Dak is the only QB drafted in the past 3 years to win a playoff game

khiladi

Reaction score
Defender hooked him and turned Gallup around. Clear as a day.

No, it was not clear as day in real time and a hook is allowed as long as he doesn’t turn the WR and like I said, Gallup’s feet tangled with LB which is why he stumbled which is what caused him to turn, so it should have been two players making a play for the ball.

That’s why Gallup was walking off immediately after the play..

Zman5

Reaction score
No, it was not clear as day in real time and a hook is allowed as long as he doesn’t turn the WR and like I said, Gallup’s feet tangled with LB which is why he stumbled which is what caused him to turn, so it should have been two players making a play for the ball.

That’s why Gallup was walking off immediately after the play..

BS. I watched that in slow mo several times. KJ Wright had his right arm around Gallups waist and hooked him.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Because our backup QBs were horrible. Dak wasn't drafted to start, he was meant to be 3rd string, and fortunately, Zeke was our 1st round pick.

huh? I was told just today that ANY QB could succeed with Dallas. And given that very little changed from 2015 to 2016, I am confused as to how Dallas QB rating went from like 75 to over 100 from 2015 to 2016.

And didn't yall say that Romo deserved the MVP award in 2015 because it showed how overrated the team around him was?

Beyond that, your response didn't even answer/address the issue. You implied that Dak, unlike other rookie QBs, did not go to a bad team...No, Dak, like other rookie QBs, went to a WORSE team than other rookie QBs that year.

Let's not forget, for example, that the Eagles and Rams traded up in that draft...the Rams and Eagles finished with better records than the Cowboys did.

khiladi

Reaction score
BS. I watched that in slow mo several times. KJ Wright had his right arm around Gallups waist and hooked him.

First of all, plays don’t happen in slow motion, they happen in real life.

Second, So did I in slow motion and Gallup tripped on the LBs up and again, you can put your hand on the back as long as you don’t turn him..

So it was a ticky tack PI call, but has no bearing on Dak who basically threw to his first read who was well covered.

Zman5

Reaction score
First of all, plays don’t happen in slow motion, they happen in real life.

Second, So did I in slow motion and Gallup tripped on the LBs up and again, you can put your hand on the back as long as you don’t turn him..

So it was a ticky tack PI call, but has no bearing on Dak who basically threw to his first read who was well covered.

Complete BS again. Refs are wrong on many calls but they are also right on many calls. Slo mo validates if they were right or wrong. Ref called it a pass interference and it was validated.

So once again, it was Dak's fault the ref threw a flag. Stop acting like a clown.

khiladi

Reaction score
Complete BS again. Refs are wrong on many calls but they are also right on many calls. Slo mo validates if they were right or wrong. Ref called it a pass interference and it was validated.

So once again, it was Dak's fault the ref threw a flag. Stop acting like a clown.

Nobody said it was Dak’s fault for his ability to be a game managers

Again, just you saying something doesn’t make it so. Gallup tripped off the LB legs. The LB was clearly in position to make a play.

They called a ticky tack..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
huh? I was told just today that ANY QB could succeed with Dallas. And given that very little changed from 2015 to 2016, I am confused as to how Dallas QB rating went from like 75 to over 100 from 2015 to 2016.

And didn't yall say that Romo deserved the MVP award in 2015 because it showed how overrated the team around him was?

Beyond that, your response didn't even answer/address the issue. You implied that Dak, unlike other rookie QBs, did not go to a bad team...No, Dak, like other rookie QBs, went to a WORSE team than other rookie QBs that year.

Let's not forget, for example, that the Eagles and Rams traded up in that draft...the Rams and Eagles finished with better records than the Cowboys did.
You're applying statements to me that I had nothing to do with. I never said anything about any QB being able to succeed with Dallas, nor did I say anything about Romo and the MVP award. You're just making things up, and I'm not sifting through the BS to try to debate anything relevant you might say.

Zman5

Reaction score
Nobody said it was Dak’s fault for his ability to be a game managers

Again, just you saying something doesn’t make it so. Gallup tripped off the LB legs. The LB was clearly in position to make a play.

They called a ticky tack..

It wasn't ticky tack. Gallup tripped because he was being hooked by the LB as he was about to make the catch.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We already had our QB1, and Dak was meant to be the backup to the backup. Not sure what you're getting at.

What does why Dak was drafted, have to do with him being the only one drafted that year, to win a playoff game thus far?

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Again, 70% completion percentage being a checkdown Charlie with no rushing attack and Zach Martin with a high next sprain... I’m sure he can make a couple passing plays against one deep safety man press coverage on the outside seeing it as much as Dak does..

Do you just make things up as you go along? Dallas rushing attack ranked 5th when Weeden played at 4.6 yards per rush...the next season that "great rushing attack" that Dak Prescott had was at 4.8 yards per rush...good for 3rd.

Yes, that is 0.2 yards per rush better.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What does that have to do with what you were implying?
It has more to do with what you
What does that have to do with what you were implying?
We didn't need to draft a QB early at the time. We didn't know Romo would be injured in preseason. We were set with our starting QB, so we picked the player (Zeke) who was most valuable to our team. Had we been in the market for a franchise QB, we would've moved up to get one, not waited for the 4th round.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Y’all are arguing about the PI calls on the last drive? Really?

When if the refs call the 100% legit pass interference on the interception, the cowboys would have scored that drive anyway? Rather than the INT happening?

khiladi

Reaction score
Do you just make things up as you go along? Dallas rushing attack ranked 5th when Weeden played at 4.6 yards per rush...the next season that "great rushing attack" that Dak Prescott had was at 4.8 yards per rush...good for 3rd.

Yes, that is 0.2 yards per rush better.

Dallas was 25th in rushing TDS on 2015 and our 1000 rusher pretty much stated after they decided to bench Weeden.. not sure what your point is, but if you think our rushing attack was on any way the same level as the next year, your delusional

Again not sure how that changed the fact Weeden three over 70% here as a game manager.