Dak is second from the bottom on passing TDs since 2017

dckid

Reaction score
That is the most non smart thing I have ever heard a fan of a team say. No more game winning drives Dak because it doesnt match up with the media driven narrative.

I really want Dak to be successful, watching him play the way he does right now.. 5 to 7 step drops, holding the ball, getting sacked, fumbling. It's not really confidence inspiring.
Like I stated later on in my first post. Run him 8-10 times a game. Zig while the league zags, make us Baltimore lite in the NFC.
There have been plenty of flash in the pan QB's who everyone thought were the real deal. Remember Mark Sanchez? He took the Jets to a championship game. I believe he defeated Brady & Manning in the same postseason.. Hey he was clutch when it mattered. Beat two HOF's. He didnt put up great numbers but was a winner.
How did that turn out?
Hindsight is 20/20 dont forget that.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He’s more responsible for wins... while injured and in street clothes... Than a QB who’s starting and playing entire games?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

5-6 (0-2 vs Dak)

The reality is that Dak has done equally to what Wince has done and that's leading his team to a playoff berth. We saw how Dak did in the playoffs in 2016 and how it took a last minute throw from Rodgers to eliminate the Cowboys. But, have yet to know how Wince will perform in a playoff/true elimination (win or go home) game. As I said before, I don't think he would pull off back to back wins against the Rams and Texans. And don't think he would have stepped up in the clutch like Foles did against the Texans, in what was basically an elimination game.

And before someone says that Wince was the MVP contender in 2017-18 and that is the reason for the Iggles getting to the playoffs. The strong supporting cast debate "carrying" a QB seems to be the case for Wince, just as much as it is for Dak, if not more so, since Foles has come in for back to back seasons and carried Philly to a Superbowl win last season and a win away/Vikings loss away from being in the playoffs this season.

I'll say what Foles has done this season, might be more impressive since the Eagles season looked dead with the Rams and Texans coming up and Foles beat them both.

dckid

Reaction score
Flacco drove the bus and won. When Seattle won it, Wilson drove the bus.

Flacco.. to me he was more bus driver than superstar QB. He had great playoff success especially on the road. He threw a great deep ball. I would be happy if Dak can replicate what he has done. He made at least two championship games. Put Baltimore in a postion where they had to pay him. Make Dak prove it. Win a SB get 25 million a year.

I totally disagree about Wilson. I dont know what the narrative was. I always thought he was dynamic and very accurate. I would be jumping for Joy if that is what Dak turns into.
I will eat crow 7 days a week if that happens.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
He’s more responsible for wins... while injured and in street clothes... Than a QB who’s starting and playing entire games?
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

5-6 (0-2 vs Dak)

It’s closer than you think

I think you are underestimating the “leadership” and “intangibles” of Wentz lol

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Flacco.. to me he was more bus driver than superstar QB. He had great playoff success especially on the road. He threw a great deep ball. I would be happy if Dak can replicate what he has done. He made at least two championship games. Put Baltimore in a postion where they had to pay him. Make Dak prove it. Win a SB get 25 million a year.

I totally disagree about Wilson. I dont know what the narrative was. I always thought he was dynamic and very accurate. I would be jumping for Joy if that is what Dak turns into.
I will eat crow 7 days a week if that happens.

Millions of crows have never felt safer

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
“B b but why didnt you include his 12 rushing TDs??”

-A Dak Stan

In all seriousness I do think Dak needs to be looked at through the total TD lens. He is unquestionably not a pure passer, and the running element is a key reason why he’s even around.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I really want Dak to be successful, watching him play the way he does right now.. 5 to 7 step drops, holding the ball, getting sacked, fumbling. It's not really confidence inspiring.
Like I stated later on in my first post. Run him 8-10 times a game. Zig while the league zags, make us Baltimore lite in the NFC.
There have been plenty of flash in the pan QB's who everyone thought were the real deal. Remember Mark Sanchez? He took the Jets to a championship game. I believe he defeated Brady & Manning in the same postseason.. Hey he was clutch when it mattered. Beat two HOF's. He didnt put up great numbers but was a winner.
How did that turn out?
Hindsight is 20/20 dont forget that.
You compared Dak to Sanchez......

Little Jr

Reaction score
Sorry but your wrong. Aikman actually was a QB who played in a 90's ball control timing based offense. Go back and watch the first SB . Do you even remember that playoff game against the niners. Aikman to Harper to ice the game. How about the SB against the bills? Aikman threw 4 TD's and won MVP.
Aikman was super accurate and was not dinker and dunker. The league was just different, the team was different. The passing game has never been more important than it is now.
All the experts used to mock the Bills / Atlanta, etc for using the run & shoot offense? The K-Gun..You remember that?

Dak is who he is. Middle of the pack guy, who should not be be paid 25 million a year.
Aikman was more than a bus driver but lets not pretend he was something he wasn't. There was a reason we didn't win when Smith was out and a reason we won when Garrett , Korsar, Peete and Burlighn (sp?lol) was in there. Aikman was good , not great.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Aikman was more than a bus driver but lets not pretend he was something he wasn't. There was a reason we didn't win when Smith was out and a reason we won when Garrett , Korsar, Peete and Burlighn (sp?lol) was in there. Aikman was good , not great.
:facepalm:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Wentz has a Super Bowl ring

And before you state the obvious, he is about as reponsible for that ring as Dak is for a lot of the victories that his sniffers are always crowing about
Wentz played 0 snaps in the playoffs and Superbowl. He didn't help 1 single snap in that run, he gets no credit.

dckid

Reaction score
You compared Dak to Sanchez......
You missed the point of the post. Go back to 2010 & 2011. Guys who we all respect like Trent Dilfer would say.. Sanchez is a natural born leader, he has the moxie.
Is the Alpha among Alpha's in the room. Don't be fooled by Dak's moxie, show me the skills that translate to winning when Zeke isnt there. Show me how he throws guys open. Show me understands how to read a defense.
I really hope he puts it together, but he is not the guy I would want to commit a giant contract to. I understand Brady is not walking through the door anytime soon.
Let's base our offense to around his strengths. QB runs, read option, move the pocket. Don't try to make him Aikan 2.0. Im so tired of hearing the new triplets. Shut up about the new triplets. Forget the 90's.

WeaponX

Reaction score
Have you watched the QB play in the redzone?
Sure have, which furthers my point. I was responding directly in context to someone saying our offense isn’t designed for passing TDs yet our playcalling in the Redzone has presented plenty of opportunities for Dak to have thrown more TDS.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you think a 5’5 midget running back is the reason foles is winning against top seeded elite teams you’re crazy.

Wentz flops against the Texans and rams.
he has helped ton, go look at the games, they got one of their top guys back, defense subs started gelling bit and they are laying better..lets see the stats for foles if he played 16 games and all the playoff games..like ive said before the law of averages catch up things even out as you get tough games with crazy bounces etc..you cant compare Wentz and Foles unless they both layed the exact same games and had the same scenrios happen.. we get it foles had few great games comng in as the sub but his first few games this season and in the regular season game, he was not great either..again let me see him as the fulltime starter all 16 and we can compare..pretty sure those first 14 last year for Wentz looked pretty darn good didnt they, MVP talk before the injury? I really dont care though im cowboys fan I hope they both break and ankle..still wondering why these things keep pooping up in our forumn, we beat him twice that parts over, im not more scared of philly with foles or less..it is what it is if we see him in the playoffs great because that mean we went far if not Im pretty sure all this is a moot convo, Wentz will have his job back..note last year and all they paid for him..

blueblood70

Reaction score
That game-winning drive Sunday had nothing to do with Sproles or the defense. Houston put up 30 points in Philly.

Wentz is allergic to game-winning drives. He might be the NFL’s least clutch QB.
GREAT and it means nothing to us..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Perhaps but he’s durable. How many qb’s can get sacked 50 times and still be on the field much less be above .500? Eh
It's like saying your car is the lowest rated car that got 200,000 miles.

You got 200K miles out of it so why are you crying, lol.

Dak plays, Dak wins, goofballs cry.
Some things will never change.