Dak led league in "tight window throws" and why this led to league high interceptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The interceptions especially near the end of the season were not in tight windows they were directly to the other team. Lack of separation has nothing to do with it.
No, they weren't. Both INTs against San Fran were not thrown directly at the other team. Our receivers didn't help. Dak wasn't without blame either.

mardwin

Reaction score
They were tight throws because of the lack of anticipation from the QB. Kurt Warner went over Dak's film, no need to blame the receivers for everything. I remember to specific throws from Dak against Niners when both Gallup and Lamb got several steps ahead of their defenders but Dak couldn't connect.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They were tight throws because of the lack of anticipation from the QB. Kurt Warner went over Dak's film, no need to blame the receivers for everything. I remember to specific throws from Dak against Niners when both Gallup and Lamb got several steps ahead of their defenders but Dak couldn't connect.
Some of the ints were directly on Dak, and honestly some on the WR. In the end Dak takes the blame for all. Just the way it is.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'll bet the shorter the pass, the more likely it is to be a "tight window" throw.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did Dak take more chances, or did he HAVE to take more chances since guys like Noah Brown and Gallup couldn't get separation?

Just some food for thought.
btw, McCarthy said himself, he asked Dak to be more aggressive and then he wasn't on the same page with his OC....so Moore is doing one thing and McCarthy another. they were not on the same page and thus Moore is gone. not saying Moore was a problem, but when OC and Coach aren't on the same page, then it leads to issue. McCarthy called out Moore in more than one occasion and he knew from get go he was Jones' boy and had to be handled with kid gloves

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the same curt warner also threw a lot of criticism at the OC. but yeah, I got you. I know what your goal is.

Rayman70

Reaction score
everything u said is 100% right. Plenty of fault to go around. But some of it goes back to the receiver talent or lack thereof. We lacked speed. I still think we must resign TY because he still has speed and adds veteran depth that we need.Unless Jalen Tolbert proves he can be that extra wr like TY.

Status
Not open for further replies.