Dak lost a couple of steps

Silly

Reaction score
I don't know. For a guy with a bum ankle he moves like Seabiscuit.

Brax

Reaction score
As far as scrambling. This isn't a knock Dak thread but there where a couple of times where he normally would have outrun a guy or turned the corner on another but he got caught. I could see it and it sucks cause it was a nice little extra weapon to use when everyone is covered. Hope he gains his mobility back or at least around 90% but thursday night he looked like mobility wise he was only around 60-70% what he used to be.
I thought he looked great running, he never ran very fast to begin with and at this point he looks to be 100%.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak had much better pocket presence this game than he normally does, though he also had really good blocking up front.

I thought so too.

If his pocket presence has improved and continues to stay that way. Then scrambling won’t really be needed much either. QB’s who navigate the pocket and get rid of the ball are typically more successful over time than a scrambling QB

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am holding off on saying anything like that. It was his first game since a major injury. He took off once with the ball and looked pretty good. That had to be a relief for him. He will get better as the season goes on. And I would say he did pretty good for a start. He will get more comfortable.

Brax

Reaction score
You need to read the whole article the cuff disappears
The Mayo clinic say's "Bones don’t grow back stronger. When your bone heals from a break, it forms a hard callous around the fracture. Over time, the bone remodels and the callous fades. The remaining remodeled bone is then nearly the same as the surrounding tissue." My Orthopedic Dr. told me the same thing a year or two no stronger if you ever had a ankle reset you would see the a large difference in size after about 7 months the ankle returns to the normal size and strength, I'll take the mayo clinic and a actual Dr. view and my first hand knowledge over a myth and not the naked scientists. You believe what you want. Dak is fully healed that means his bone is the same strength.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You need to read the whole article the cuff disappears
The Mayo clinic say's "Bones don’t grow back stronger. When your bone heals from a break, it forms a hard callous around the fracture. Over time, the bone remodels and the callous fades. The remaining remodeled bone is then nearly the same as the surrounding tissue." My Orthopedic Dr. told me the same thing a year or two no stronger if you ever had a ankle reset you would see the a large difference in size after about 7 months the ankle returns to the normal size and strength, I'll take the mayo clinic and a actual Dr. view and my first hand knowledge over a myth and not the naked scientists. You believe what you want. Dak is fully healed that means his bone is the same strength.
Some say they do like the one I posted.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
As far as scrambling. This isn't a knock Dak thread but there where a couple of times where he normally would have outrun a guy or turned the corner on another but he got caught. I could see it and it sucks cause it was a nice little extra weapon to use when everyone is covered. Hope he gains his mobility back or at least around 90% but thursday night he looked like mobility wise he was only around 60-70% what he used to be.
I've dogged the hell out of Dak the last couple of years, but after watching him play last Thursday night I'm on his bandwagon. Sure he looked a little slow of foot but it was his first game back give him a couple of games to get his footing back. As for the passing game, he looked as sharp as a tack and it it weren't for Lambs dropped passes the Boys could of or should I say should of beat Tampa. I have extremely high hopes for Dak and this team this year. How Bout Those Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He hasn’t lost a step. He has simply chosen not to get the snot knocked out of him (again).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He was running from a LB that runs a 4.37.
I am guessing we will see Dak lose speed over time but not sure getting ran down by that Tampa front 7 is new.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/health/19really.html

"As a result, there may be a brief period in the healing process when the fracture site is stronger than the surrounding bone. But they later reach equal strength, and the fracture site is no more or less likely to break again. Dr. Amaral said that in studies in which healed bones were subjected to bending and twisting forces, the repaired bones were capable of breaking anywhere, including the fracture site. “They never comment that it’s stronger or weaker than the rest of the bone,” he said.

THE BOTTOM LINE Healed bones are not stronger than they were before a fracture.

"After a broken bone has healed, it’s stronger than it was before

This sounds too good to be true and, in the long-term, it is too good to be true. But there is some truth to it in the short term. While healing, a cuff or callous of extra-strong new bone forms around the fracture to protect it. So, it is true that a few weeks into healing process, the bone at the break is stronger than a normal bone. But eventually this cuff diminishes, and a few years later you’re left with a bone that might be as good as new, but is no stronger than the equivalent bones nearby."

Nice try though.