CFZ Dak looked a bit nervous last night on the sideline

Swagger

Reaction score
tenor.png
:laugh:

Swagger

Reaction score
...Please..no "Dak take a back seat" topics....Dak replaced an often seriously injured and aged QB in Romo!...Dak and Cooper's situation is not even close to the same!...Dak is the Starting QB for the immediate future, no matter how many games b/up QB Cooper wins...period! ( But it is nice to have a b/up QB who can win some games for the team.)

P16kRfb.jpg
Thankfully Prescott is very durable...hang on :huh:

erod

Reaction score
You must have really long arms from all of that reaching....

Damn near every shot of Dak they showed, Dak was clapping his hands and cheering the entire offense on INCLUDING RUSH when they made plays. They showed a shot of them in the lockerroom for their post game huddle-praise session for one another and Dak was right there high fiving with the rest of the guys... so just stop.

Here we go with more over exaggerations.....

I bet you could stand still in Texas..... and slap people in New York and Los Angeles at the same time with them long arms.
Don't kid yourself. I didn't say he didn't cheer the win. But he knows, when he comes back, the scrutiny is going to be incredibly intense.

He collapsed under the boos in week 1. That was nothing compared to what awaits is he doesn't hit his receivers in stride routinely when he gets back.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dak looked fine. Wait until we play a real team to see what Cooper can do. We should beat the Deadskins. It's the Rams and Eagles that will be the problem. No matter who plays the QB needs to step up. Need to quit all the mistakes. Should have beat the Giants easily.

GINeric

Reaction score
I think they should just cut him now? Rush is better anyway. Its totally obvious. Anyone can see it.
You realize it was a close game until mid 4th quarter, right? Ever stop to think he was just nervous that, you know, they might take an L? I'm sure he wants to get the job back with a winning record.

They know why Dak only looked serious when the game got tight and the Giants were taking momentum..... they're just reaching.

Just like there was this one low IQ idiot here who said Dak was the third best quarterback we have on the squad. Placing him behind Grier..... **** is hilarious man.

GINeric

Reaction score
Don't kid yourself. I didn't say he didn't cheer the win. But he knows, when he comes back, the scrutiny is going to be incredibly intense.

He collapsed under the boos in week 1. That was nothing compared to what awaits is he doesn't hit his receivers in stride routinely when he gets back.

Cmon bro... the only time Dak wasn't clapping and cheering was when the Giants started driving and changing momentum. Dak greeted Rush with hand slaps and everything when he made plays and came over to the sidelines.

Dak ain't worried about Rush bro. Rush is definitely doing his thing and deserves to be praised and respected.... but Rush isn't making Dak lose any sleep.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm saying that fans hyping him up beyond what he would be capable of doing in the position of a permanent starting NFL QB and then turning on him when he isn't able to match those capabilities, would be unfair to him.
He's had every reason to shrivel up and fade away. He seems pretty mentally stable.

I do get what you are saying. I think things like this happen to players that have been coddled for a long time. When things get tough they can't handle it. Cam Newton, Jameis Winston...come to mind.

If coop goes bad...he's already beaten expectations...not failed them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They know why Dak only looked serious when the game got tight and the Giants were taking momentum..... they're just reaching.

Just like there was this one low IQ idiot here who said Dak was the third best quarterback we have on the squad. Placing him behind Grier..... **** is hilarious man.
No...I think that guy meant Wilson, not Grier. But yeah....funny stuff.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Has we ever faced anything like this before? This huge contract and the guy isn’t caring out persay he’s just not what they thought he was. And he’s nervous in the pocket so he might be unplayable

Proximo

Reaction score
The entire premise of this thread is absurd.
OP is seeing what he wants to see, that’s all this is.
There is literally no evidence of Dak “looking concerned” or whatever on the sidelines.
Like absolutely none.
Other than OP’s “just trust me bro, I could see it in his face”. LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Personally I love the job Cooper Rush is doing and the team in general, but I know damn well had Dallas put up 6 points leading to the 4th qrt vs the NY Giants and Dak was QB this board would be all over Dak. Again Cooper is doing what he has to do but without this defense we would be in a world of trouble.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As I stated last week, there's a hornet's nest awaiting Dak coming out of this injury, and he'd better be ready to be a very different quarterback when it gets here. He got booed out of the stadium in Week 1, and the natives are not pining for him to return. A bad beginning is going to bring the fan base down on him worse than this run of injuries he's had

Do you honestly think Dak balling when he returns will quiet his critics? Please......nothing short of a Super win will quiet some of his critics, and hell may not be enough.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The entire premise of this thread is absurd.
OP is seeing what he wants to see, that’s all this is.
There is literally no evidence of Dak “looking concerned” or whatever on the sidelines.
Like absolutely none.
Other than OP’s “just trust me bro, I could see it in his face”. LOL
But you...of course...do NOT see what you want to see. Immune from the human frailties other suffer though.

Look...I don't think Dak showed any worry at that game either. BUT....I hated his look on the bench on the first game. I'm like DUDE...get on the Surface Pro, get your WR's together. Go talk to KM. He sat there looking like he didn't know what to do.

We all see what we want. It's how it works.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you honestly think Dak balling when he returns will quiet his critics? Please......nothing short of a Super win will quiet some of his critics, and hell may not be enough.
Why are you doing this? This exaggeration is unnecessary.

Of course it doesn't have to be a super. Compete, win against good teams. Show your force and will.

Last year, even Moutaineer and Pappy gave Dak credit early in the season. It is proof you are lying.

Swagger

Reaction score
All this nonsense from some people claiming the Cowboys would have blown out the Giants with Prescott as QB based on what exactly!?

Previous results from years back against the Giants are largely irrelevant given the personnel involved. E.g., The Giants came into this game 2-0 with decent coaches and a different team including a healthy Barkley - their best player. The Defense had only allowed 16 points against the Panthers and 20 points away to the Titans in their previous two games. Even if you insist upon looking back at the corresponding game against an inferior Giants team from last season, well then let's do that.

It finished 21-6 with the Giants 4-10 - essentially a dead rubber for them. On Sunday it was 23-16 with the Giants 2-0 at the time

Prescott had a QBR of 98.6. 28/37 with 217 yards. 5.9 yards per attempt. 1 TD and 0 Interceptions. 14 passing 1st downs.
37 passing plays and 30 rushing plays.

Rush had a QBR of 98.2. 21/31 with 215 yards. 6.9 yards per attempt. 1 TD and 0 Interceptions. 12 passing 1st downs.
31 passing plays and 30 rushing plays.

Cowboys rushed for over 100 yards in both games.

Prescott played a real tidy game as did Rush - but I don't see a lot of difference. Do you? Whereas you have clowns like Dave Helmet insisting it would have been a blow out with Prescott at QB. He used to cover the Cowboys yet when commenting in his latest media role last week he couldn't even remember how many play off wins the team had with Romo as QB. Interesting as that in itself indicates an inherent dislike for Romo. Anything to do with Prescott he will know all his Kirk Cousins type stats. Don't you worry about that!

So what did Rush do badly that only Prescott could have done? The only criticism really could be when he hit Brown rather than waited for the play to develop a bit more and hit Lamb for a TD. In his defence there's no guarantee Lamb would have caught it based on his subsequent horrific drop and what was impressive about Rush's game was how quickly he processed the field, assessed his reads and threw the ball before taking a sack. Given this approach there was always a chance he might miss a potential play like this. Furthermore, whilst commentating, Romo has (reluctantly) highlighted countless examples where Prescott has missed plays by leaving yards and points on the field by not processing his reads properly. So for those that claim Prescott would have made the play to Lamb...that's the classic type of play he has failed to see over the past 6 years!

Back to the game, the Cowboys' offense put up 23 points. Lamb dropped a dolly for a huge play that likely ends up in a TD either for himself or by being grounded within 5 yards of the end zone with three downs to come. 7 points were left on the field through no fault of Rush. A further 4 points were left on the field by the officials failing to call defensive PI which would have put the ball on the 1 yard line. 11 points left on the field thus far. There was also a drop by the rookie and Lamb didn't try and fight for a very catchable ball - both would have been within field goal range. Potential for at least 3 points on another drive.

This isn't a Prescott hating post it's more highlighting that before believing sweeping statements from people do some of your own research and formulate your own views not a biased one to fit someone else's agenda and narrative.

Having researched the last two games against the Giants it's interesting how similar the performances were (at least statistically) from Rush and Prescott and also showed the gameplan by Moore was balanced in terms of passing and rushing. This also counters the argument that Moore would have definitely opened up the play book if Prescott had played...perhaps slightly, but probably not so much based on the previous meeting between the two teams which worked so well and given how Prescott played in week 1 and having not played a snap preseason.

Any way, I digress - more of the same balanced offense regardless of who is playing the quarterback position please!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why are you doing this? This exaggeration is unnecessary.

Of course it doesn't have to be a super. Compete, win against good teams. Show your force and will.

Last year, even Moutaineer and Pappy gave Dak credit early in the season. It is proof you are lying.

So you think winning the first 2-3 games when he turns will quiet his critics?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you think winning the first 2-3 games when he turns will quiet his critics?
I don't know but that isn't what you said.

I think any player that plays well...and mostly wins...are good.

I think any player that doesn't...isn't.

All QB's get the majority of criticism. Especially ones that have been given the reigns, given the contract, given the stamp of "leadership".

Your original statement was he MUST win the super...I still disagree with that. Early 2021 is proof you are wrong. He got a LOT of credit from even his worst critics.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO, if Dallas cuts back on 2 or 3 dumb penalties/mistakes and the refs call at least some of the Giants' holding then Dallas wins the Giants game 30-3. That game was a complete blowout that was held closer by stupid crap. The talent disparity between the teams was significant and noticeable.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Especially ones that have been given the reigns, given the contract, given the stamp of "leadership"

This .........makes my point. I stand by what I said, he needs to win Super Bowl to quiet some of his critics. If you see it differently, cool, I'm not one to go back and forth, let's move on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
All this nonsense from some people claiming the Cowboys would have blown out the Giants with Prescott as QB based on what exactly!?

Previous results from years back against the Giants are largely irrelevant given the personnel involved. E.g., The Giants came into this game 2-0 with decent coaches and a different team including a healthy Barkley - their best player. The Defense had only allowed 16 points against the Panthers and 20 points away to the Titans in their previous two games. Even if you insist upon looking back at the corresponding game against an inferior Giants team from last season, well then let's do that.

It finished 21-6 with the Giants 4-10 - essentially a dead rubber for them. On Sunday it was 23-16 with the Giants 2-0 at the time

Prescott had a QBR of 98.6. 28/37 with 217 yards. 5.9 yards per attempt. 1 TD and 0 Interceptions. 14 passing 1st downs.
37 passing plays and 30 rushing plays.

Rush had a QBR of 98.2. 21/31 with 215 yards. 6.9 yards per attempt. 1 TD and 0 Interceptions. 12 passing 1st downs.
31 passing plays and 30 rushing plays.

Cowboys rushed for over 100 yards in both games.

Prescott played a real tidy game as did Rush - but I don't see a lot of difference. Do you? Whereas you have clowns like Dave Helmet insisting it would have been a blow out with Prescott at QB. He used to cover the Cowboys yet when commenting in his latest media role last week he couldn't even remember how many play off wins the team had with Romo as QB. Interesting as that in itself indicates an inherent dislike for Romo. Anything to do with Prescott he will know all his Kirk Cousins type stats. Don't you worry about that!

So what did Rush do badly that only Prescott could have done? The only criticism really could be when he hit Brown rather than waited for the play to develop a bit more and hit Lamb for a TD. In his defence there's no guarantee Lamb would have caught it based on his subsequent horrific drop and what was impressive about Rush's game was how quickly he processed the field, assessed his reads and threw the ball before taking a sack. Given this approach there was always a chance he might miss a potential play like this. Furthermore, whilst commentating, Romo has (reluctantly) highlighted countless examples where Prescott has missed plays by leaving yards and points on the field by not processing his reads properly. So for those that claim Prescott would have made the play to Lamb...that's the classic type of play he has failed to see over the past 6 years!

Back to the game, the Cowboys' offense put up 23 points. Lamb dropped a dolly for a huge play that likely ends up in a TD either for himself or by being grounded within 5 yards of the end zone with three downs to come. 7 points were left on the field through no fault of Rush. A further 4 points were left on the field by the officials failing to call defensive PI which would have put the ball on the 1 yard line. 11 points left on the field thus far. There was also a drop by the rookie and Lamb didn't try and fight for a very catchable ball - both would have been within field goal range. Potential for at least 3 points on another drive.

This isn't a Prescott hating post it's more highlighting that before believing sweeping statements from people do some of your own research and formulate your own views not a biased one to fit someone else's agenda and narrative.

Having researched the last two games against the Giants it's interesting how similar the performances were (at least statistically) from Rush and Prescott and also showed the gameplan by Moore was balanced in terms of passing and rushing. This also counters the argument that Moore would have definitely opened up the play book if Prescott had played...perhaps slightly, but probably not so much based on the previous meeting between the two teams which worked so well and given how Prescott played in week 1 and having not played a snap preseason.

Any way, I digress - more of the same balanced offense regardless of who is playing the quarterback position please!

Dallas 1st meeting with NY last season Dak and the offense put of 44 points Dak had 3 TD passes and QB rating of 116 on the game. What was the response by the Dak critical oh it was just the NY giants. You are right that Rush is going out there and doing what he can do to help this team win, but I think most at least understand that the defense was a big factor in this win, Cowboys could get nothing going until late in the game with a TD, Turpin punt return set Dallas up for the final 3 points of the game and defense finished any comeback by NY with the int. None of this is a knock on Rush, he has been thrown into a rough situation and yet helping this team, in the end remember it is the NY Giants