Dak isnt a franchise qb. he got Dez released, but does this mean

kskboys

Reaction score
The OP proves its a big mistake letting these "fans" from a failed forum come over here.
Failed? You mean thriving and lively but not saying what you want to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevinhickey

Reaction score
Does this mean we get Earl Thomas? I hope so. That's the only thing that would take away some of the sting of Releasing Dez.
Dak played like a franchise QB in his rookie year. Nobody can take that away from him. He played outstanding for a rookie. Injuries to the offensive line, Leary's loss in free agency, Elliott's suspension, Garrett's lack of adjustments and simply; teams took away Beasley(covered him high and low) Dez outburst. We lost several games where we put up more than 30 points and still lost. We have a franchise QB.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score
Dak played like a franchise QB in his rookie year. Nobody can take that away from him. He played outstanding for a rookie. Injuries to the offensive line, Leary's loss in free agency, Elliott's suspension, Garrett's lack of adjustments and simply; teams took away Beasley(covered him high and low) Dez outburst. We lost several games where we put up more than 30 points and still lost. We have a franchise QB.
He has yet to prove he can do it without a 1500+ yard back.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Showing up late for meetings, jogging his routes, requiring someone to wake him up, not being interested in focusing, throwing tantrums, turning the wrong way. There's a long list of why Dez was fired, and if Dak is on it at all, he's way down toward the bottom.
:hammer:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so when I point out the 20 plus catches that Dak throw over his head, will you agree?
When I get FILM and point out the 20 plus times Dez was wide open 20 plus yards up the field and Dak didn't throw it because he was only reading half the field, will you change your mind?
I've seen proof. Lets have it.
Anytime you're ready to watch 2017 film, I'll prove everything I said. Dez had single digit drops. Dak had double digit over throws and under throws. Dak has double digit plays where Dez was wide open and didn't throw it.Dak has double digit plays where Dez was open but Dak was late and couldn't throw it.
I would like to see a screenshot.

I've been watching the coaches film since the minute it became available to fans. I review all games multiple times. Probably 10x on average over the season and offseason.

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score

I've been watching the coaches film since the minute it became available to fans. I review all games multiple times. Probably 10x on average over the season and offseason.
I posted a video. You google yourself for yourself or go to youtube

Torturedcowboysfan

Reaction score

Not possible because if you did, you would’ve seen dez wide open a bunch of times even before me. You’d also see dak reading half the field when dez was open on the one he didn’t see.

dallas72

Reaction score
so when I point out the 20 plus catches that Dak throw over his head, will you agree?
When I get FILM and point out the 20 plus times Dez was wide open 20 plus yards up the field and Dak didn't throw it because he was only reading half the field, will you change your mind?
I've seen proof. Lets have it.
Anytime you're ready to watch 2017 film, I'll prove everything I said. Dez had single digit drops. Dak had double digit over throws and under throws. Dak has double digit plays where Dez was wide open and didn't throw it.Dak has double digit plays where Dez was open but Dak was late and couldn't throw it.
Im NOT talkibg about the 20 bad passes probably more like 35 lol....im talking about the drops.. when ges ooen hits both hands, the ones he used to high point he drops, the ones that boubce of both hands and become ints...the ones he open by y 5 yards he drops that eould of been TDs...yes its true Dak isnt as accurate as Romo..But Julio, Odell, Brown, AJ all would make those catches..Dez of 2014 wouks of made those catches ......Dez has talent ..the problem is he NEVER tried to improve or get better

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Every receiver drops makeable catches. Every quarterback makes bad throws.

Trying to blame the offense's failures on one of the other isn't realistic...

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Um thats not the complete season..Dez tied Lee wirh 10 drops...so you should get your facts correct

Those stats are for the entire 2017 season you need to read better, and if you disagree then please by all means post your official stat that shows Dez had 10 drops. I would like to see it

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He has yet to prove he can do it without a 1500+ yard back.

And how much of a chance has he had? One year. Not enough time for that statement to mean anything.

He did not get Dez released.

Dez got Dez released.

His cap hit was too much, I don't know why people can't understand that. Anytime you give someone a top contract you take the chance that there won't be enough money available to pay him eventually - due to the cap not going up as much as you hoped, the development of people like Martin that require big $$ to keep and other factors.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Um thats not the complete season..Dez tied Lee wirh 10 drops...so you should get your facts correct

The Fox Sports list shows Dez playing 16 games, with 6 drops, tied with 3 others for third most. Same for NBC Sports.

But "Analytics service Inside Edge says Bryant's dropped 10 balls this season, tied for most among NFL receivers." But as they also said "How many he's dropped, exactly, depends on the stats keepers you look to." And it also notes the sun factor at AT&T stadium was a factor, which we've all seen of course.

Washington Post says 6,

I would say some of the sites don't seem to have the year listed anywhere but I searched for 2017 NFL wide receiver drops so I'm assuming that it's for 2017.

Seems the majority of sites don't say any receiver dropped 10 passes, even Lee.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The Fox Sports list shows Dez playing 16 games, with 6 drops, tied with 3 others for third most. Same for NBC Sports.

But "Analytics service Inside Edge says Bryant's dropped 10 balls this season, tied for most among NFL receivers." But as they also said "How many he's dropped, exactly, depends on the stats keepers you look to." And it also notes the sun factor at AT&T stadium was a factor, which we've all seen of course.

Washington Post says 6,

I would say some of the sites don't seem to have the year listed anywhere but I searched for 2017 NFL wide receiver drops so I'm assuming that it's for 2017.

Seems the majority of sites don't say any receiver dropped 10 passes, even Lee.
Now you see here is the thing "Analytics service Inside Edge" is not an official NFL stat it is an opinion. I am using "offical NFL stats" even if they are posted by another web site. here is another site at the bottom they referance they use "Stats" as their official site that is who the NFL uses for their stats

http://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
ow you see here is the thing "Analytics service Inside Edge" is not an official NFL stat it is an opinion

Right, that's why I said the majority show Dez with 6 drops. And while that's at the high end of the number, how much better would the offense had been if Dez had had "only" 5 drops? Or 4? Like I said, every receiver drops some, to me unless Dez had dropped like 12 and the next guy 6 or 8, then you might have room to complain about his drops.

But I really think that's a very minor factor in how good Dez or Dak, or both together, was or could have been...

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Right, that's why I said the majority show Dez with 6 drops. And while that's at the high end of the number, how much better would the offense had been if Dez had had "only" 5 drops? Or 4? Like I said, every receiver drops some, to me unless Dez had dropped like 12 and the next guy 6 or 8, then you might have room to complain about his drops.

But I really think that's a very minor factor in how good Dez or Dak, or both together, was or could have been...

That's my entire point, it's nothing more than a crutch for some to try and fall back on. It is also not based on reality. NFL stats also show the Cowboys as being one of the best teams in the league last year for drops "as a team"

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=232
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/tmleaders.asp?range=NFL&rank=232&type=Receiving

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how much of a chance has he had? One year. Not enough time for that statement to mean anything.

His cap hit was too much, I don't know why people can't understand that. Anytime you give someone a top contract you take the chance that there won't be enough money available to pay him eventually - due to the cap not going up as much as you hoped, the development of people like Martin that require big $$ to keep and other factors.

The Dez release was not a money issue. It was human Turd issue. The flushed Dez the human Turd.