Dak is Top 5 in all major statistical categories (update)

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think Dak has had 5 great games this year (Bucs, Eagles, Giants, Pats, and Panthers) and 1 just okay game (Chargers).

That's much better than I would have expected before the season. He's playing at an MVP level right now.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are you talking about the 44-20 win by the Cowboys? I swear some may be alcoholics that can't remember a great win.
Please. Let’s not disparage alcoholics. We remember more than you think, 007.

cowboyed

Reaction score
"...not have a bad game" ??? By what metric? Does his multiple goal line fumbles and INT's represent a bad game?

MVP talk after 6 games of a 17 game season????

People just don't stop.

I agree Dak has had some bad games in his career. But it just seems your responses about Prescott are convenient diatribe. His positive plays in games far eclipse his negative plays. Aside the Patriots game, exactly how many goal line fumbles based on total number of games he completed to date? Dak also has gone into the end zone and scored touchdowns as well.

Oh the horror, the media and fans are already talking about Dak being a possibly an MVP candidate this season. You find this shocking or disturbing?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think Dak has had 5 great games this year (Bucs, Eagles, Giants, Pats, and Panthers) and 1 just okay game (Chargers).

That's much better than I would have expected before the season. He's playing at an MVP level right now.

Amen.. It baffles me why this simple statement seems to unhinge some people. The dude is ballin. The only difference for me is that I expected him to play at this level or very near it as long as his ankle and shoulder were healed up. I keep going back to that footage on Hard Knocks where he was hitting those little targets at 15-20 yards while running through the tackling dummies. That showed me that his accuracy had risen to another level.. He has always been the best on the move thrower I'd ever seen and he's even better this year. Especially rolling to his left (off) hand side. What we have seen this year is he can put the ball wherever he wants it, anywhere on the field. Short, long, outside the hashes, over the middle, down the seams, swing passes. Damn near every throw is right there... It's gotten to the point that I'm shocked when he's off by even a few inches. If the end throw to Ced it 6 inches further to the right it's a TD not an INT. The one that Schultz dropped initially looked to have been behind but on the replay as Romo pointed out behind was the correct ball placement because of the safety lurking to dislodge the ball. And the 4th down completion to Ced was a thing of beauty. He wasn't even really open.. Dak "threw him open" by putting the ball just high enough that the DB couldn't get to it but just low enough that Wilson could get to it and bring it down in bounds. Just beautiful. Yes he's going to miss one or two throws a game.. He's human.. But I find it tough to quibble with a guy completing 73% of his passes.

Blake

Reaction score
This is so stupid, according to NFL schedule we have the 2nd softest schedule in the entire league. Our schedule is better and competition is worst than 30 other teams.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

UOu.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh so if you make a mistake it’s a bad game, even if you win! lol

Dak threw 4 TDs and we win by 21!

Yeah but had an INT. BAD GAME!!

LOL!
no, its brush the good stuff under carpet and say it was zeke, OL, the WRs...but lets get a huge magnifying glass and put the one play under that glass and keep picking at it, with 1823 posts....

Blake

Reaction score
no, its brush the good stuff under carpet and say it was zeke, OL, the WRs...but lets get a huge magnifying glass and put the one play under that glass and keep picking at it, with 1823 posts....

Completely loses credibility when he only focuses on the negatives and doesn't give equal attention to the positives. Tiger Woods made mistakes in major tournaments he won. Michael Jordan made mistakes in basketball games he won. Derek Jeter made mistakes, etc...

Everyone makes mistakes. How they bounce back from those mistakes says more about their ability than a simple minded hater can comprehend.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Completely loses credibility when he only focuses on the negatives and doesn't give equal attention to the positives. Tiger Woods made mistakes in major tournaments he won. Michael Jordan made mistakes in basketball games he won. Derek Jeter made mistakes, etc...

Everyone makes mistakes. How they bounce back from those mistakes says more about their ability than a simple minded hater can comprehend.
I understand, but he will call it excuses and he says why can't I talk about negative and when asked to give Dak some credit, he credited everybody but dak and reluctantly in the end said, glad to see team doing so well..

he is lurking there. reading the forum. just waiting...spews a few venom here and there and waiting for cowboys to lose a game and will come slinging that dak couldn't win (when he credits wins to the team when we do)..

such a misreable old doucche bag

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak Prescott

Yards - 1813 (5th)..... Stafford, Brady, Carr, Mahomes

Completion % - 73.1% (2nd)..... Murray

QB Rating - 115 (4th)....... Wilson (tho he's played one less game), Stafford, Murray

TDs - 16 (tied 3rd)..... Mahomes, Stafford, Brady

Also, Dak has not had a bad game this year. He's one of 3 QBs this year to not have a bad game, the only other 2 are Brady and Murray. His worst game (Chargers) was still a win and he was still decent.

Herbert had that woeful Ravens game. Stafford really bit against the Cardinals. Mahomes has had a couple of bad eggs. Allen had the Steelers. Rodgers had the Saints. Jackson if Tucker's field goal didn't bounce in hardly think that Lions game was a good game. And against the Chargers he was a real snoozefest, Herbert was just worse and Ravens had 187 yards rushing to compensate for QB failures.

So yes....fire up the Dak for MVP campaign.
Crazy that 73.1% isnt tops in the NFL by a mile

DFWJC

Reaction score
Still looking good.

After week 6
Dak is
  • 4th in Passer Rating
  • 10th in TDs-Turnovers
  • 5th in Passing Yards/game
  • 7th in Yards per Attempt
  • 2nd in Completion %
  • 16th in ESPN silly "QBR"

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yup having multiple picks dropped against the Giants and having 1 pick against the Giants. I guess most folks here didn't watch how Stafford slice up that Giants' defense with no interception. Oh and Stafford have shown to be able to win games without a running game and a bad O-line. These are two factors that Dak has never shown unless it against the worst team in the league (Lions, Eagles, Giants, Falcons) as @RonnieT24 pointed out. That what separate Dak from the true elite, and that is the ability to carry their team when things are missing or not operating smoothly.

DO you go through every NFL game counting all multiple dropped picks or "almost picks" that all NFL QBs have in games every Thursday Night, Sundays, and Monday nights or do you just do this with Dak?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
is there a category for almost intercepted....perhaps in your idiotic book.

I watched the giants game...I watched stafford. Giants dropped 2 interceptions could have been even three.....so you making up stuff because you didn't even watch the game....makes you look like a moron that you are...but hey thank you for participating.

btw, time to get your head out of staffords arse. he wants to take a dump and you plugging him

Dak is the only QB who they will pick apart for having "almost INTs", while overlooking or not caring about the almost INTs that other QBs have. :rolleyes:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Oh so if you make a mistake it’s a bad game, even if you win! lol

Dak threw 4 TDs and we win by 21!

Yeah but had an INT. BAD GAME!!

LOL!

Dak over came the turnovers to put up good games, but it doesn't matter to some. Dak proved that he is the type of QB who can brush off a bad play and go on to play well for the rest of the game, which is exactly why any fan should want in a QB. Rather than one who would allow a bad play to have an negative impact on how they perform for the rest of the game.

Redline360

Reaction score
It's no shock Dak was going to put up gawdy stupid numbers in the offense if completely healthy.

Has been playing great however needs to improve on the turnovers. 4 int 6 fumbles 2 or 3 lost if I remember correctly.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I understand, but he will call it excuses and he says why can't I talk about negative and when asked to give Dak some credit, he credited everybody but dak and reluctantly in the end said, glad to see team doing so well..

he is lurking there. reading the forum. just waiting...spews a few venom here and there and waiting for cowboys to lose a game and will come slinging that dak couldn't win (when he credits wins to the team when we do)..

such a misreable old doucche bag

Then he claims that Dak supporters get "emotional" over any thread that is made to criticize Dak. In the meantime it seems like he and others are bothered or irritated by any thread that is made in support of Dak. Including stats that proves how well Dak is performing and playing. So some just feel the need to rush in and post negativity or to suppress and squash any positive attention and credit that Dak is receiving. But, then will also Dak supporters of being "extreme" in defense of Dak. When I haven't seen any NFL fanbase who is as bothered by their QB receiving credit and praise, as some Cowboys fans are when Dak receives any type of credit or praise.