Twitter: Dak is still working with Jon Kitna

glimmerman

Reaction score

I think it's great. Dak made strides under Kitna's tutelage. But...Doug Nussmeier (employed by the Cowboys as QB coach) must be feeling some kind of way.

The new QB coach won’t care. I am fine with Kitna working with him. Nobody has had to report for work yet. But Dak isn’t joining in MM virtual training, that I don’t like..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The new QB coach won’t care. I am fine with Kitna working with him. Nobody has had to report for work yet. But Dak isn’t joining in MM virtual training, that I don’t like..

Personally, I think its all BS. Im sure that Kitna or Dak has definitely gotten a hold of the new playbook and is staying caught up on whatever he is missing. Which isn't anything as of yet is it?

John813

Reaction score
Can coaches have contact with players to begin with in regards to NFL rules at this current time and with C19?
Dak is tendered, but unsigned and Kitna is free to do as he chooses.

While Dak is unsigned, could he even workout with Nuss officially?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Personally, I think its all BS. Im sure that Kitna or Dak has definitely gotten a hold of the new playbook and is staying caught up on whatever he is missing. Which isn't anything as of yet is it?
I have wondered if there is a new play book. Hearing that he is just changing some terminology. Slowly putting in a few new plays. And kitna isn’t employed by us anymore so he better not have a hold of our playbook. But I am sure Dak does. I was however hoping Dak would be more involved regardless of a contract. Hasn’t talked to Lamb yet. Come on man. Don’t get but hurt because your agent is asking for mahomes type money and JJ is saying no.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that Dak is still working with Kitna. Kitna did a lot of good to Dak's mechanics last season. I could even see Jon had worked with Dak's mental approach to playing the game. Kitna likes to say," just let it fly" and that's what Dak did for almost 5K yards.

blueblood70

Reaction score
so what happened kitna stop around game 9 last year? dak was something like 8tds-6int and 3-7 , 19 points against teams with .500 or above records..im pretty sure Dak could have lit up NY, washington,. and didnt take off and run much if at all , and seemed hesitant to keep it on RPO against some of the weaker teams without Kitna.. meh

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad to hear that Dak is still working with Kitna. Kitna did a lot of good to Dak's mechanics last season. I could even see Jon had worked with Dak's mental approach to playing the game. Kitna likes to say," just let it fly" and that's what Dak did for almost 5K yards.

I agree. I saw Kitna's influence in getting Dak to take more chances. Interceptions increased a bit, but they were more than offset by the increased production. No risk, no reward.

shabazz

Reaction score
Why would the new QB coach care? I'd be happy to hear my QB is working on his craft while he's not under contract.

......I have no doubt that Dak is still doing commercials.

glimmerman

Reaction score
so what happened kitna stop around game 9 last year? dak was something like 8tds-6int and 3-7 , 19 points against teams with .500 or above records..im pretty sure Dak could have lit up NY, washington,. and didnt take off and run much if at all , and seemed hesitant to keep it on RPO against some of the weaker teams without Kitna.. meh
Didn’t want to get hurt in a contract year. But wanted the stats passing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have wondered if there is a new play book. Hearing that he is just changing some terminology. Slowly putting in a few new plays. And kitna isn’t employed by us anymore so he better not have a hold of our playbook. But I am sure Dak does. I was however hoping Dak would be more involved regardless of a contract. Hasn’t talked to Lamb yet. Come on man. Don’t get but hurt because your agent is asking for mahomes type money and JJ is saying no.

Maybe this is the maturation of MM as a HC. Going away from being offensive coordinator that also is the HC and focuses on being a walk around HC for the most part.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe this is the maturation of MM as a HC. Going away from being offensive coordinator that also is the HC and focuses on being a walk around HC for the most part.
We will see. It won’t take long to see if this is the same old Offense or something different. I am thinking we will see the same motion and things we saw in those first 3 games last season. Maybe use the TE on more plays like MM used to. I just want us to still use that run game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I agree. I saw Kitna's influence in getting Dak to take more chances. Interceptions increased a bit, but they were more than offset by the increased production. No risk, no reward.
Agree.
The best QBs don' t play timid. They are willing to risk an int at times to get the big play. Not carelessly, but strategically vs just protecting a QB rating.
It's so hard to continuously methodically march down the field in today's NFL. Sustained drives are fantastic and it's great to put together some every game to get control, but virtually all the stats show the teams with the big-chunk plays win the most often.
Must regularly (not always) go for the jugular when the opportunity presents itself.

Kitna is teaching Dak that, and he is learning...imo

TD-Int differential is more important than just low int.
Dak was a nice +19 last year.
  • +9 in 2017 (not good)
  • +14 in 2018 (ok, so-so)
  • +19 in 2019 (good!)