Dak, McCarthy and Jerry

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dak hasn't won much in 8 years...McCarthy hasn't won anything in 3 years. Jerry hasn't put a winning team together in 28 years.... This team we have now have finished 12-5 each year for 3 years. Minus the Dak or Jerry years. I think we all would take these last 3 years. Even the Dak years for 8 years when you look at them aren't bad. I mean how many quarterbacks have a SB or even been to a SB in 8 years? Then you get to Jerry....28 years .....NOTHING!!!!!! Dallas is one of the few teams that hasn't even sniffed a SB in 28 years. Haven't even been to a Divisional Championship in 28 years. So, I'm asking fans to look at these three columns. Which is worse????? If you look at McCarthy's. I have to say that's pretty damn good for 3 years 36-15. Looking at Dak's column I'd say he's right at the point where most guys get to a SB. Looking at Jerry's??? He's trending toward the 50 year mark of the Lions versus any trend near McCarthy's or Dak's. What I'm trying to say-I guess- is to be a little more patient. If you look at it from the Jerry column. Well, it sucks. From Dak's it's getting there. I think 10 should be the limit here for quarterbacks....But Mike isn't even at 5. How many teams not Jimmy Johnson have won SB's the first 5 years of the new coach??? If you look at it in these extremes, I think it's clear we're being somewhat stupid in our whining. Dallas per average under McCarthy and Dak. Are right on time per NFL averages...

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Dallas won't even see 12 wins with a lame-duck-HC. No one will buy in. I predict MM gets fired by game 6.
I hope this doesn't happen. As I said at the top. Dallas is trending right where most teams win a Championship. 5 years. That's under McCarthy's timeline. Sometimes right when you have the winning ticket-you toss it away. 8 years for a quarterback is not a long time for a guy to win a title. 3 years for a coach-that's actually winning-definitely isn't a long time. People put this in perspective? It's not that long...

GMO415

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen. As I said at the top. Dallas is trending right where most teams win a Championship. 5 years. That's under McCarthy of course. Sometimes right when you have the winning ticket-you toss it away. 8 years for a quarterback is not a long time for a guy to win a title. 3 years for a coach-that's winning-definately isn't a long time. People put this in perspective? It's not that long...
These are the most distracted, laziest players I've seen in the past 53 years being a Cowboys fan.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak hasn't won much in 8 years...McCarthy hasn't won anything in 3 years. Jerry hasn't put a winning team together in 28 years.... This team we have now have finished 12-5 each year for 3 years. Minus the Dak or Jerry years. I think we all would take these last 3 years. Even the Dak years for 8 years when you look at them aren't bad. I mean how many quarterbacks have a SB or even been to a SB in 8 years? Then you get to Jerry....28 years .....NOTHING!!!!!! Dallas is one of the few teams that hasn't even sniffed a SB in 28 years. Haven't even been to a Divisional Championship in 28 years. So, I'm asking fans to look at these three columns. Which is worse????? If you look at McCarthy's. I have to say that's pretty damn good for 3 years 36-15. Looking at Dak's column I'd say he's right at the point where most guys get to a SB. Looking at Jerry's??? He's trending toward the 50 year mark of the Lions versus any trend near McCarthy's or Dak's. What I'm trying to say-I guess- is to be a little more patient. If you look at it from the Jerry column. Well, it sucks. From Dak's it's getting there. I think 10 should be the limit here for quarterbacks....But Mike isn't even at 5. How many teams not Jimmy Johnson have won SB's the first 5 years of the new coach??? If you look at it in these extremes, I think it's clear we're being somewhat stupid in our whining. Dallas per average under McCarthy and Dak. Are right on time per NFL averages...
Exactly. Well said!

It's the biggest reason why I have complained for everyone to stop whining so much. This team under McCarthy, Dak, etc has actually improved greatly compared to the Garrett years. Give it 2 more years. They should be able to get and perform better if the right tweaks are made. Patience is a virtue.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen. As I said at the top. Dallas is trending right where most teams win a Championship. 5 years. That's under McCarthy's timeline. Sometimes right when you have the winning ticket-you toss it away. 8 years for a quarterback is not a long time for a guy to win a title. 3 years for a coach-that's actually winning-definitely isn't a long time. People put this in perspective? It's not that long...
It's the way they are losing. They are getting worse each year. If they were taking baby steps to get there then that's one thing but why would anyone think next year will be any different?

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Exactly. Well said!

It's the biggest reason why I have complained for everyone to stop whining so much. This team under McCarthy, Dak, etc has actually improved greatly compared to the Garrett years. Give it 2 more years. They should be able to get and perform better if the right tweaks are made. Patience is a virtue.
Yep. I've been guilty of this to as far as Dak and McCarthy goes. I mean we have no playoff wins in 3 years under McCarthy-yet been to the playoffs all 3 years. And 2 Divisional titles to boot. I say give Dak and McCarthy 2 more years. That would be 10 for Dak. 5 for McCarthy. Divide it you get 2....Give em 2 more...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's the way they are losing. They are getting worse each year. If they were taking baby steps to get there then that's one thing but why would anyone think next year will be any different?
How are they getting worse???? They won 2 Divisional titles and made it to the playoffs all 3 years McCarthy's been here. REALLY :facepalm: You could say they are trending bad in the playoffs. But you know how many years it took Tom Landry to get to a Championship game? Nearly 10 years or more. Just wonder if they were impatient as some of you in here are :facepalm: The 70's dominance would of never occurred.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
I agree to a point, but this year should've been a bigger step forward. #2 seed, possibility of 2 home games and not just a loss but an embarrassing one at that to the 7th seed. Next year these timelines mean nothing at all if the same outcome continues. Unfortunately I just don't see a team that exudes any confidence. Lets' hope that changes drastically next January.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Correcting myself...It took Jimmy 4 years. So if some guys had their way. Dallas would of never won 3 Super Bowls in the 90's. Jimmy would of been fired going into his 4th year...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I agree to a point, but this year should've been a bigger step forward. #2 seed, possibility of 2 home games and not just a loss but an embarrassing one at that to the 7th seed. Next year these timelines mean nothing at all if the same outcome continues. Unfortunately I just don't see a team that exudes any confidence. Lets' hope that changes drastically next January.
Agree...But this is more on Mike. He needs to change something in the club house. Way above my pay grade to say what it is.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Don't be surprised when McCarthy gets an extension next year.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Exactly. Well said!

Any day now...

8 seasons in the NFL is 2.5 careers - give or take. We're about to be 3 NFL careers into Dak's "tenure"...and you advocate for "patience"? Landry would have had Dak alternating snaps...and Jimmy would have held him out as trade bait 4 years ago. "PATIENCE"?

Mikexike

Reaction score
Great, Lets just celebrate division titles for another 2 years.....

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Any day now...

8 seasons in the NFL is 2.5 careers - give or take. We're about to be 3 NFL careers into Dak's "tenure"...and you advocate for "patience"? Landry would have had Dak alternating snaps...and Jimmy would have held him out as trade bait 4 years ago. "PATIENCE"?
Jimmy would of not gotten rid of a q.b.going 12-5 his first 3 years. Really?? :muttley: Jimmy would of fixed the rest of the team to play better. Aikman wasn't even Dak his first 3 years. Look at each players numbers their first 3 years. Landry his first 3 years were laughable. With an expansion team. Really???? Dak had Garrett for 5 years and that shouldn't be held against any player:facepalm::rolleyes:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Jimmy would of not gotten rid of a q.b.going 12-5 his first 3 years. Really?? :muttley: Jimmy would of fixed the rest of the team to play better. Aikman wasn't even Dak his first 3 years. Look at each players numbers their first 3 years. Landry his first 3 years were laughable. With an expansion team. Really???? Dak had Garrett for 5 years and that shouldn't be held against any player:facepalm::rolleyes:
Jimmy would have seen that Dak was "middling" at got rid of him. Jimmy has been PUBLIC about his disbelief that a QB can improve on accuracy (in general). Sure they can get more accurate, but you can't make them accurate if they weren't in the first place. And Jimmy is also big on performance under pressure...Dak can't do it. Jimmy most assuredly wouldn't have hitched his ego to Prescott...or if he did, he damned sure would have made him earn that job. He did it for Troy...so...

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jimmy would have seen that Dak was "middling" at got rid of him. Jimmy has been PUBLIC about his disbelief that a QB can improve on accuracy (in general). Sure they can get more accurate, but you can't make them accurate if they weren't in the first place. And Jimmy is also big on performance under pressure...Dak can't do it. Jimmy most assuredly wouldn't have hitched his ego to Prescott...or if he did, he damned sure would have made him earn that job. He did it for Troy...so...
So now Dak is not accurate.

Pro Football Focus recently charted the most accurate NFL quarterbacks from last season and Prescott is ranked in the top 5 on 'accurate' and 'catchable but inaccurate' throws. Prescott is rated No. 3 in accurate throws (65.5 percent) and No. 1 in catchable but inaccurate (15.3).