... big numbers ... there ya go new wonder boy - sure ;)
a few years later ... he hits 4 weeks' of straight highlights and he's back and worth a fortune - sure ;)

that don't make them franchise QBs

Number1

Reaction score
You can X,Y,Z, till the moon is blue in the end all coaches schemes require a player to have TALENT to process and implement them......you get the idea bud.....Dak is a DUD throwing QB.....

Reality check - you've bugged out. Foles has no where near Dak's talent. let alone toughness, or demeanor for the position.

a really good coach once told me - if you want to see what a QB is worth look at their 2 minute game
it's near independent of scheme and puts the whole issue on the QB - nobody outplayed Dak, and Foles' numbers ain't close

Foles - http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14877/nick-foles

Dak - http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/2577417/dak-prescott

Little Jr

Reaction score
I think the real tears will come when he gets signed to big money and Dallas has to let players walk and then this team will really go down the toilet. And I will be on this forum saying I told you!
Study and learn the cap and you'll understand that won't happen.