CFZ Dak looked a bit nervous last night on the sideline

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This .........makes my point. I stand by what I said, he needs to win Super Bowl to quiet some of his critics. If you see it differently, cool, I'm not one to go back and forth, let's move on.
Fine...your point is dumb...since it's already been proven wrong. Stand by it then.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The entire premise of this thread is absurd.
OP is seeing what he wants to see, that’s all this is.
There is literally no evidence of Dak “looking concerned” or whatever on the sidelines.
Like absolutely none.
Other than OP’s “just trust me bro, I could see it in his face”. LOL

There is no hard evidence but I wouldn't say the premise is absurd.

Looking at the big picture it is easy to make a case that it is certainly possible Dak is hearing footsteps. I'm not saying he is, just that it is certainly possible for tangible reasons. I would prefer he does get a little nervous. That's would be a good thing for everyone.

But yea, in his head he is dealing with the unprecedented criticism he is getting from multiple directions, fans throwing things at him as he exits the field, the not very good recent history of his play ("slump", 49's, opening week 22). It should be expected he would get a little nervous watching the team succeed and rally around the backup QB. He's been that backup QB multiple times himself and he knows as well as anyone how things can go.

I have no idea what he was thinking on the sidelines but some anxiety about his place wouldn't be out of the question. It might even be expected.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak looked fine. Wait until we play a real team to see what Cooper can do. We should beat the Deadskins. It's the Rams and Eagles that will be the problem. No matter who plays the QB needs to step up. Need to quit all the mistakes. Should have beat the Giants easily.

I think they should leave Rush in there until atleast after the Rams and Eagles game. Lets see what he will do against better competition. The Giants, Bengals defense and Washington aren't true tests. I

Dak had to play against the Buccaneers defense. I can see the writing on the wall now.... Dak comes in and struggle against the Rams and Eagles then its curtains.

Some people wouldn't be smart enough to realize that the Bucs, Rams, and Eagles are much tougher defenses than Rush facing the Bengals, Giants, and Commanders defenses.

I would love to see what Rush can do against better competition that game planned him. I honestly believe he can shine, but i wanna see it

erod

Reaction score
Cmon bro... the only time Dak wasn't clapping and cheering was when the Giants started driving and changing momentum. Dak greeted Rush with hand slaps and everything when he made plays and came over to the sidelines.

Dak ain't worried about Rush bro. Rush is definitely doing his thing and deserves to be praised and respected.... but Rush isn't making Dak lose any sleep.
"Bro" doesn't make your point very well, LOL. Just some life advice.

There were pannings to Dak that were pretty wide-eyed. But that's not the point.

Dak will get his job back, but the intensity of the scrutiny will be like he's never seen before. The fan base has turned against him by about 80+ percent.

erod

Reaction score
Do you honestly think Dak balling when he returns will quiet his critics? Please......nothing short of a Super win will quiet some of his critics, and hell may not be enough.
I disagree.

Most are like me. I just want to see clutch play against good teams in meaningful games. I want to see him carry the team, rather than be carried by the team. I want the ball downfield with authority on intermediate routes rather than dump-off and checkdowns to the flat that get Zeke killed. It's pretty straight forward.

$40 million quarterbacks should be able to to that regularly. But Dak hasn't shown to be that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak will get his job back, but the intensity of the scrutiny will be like he's never seen before. The fan base has turned against him by about 80+ percent.

I don't know about the 80% part, but if Rush wins again this weekend then Dak comes back vs the Rams and loses, he'll catch heat no matter how he played.

Having never seen Rush lose a game affects perception. Deep down, reasonable people know Rush will lose at some point if he keeps playing, but we've never seen it.

The schedule sets up a bit tricky in terms of timing for Dak. Best case for him is Rush starts 3 more games, loses at least one, then Dak returns for the Lions and Bears.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know about the 80% part, but if Rush wins again this weekend then Dak comes back vs the Rams and loses, he'll catch heat no matter how he played.

Having never seen Rush lose a game affects perception. Deep down, reasonable people know Rush will lose at some point if he keeps playing, but we've never seen it.

The schedule sets up a bit tricky in terms of timing for Dak. Best case for him is Rush starts 3 more games, loses at least one, then Dak returns for the Lions and Bears.

Really do not think players care much about outside noise. Dak has caught hell for a long time now, I get what you are saying but I think Dak will play as soon as he is cleared to play. Chances for his return for the Rams game more reasonable than for the Washington game. Best case is he gets cleared to play and is back on the field. Fans will be fans and say what they choose to say, for the player he can't concern himself with that.

mardwin

Reaction score
Look, Rush is playing good backup type football. However, he isn't playing THAT well to take a QB with a franchise contract's job. I'm not even a fan of Dak, but he has little to worry about until we see Rush in true adversity.

Rush is playing better or as well as prime Dak (2016). Rush may not take away Dak's job but the heat on Dak will be so high going forward that he will put or shut up. There will be no more tolerance to his excuses about the o-line, WR, or the play calling.

GINeric

Reaction score
"Bro" doesn't make your point very well, LOL. Just some life advice.

There were pannings to Dak that were pretty wide-eyed. But that's not the point.

As far as the "life advice"... my life is great and im pretty sure I can place a bet on anything you can muster up, that I can give you better "life advice" that would be more beneficial to you than yours could ever be to me.

With that said yes he would have more of a closer scope on him when he gets back. But hopefully they don't set him up for passing 60 times a game when our team isn't built for that. Give him the same solid game plan that they give Rush.

I guarantee you the fan base would turn on Rush if he had to drop back 95% out of shotgun with 60 passing attempts per game. Rush isn't that type of quarterback just like Dak isn't that type of quarterback.

Now "Bro" doesn't make my point very well, but my eyes and common sense does. You should try using yours sometimes....

Just some life advice....