Twitter: Dak leaves practice with arm soreness

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Why does my arm hurt from throwing a football?
When a muscle or tendon is overworked, it can become inflamed. The rotator cuff is frequently irritated in throwers, resulting in tendinitis. Early symptoms include pain that radiates from the front of the shoulder to the side of the arm. Pain may be present during throwing, other activities, and at rest.

I know why my shoulder hurts.... I'm 55 years old, I have arthritis and what's called impingement syndrome. I also have bursitis and tendinitis.

Guess what? I still go to the gym anyway.

Where's my 40 mil so I can take a few days off?

HungryLion

Reaction score
This just in. MRI's now reveal strained muscles.

Prescotters.

This just in: professional internet troll now thinks he is a doctor and knows what can and can’t be deduced from an MRI and physical evaluation.

More to come at 11.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I know why my shoulder hurts.... I'm 55 years old, I have arthritis and what's called impingement syndrome. I also have bursitis and tendinitis.

wahhhhh somebody with more talent than me, makes more money than me wahhhhhh

HungryLion

Reaction score
That dude Dak Prescott is the greatest of all time thinks that they MRI'd the stiff and then spotted a muscle strain in the imaging.

We're not exactly dealing with mensa members here.

A muscle strain absolutely can be seen on an MRI, depending upon the severity or grade of the strain, or how much inflammation there is. especially if there’s slight tearing of the muscle.

But by all means continue.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Here is why my Shoulder has hurt for over 30 years and will never stop hurting
A grade 5 AC Joint Separation occurs when the clavicle is severely displaced superiorly. It represents the most severe type of AC joint injury. This grade separation between the clavicle and the coracoid part of the scapula has to more than 100% (more than double) the normal side in order to fit the x-ray definition of a type 5 joint separation. When the injury is this severe there is a very obvious deformity with the distal end of the clavicle now very prominently protruding under the skin. In these injuries it is actually the scapula that has pulled away from the clavicle.

Severe AC Joint Separation
When it is this severe the detachment from the clavicle not only involves the “acromioclavicular” and the “coracoclavicular” ligaments but even involves tearing of the periosteum of the bone on the clavicle as well. In some cases the bone actually punctures all of the soft tissue and is sitting in the subcutaneous tissues. This severity of injury is very uncomfortable for most patients and requires surgery to stabilize the joint in almost all cases. There is no effective non-operative treatment as the downward force of gravity ensures that there can be no possibility of reducing the joint back into position.

acr731

Reaction score
A muscle strain absolutely can be seen on an MRI, depending upon the severity or grade of he strain, or how much inflammation there is.

But by all means continue.

Wait - one minute you pointed out that Risen isn't a doctor, and now are throwing out your knowledge of MRI's.

Uh, should we be saying 'thanks doc'?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Wait - one minute you pointed out that Risen isn't a doctor, and now are throwing out your knowledge of MRI's.

Uh, should we be saying 'thanks doc'?

Risen isn’t a serious person. He is a funny poster but it’s all a schtick.

which is why I was being sarcastic back to him.

acr731

Reaction score
Here is why my Shoulder has hurt for over 30 years and will never stop hurting
A grade 5 AC Joint Separation occurs when the clavicle is severely displaced superiorly. It represents the most severe type of AC joint injury. This grade separation between the clavicle and the coracoid part of the scapula has to more than 100% (more than double) the normal side in order to fit the x-ray definition of a type 5 joint separation. When the injury is this severe there is a very obvious deformity with the distal end of the clavicle now very prominently protruding under the skin. In these injuries it is actually the scapula that has pulled away from the clavicle.

Severe AC Joint Separation
When it is this severe the detachment from the clavicle not only involves the “acromioclavicular” and the “coracoclavicular” ligaments but even involves tearing of the periosteum of the bone on the clavicle as well. In some cases the bone actually punctures all of the soft tissue and is sitting in the subcutaneous tissues. This severity of injury is very uncomfortable for most patients and requires surgery to stabilize the joint in almost all cases. There is no effective non-operative treatment as the downward force of gravity ensures that there can be no possibility of reducing the joint back into position.

You win. Your shoulder is worse... Here's to our shoulders.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's what actually happened. Prescott said his arm hurt. They MRI'd him. The results showed no structural damage, no tears, so the diagnosis was a muscle strain. The MRI didn't reveal the strain like that Joe Fan said, it's just the process of elimination. You say you're in pain, we see nothing wrong here. It must be a strain.

If I claimed to have shoulder pain when I didn't and got an MRI for it my diagnosis would also be a strain. Except I'm not really injured.

Yes there are rare cases of excessive inflammation showing a strain.

Is he faking it? I highly doubt it but I also don't care. I care more about not having a backup worth a crap.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Here's what actually happened. Prescott said his arm hurt. They MRI'd him. The results showed no structural damage, no tears, so the diagnosis was a muscle strain. The MRI didn't reveal the strain like that Joe Fan said, it's just the process of elimination. You say you're in pain, we see nothing wrong here. It must be a strain.

If I claimed to have shoulder pain when I didn't and got an MRI for it my diagnosis would also be a strain. Except I'm not really injured.

Is he faking it? I highly doubt it but I also don't care. I care more about not having a backup worth a crap.

Lmao

HungryLion

Reaction score

It’s almost like that’s why my first response to you referenced the combination of a physical evaluation and an MRI.

Glad you finally came around buddy.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
You win. Your shoulder is worse... Here's to our shoulders.
They tried to fix it but the repair job sucks Did I mention 9 broken ribs 2 punctured lungs and a broken color bone and about 100 stitches to fix my wrist I got banged pirdy hard