Dak is the man!

Proximo

Reaction score
Just skimming through this thread, and I can’t believe how many posters are so married to their negative opinion of Dak that they just CANNOT give the guy credit when it’s due.

I mean seriously?

It’s just football. It’s just an Internet message board. You can admit you were wrong about him.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Just skimming through this thread, and I can’t believe how many posters are so married to their negative opinion of Dak that they just CANNOT give the guy credit when it’s due.

I mean seriously?

It’s just football. It’s just an Internet message board. You can admit you were wrong about him.

Some are coming around but a handful are so invested in the negative predictions they have made they cant turn back and look more foolish as the weeks go by .

They are just waiting for a bad game . Its all they got left rooting for failure to vindicate their predictions.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

I mean seriously?

I don't think any of the ones who are criticizing Dak after the way he's played the first 2 games this year should be taken seriously. They're more like comic relief.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The biggest difference is two things:

#1 the Oline is healthy and blocking great
#2 we have a REAL OC and offense that knows how to call a game and game plan (Garrett is gone)

Yes Dak has improved and the receivers have improved, but these are the two biggest differences. Oline being the biggest.
yes, there is a combination of things, improve offensive play calling, improved mechanics, Gallup has improved a lot, improved OL, so its seemingly all coming together.

with that said, I have mentioned before, its not necessarily the plays themselves, but the route combinations and pre-snap movements. Dak said, this is essentially the same play book and same plays, but Moore is using them in combination to attack all 9 passing zones at different times which helps put pressure on defense, Dak is sitting in the pocket, one because of OL, but I also think he is making a conscious effort to throw from the pocket and seems to have more confidence in his throws, as last year he didn't. he is letting the ball go sooner, and making more accurate throws. his foot work is world's apart from last year. much more consistent.

it also helps we started off with two easy opponents so to get Moore a little experience calling plays and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Brax

Reaction score
You are not giving Dak the credit he deserves. As of this moment he is pretty much elite an proving it.
as long as he plays against sub par opponents that might be true but lets wait and see when he plays the good teams what happens..

johneric8

Reaction score
My take on Dak detractors is a personality disorder more so than their actual reluctance to see the obvious and that Dak is a fantastic franchise QB. Give me a few more sentences to explain here. The issue going on here with most of these types of personalities is that they're too insecure mentally to actually look themselves in the mirror and embrace being wrong. Many of us know that there is lots of growth that can take place within ourselves when we actually embrace we made a mistake and we're wrong.

It's almost life changing to do so! By admitting that we we're wrong we can move forward and grow from the experience, and quite possibly develop a softer heart. Look guys, most of these Dak haters are the same types of people that will get divorced from their spouses before they'll admit they we're wrong or made a mistake. Pride is a HUGE flaw in oneself, but it's never too late to learn to not only have compassion for others but also for yourself, and that starts with forgiveness of yourself and admitting you're imperfect and that is okay.

It's okay Dak detractors, look yourself in the mirror and repeat after me- "I want whats good for others, It feels good to admit I might be wrong, and it's okay to rejoice in that and become a better man"..............

Blake

Reaction score
My take on Dak detractors is a personality disorder more so than their actual reluctance to see the obvious and that Dak is a fantastic franchise QB. Give me a few more sentences to explain here. The issue going on here with most of these types of personalities is that they're too insecure mentally to actually look themselves in the mirror and embrace being wrong. Many of us know that there is lots of growth that can take place within ourselves when we actually embrace we made a mistake and we're wrong.

It's almost life changing to do so! By admitting that we we're wrong we can move forward and grow from the experience, and quite possibly develop a softer heart. Look guys, most of these Dak haters are the same types of people that will get divorced from their spouses before they'll admit they we're wrong or made a mistake. Pride is a HUGE flaw in oneself, but it's never too late to learn to not only have compassion for others but also for yourself, and that starts with forgiveness of yourself and admitting you're imperfect and that is okay.

It's okay Dak detractors, look yourself in the mirror and repeat after me- "I want whats good for others, It feels good to admit I might be wrong, and it's okay to rejoice in that and become a better man"..............

:clap:

Blackrain

Reaction score

I hear ya brother and believe that some of the normal fans with genuine concerns have seen the growth and progress . They are embracing it and turning around as they truly see a change for the better .

There is another handful with deep seated issues that have made it there lifes work to prove Dak incapable and they are too far invested to ever change . Their only enjoyment now is waiting for a bad game so that can cheer failure and feel vindicated

johneric8

Reaction score
I hear ya brother and believe that some of the normal fans with genuine concerns have seen the growth and progress . They are embracing it and turning around as they truly see a change for the better .

There is another handful with deep seated issues that have made it there lifes work to prove Dak incapable and they are too far invested to ever change . Their only enjoyment now is waiting for a bad game so that can cheer failure and feel vindicated

Oh for sure, they're waiting for one imperfect moment to point to so they can validate their disdain for his skills. Here is the problem with that though, no one is listening but their misery loves company confidants. Every Qb in the league has head scratcher games just as Dak will and has. At this point it's a comedy show, they lose what hey say or do because Dak is what he is and that is a very good franchise QB, in fact it's glaring...

The real issues with this team are with coaching, marinelli, garrett, ETC. But my opinion on Garrett is that as long as his main responsibility is managing the players and keeping them motivated I don't mind him in this role. Marinelli for me has got to go or we may squander away some chances at a superbowl. The defense is okay, but needs a new scheme on the defensive line with more creative adjustments. Again, Dak is amazing, we're so lucky to have him, even when he struggled las year I never panicked or question him, I knew it was a rough patch, but I always saw the same guy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yes, there is a combination of things, improve offensive play calling, improved mechanics, Gallup has improved a lot, improved OL, so its seemingly all coming together.

with that said, I have mentioned before, its not necessarily the plays themselves, but the route combinations and pre-snap movements. Dak said, this is essentially the same play book and same plays, but Moore is using them in combination to attack all 9 passing zones at different times which helps put pressure on defense, Dak is sitting in the pocket, one because of OL, but I also think he is making a conscious effort to throw from the pocket and seems to have more confidence in his throws, as last year he didn't. he is letting the ball go sooner, and making more accurate throws. his foot work is world's apart from last year. much more consistent.

it also helps we started off with two easy opponents so to get Moore a little experience calling plays and figure out what works and what doesn't.

Every play book in the NFL is the same. Route trees are all the same. Its how you dress them up, call them, aggression, and disguise.

And he has more confidence in his throws because the Oline is blocking much much better and the recievers are wide open because they can get separation and the scheme is great.

And the fact that he is much more comfortable over all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Every play book in the NFL is the same. Route trees are all the same. Its how you dress them up, call them, aggression, and disguise.

And he has more confidence in his throws because the Oline is blocking much much better and the recievers are wide open because they can get separation and the scheme is great.

And the fact that he is much more comfortable over all.
I agree. that's what I have been arguing. Linehan's issue or even Garrett wasn't necessarily bad play design, but how they used the play calls. Linehan ran the same routes for the recievers or refused to use certain ones and he had a lot of tendencies. Moore seems to do a lot more pre-snap motion to get the defense to reveal its hand, as opposed to confuse the defense. I like the route combinations where he is attacking several zones at the same time, sometime within same area to force defensive players to make a decision and then take their poison. he has run a lot of play action and 11 personnel to spread the defense.

and yes, the OL has played great. Fredrick has been fantastic in the middle. yes, Dak is a getting a lot of time to throw and I kind of like we have started with couple of easy games. like warm up games before things get tougher. its almost like college teams playing lesser opponents to warm up....

so seemingly its all coming together, Dak is improved, OL is improved. Play call is improved. Personnel is improved. I mean gosh, going from what we started with in the beginning of last year, to Cooper, Gallup, Smith, Cobb as your top 4 WRs....that's a huge jump

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Same opponent

Wentz 28-39 313 yards , 3 Td,s. 0 picks
Dakota 26-29 269 yards, 3 Td,s 1 Interception

Yeah, let’s pay him more than Brady and Wentz and hurt the rest of the Team.....
We also had a 100 yard rusher, only so many offensive snaps to go around.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Again.

26/30. 3 TDs, 1 Int. 70 yards rushing.

There is no substitute for greatness.

The streak of the Cowboys not losing a game when they have a 7 point lead in the 4th quarter since 2014 continues. I think they are 40-0 in such games.
Love Dak!!! Always have since college. Proud of him on and off the field. Man. He's playing so lights out now. Keep it going, Dak!!!

Air Force One

Reaction score
Best part about the Dak haters is that he's going to be here for a decade and win us a couple super bowls so we get to really savor their misery for some time to come. :)

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Some folks cling to their preconceptions to the bitter end. They'll just keep moving the goalposts because heaven forbid they might be wrong about something.

Me? I'm enjoying watching Dak's progress. I've had my doubts but it's hard to ignore how he's playing right now. :popcorn: