Dak is the only QB drafted in the past 3 years to win a playoff game

InDakEyeBack

Reaction score
You could probably try to make that argument for any QB bust in the history of the NFL. You'd failed miserably, but you could try.

"Kid just needed the right situation otherwise skies the limit"

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
To be fair, Weeden had a better completion percentage than Dak under way worse conditions. If he had an offense tailored to him, fully health line, Zeke running the ball, I’m pretty sure he could manage the game just like Dak.

Are you serious? Read your post again and let me know........lol

You do remember the chance Weeden got in 2015....right?

PUSHfold

Reaction score
To be fair, Weeden had a better completion percentage than Dak under way worse conditions. If he had an offense tailored to him, fully health line, Zeke running the ball, I’m pretty sure he could manage the game just like Dak.
Huh? In how many games? Dak holds the record for completion percentage over first 3 years for any QB in NFL history....

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Because our backup QBs were horrible. Dak wasn't drafted to start, he was meant to be 3rd string, and fortunately, Zeke was our 1st round pick.
Lol if Dak was supposed to be backup how did he end up where he is?

Jason Garret knew he was the future of the franchise since his first interview with him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Because our backup QBs were horrible. Dak wasn't drafted to start, he was meant to be 3rd string, and fortunately, Zeke was our 1st round pick.

And teams draft QB’s in the top 5, because their QB situation is so great?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol if Dak was supposed to be backup how did he replace an alleged elite Quarterback?

Jason Garret knew he was the future of the franchise since his first interview with him.
Are you asking me how Dak played QB when both the starting QB and the 2nd string QB were injured.....Gee, that's a tough one.

Or are you asking me if our FO was fooled enough by his performance to just decide to let an injury ridden veteran go, without even wanting to see them compete for the job?

And if Garrett "knew he was the future of the franchise since his first interview", why did they try to get someone else ahead of him, and risk some other team snatching up this incredible future franchise player before the 4th round?

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Are you asking me how Dak played QB when both the starting QB and the 2nd string QB were injured.....Gee, that's a tough one.

Or are you asking me if our FO was fooled enough by his performance to just decide to let an injury ridden veteran go, without even wanting to see them compete for the job?
How is most wins since 2016 for any team in nfl considered fooling yourself?

khiladi

Reaction score
Huh? In how many games? Dak holds the record for completion percentage over first 3 years for any QB in NFL history....

So what? He’s also had a lot less attempts and holds many Cowboy records in futility..

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Both playoff games he's played in dak has played well and without fear. Thats not something all young qb's have. Especially when you look at how poorly some of them played last weekend as well. You could argue dak should be 2-0, but obviously aaron rodgers had other things to say about that. But how dak came back in that game down 20 points to GB was incredible.

It'll be interesting how he plays in his first road playoff game tonight.

khiladi

Reaction score
His career completion percentage in Dallas over 2 seasons there was 65.4% compared to daks 66.1%. It was higher than romos but lower than daks.

Stop spreading fake news.

He was 70% as the starter. I know it hurts your feelings when guys like Weeden post stats under worse conditions than the QB you jock riders use as a measure of superiority here regarding that QB.

There is nothing fake about it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How is most wins since 2016 for any team in nfl considered fooling yourself?
He hasn't been nearly the QB everyone thought he was during his rookie season. He's been serviceable so far, and seems to be improving in the latter half of this season, but he hasn't been the "next Tom Brady" some people were claiming he was.

dwreck27

Reaction score
You could say Goff won a playoff game by getting a bye and not having to play a wildcard game.

If that was standard logic we’ve “won” more playoff games then the media gives us credit for

Hell that means Dak “won” one his rookie year