CFZ Dak looked a bit nervous last night on the sideline

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Not saying he wanted to lose the game, but the pans over to him randomly, you can tell he knows what's up right now. And it's not him.

I was there Week 1, and I haven't heard an individual player get booed like that in a long, long time.

You realize it was a close game until mid 4th quarter, right? Ever stop to think he was just nervous that, you know, they might take an L? I'm sure he wants to get the job back with a winning record.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had been figured out and defensed
Either they move him out of the pocket, or he's done in the NFL. With his lack of velocity and accuracy he may be done no matter what.
Too bad, I like the kid

erod

Reaction score
You realize it was a close game until mid 4th quarter, right? Ever stop to think he was just nervous that, you know, they might take an L? I'm sure he wants to get the job back with a winning record.
I'm sure he does, too. But I'm also sure he knows what awaits him upon his return.

He's been crap since the Denver game last year. That a 10+ game stretch.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Even after a nice win this board is filled with agenda posts, “I told you so” posts, comments about how everyone who said player x stunk after 3 games has now been proven wrong and needs to admit it…what happened to just rooting for our team and being happy with a win? Damn, was football so much better before internet know-it-alls started with “my guys vs your guys” arguments on our same team…

offlimits

Reaction score
That face last night. That's the face of "oh crap," and now Dak is running to microphones insisting his thumb is healing lightning fast. He knows he need to head this off now while he believes he still has the chance.

But it's too late. Ship done sailed.

Jerry is getting that bounce in his step, not just from the wins, but from all the positive hubbub about his team so suddenly. Jerry has always been about the here-and-now and the buzz, and right now the league is aflutter with Cooper and the Cowboys. Jerry is blushing with giddiness.

Dak notices. And he's concerned. He was on the other side of this equation not so many years ago.

Cooper Rush is not the future of Dallas Cowboys football, nor is he actually setting the league on fire. However, he is showing that he knows how to play the position with poise and limited skill when tasked to do so, as a good backup quarterback should. The Cowboys quite obviously have a very good backup QB, and we didn't even really know it until now.

Therein lies the sudden problem. Dak knows the starter here is equally as limited, but without the poise and willingness to get the ball out quickly to intermediate routes with anticipatory throws. Dak takes so many unnecessary sacks that Rush does not, and his scatter-gun arm shrivels up and hides when it's time to take the shot to often.

What really caught my eye last night, and I'm sure Dak's, were two throws from Rush when he reached back and put some mustard on the ball. One to Noah Brown over the middle, and one to CeeDee on the crucial 4th down. I didn't know he had that ability, but he ripped those throws on a line.

After Barkley scored and put the Giants up, Rush settled the offense and led them to 17 points in the next three possessions. That's good stuff when it mattered most in that game, which could have been a 34-10 whooping if the Cowboys would have just gotten out of their own way at times.

The other thing you see is a sudden confidence amidst the poise with Rush. He now knows he's long for this league one way or the other. He's got Chase Daniel money coming his way now, and the team is responding to him. Yet another observation Dak has made as well, no doubt.

As I stated last week, there's a hornet's nest awaiting Dak coming out of this injury, and he'd better be ready to be a very different quarterback when it gets here. He got booed out of the stadium in Week 1, and the natives are not pining for him to return. A bad beginning is going to bring the fan base down on him worse than this run of injuries he's had.

Worse yet, what eyes will be looking back at him in the huddle? "Glad you're back," or "where's Cooper?" What will those eyes be saying?

Dak is at the precipice of proving himself once and for all, or losing his place here forever. This is it, and his face last night looked like he knew it.

Your entire premise is silly. Dak got paid and he could retire tomorrow and live a wonderful life... he won't be scrambling to pay the rent.

offlimits

Reaction score

You are correct... but Rush stepped up and made the throws late to win the game.

erod

Reaction score
Your entire premise is silly. Dak got paid and he could retire tomorrow and live a wonderful life... he won't be scrambling to pay the rent.
You think Dak's financial position makes a good point? I haven't worried about money in 20 years either, but how is that relevant?

I hope you enjoy Dak's life comfort level. I promise he won't be sharing any of it with you.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Princess liked collecting his 40 million but I do not believe that he is enjoying the change in expectations that came along with that. His days of being the beloved 4th round pick who can do no wrong are over. He is quickly turning into the often injured and over paid princess that is annoying to everyone and is being outplayed by a practice squad guy. He needs to get himself going again and fast. IMHO if the offense went back to a 2016 approach that used his mobility as a primary weapon we could see a return to form. As it stands the powers that be appear to insist that he becomes the next Tom Brady from the pocket unfortunately that seems like a pipe dream.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
That face last night. That's the face of "oh crap," and now Dak is running to microphones insisting his thumb is healing lightning fast. He knows he need to head this off now while he believes he still has the chance.

Jerry is getting that bounce in his step, not just from the wins, but from all the positive hubbub about his team so suddenly. Jerry has always been about the here-and-now and the buzz, and right now the league is aflutter with Cooper and the Cowboys. Jerry is blushing with giddiness.

Dak notices. And he's concerned. He was on the other side of this equation not so many years ago.

Cooper Rush is not the future of Dallas Cowboys football, nor is he actually setting the league on fire. However, he is showing that he knows how to play the position with poise and limited skill when tasked to do so, as a good backup quarterback should. The Cowboys quite obviously have a very good backup QB, and we didn't even really know it until now.

Therein lies the sudden problem. Dak knows the starter here is equally as limited, but without the poise and willingness to get the ball out quickly to intermediate routes with anticipatory throws. Dak takes so many unnecessary sacks that Rush does not, and his scatter-gun arm shrivels up and hides when it's time to take the shot to often.

What really caught my eye last night, and I'm sure Dak's, were two throws from Rush when he reached back and put some mustard on the ball. One to Noah Brown over the middle, and one to CeeDee on the crucial 4th down. I didn't know he had that ability, but he ripped those throws on a line.

After Barkley scored and put the Giants up, Rush settled the offense and led them to 17 points in the next three possessions. That's good stuff when it mattered most in that game, which could have been a 34-10 whooping if the Cowboys would have just gotten out of their own way at times.

The other thing you see is a sudden confidence amidst the poise with Rush. He now knows he's long for this league one way or the other. He's got Chase Daniel money coming his way now, and the team is responding to him. Yet another observation Dak has made as well, no doubt.

As I stated last week, there's a hornet's nest awaiting Dak coming out of this injury, and he'd better be ready to be a very different quarterback when it gets here. He got booed out of the stadium in Week 1, and the natives are not pining for him to return. A bad beginning is going to bring the fan base down on him worse than this run of injuries he's had.

Worse yet, what eyes will be looking back at him in the huddle? "Glad you're back," or "where's Cooper?" What will those eyes be saying?

Dak is at the precipice of proving himself once and for all, or losing his place here forever. This is it, and his face last night looked like he knew it.

Projection, not just a Bell and Howell product.

erod

Reaction score
Projection, not just a Bell and Howell product.
Nope.

The bloom is gone. He heard it Week 1, and now he's watching the aftermath unfold. He now knows he's the problem, not the solution, and the rest of league knows it, too.

Rush should be the backup for someone else.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our offense was #1 last year with Dak. Cooper has done everything we've needed him to do, but points are more of a struggle with him. He seems to be getting acclimated with Brown, CeeDee and the young tight ends so that's a good thing, but Dak is our best quarterback. Don't let the bad opening game skew your view - the entire offense was awful that game. Overall, we have done well with Dak. There are some organizational issues he hasn't been able to overcome, but I don't blame Dak or Rush for that. Rush might be the best backup in the league and we are fortunate to have him. I hope he remains undefeated with his opportunities his entire career, but Dak has proven that we can score way more points with him at the helm. If the defense keeps trending toward Doomsday III and the offense gets back to averaging 30 plus, the players might overcome those organizational issues after all - regardless of who is at QB. Up to this point, Dak has shown he can lead the team to more TD scores per game. That is what we need.

Booger

Reaction score

Thank God for chest waders.

shabazz

Reaction score
I wouldn’t look nervous if I knew I was getting paid 95 million dollars in fully guaranteed money…….but it’s not a great look to see an UDFA with 3 career starts make his job look easy to fill.

I’m more worried about how Tad is taking it…….