Dak, McCarthy and Jerry

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Dak's first year was just as good as CJ's so good luck with that. My point precisely....One year under McCarthy- Dak is in the MVP conversation... Thank -you for that...In Dak's head.= McCarthy or a Sports phycologist...Maybe something our worthless owner/GM should be working on....
LOL. Dak had a stacked team LITTERED WITH PRO BOWLERS. CJ took Dak's castoffs - Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz - and made them look like #1 options. Even did something Dak didn't - win a playoff game with them.

Dak had Zeke in his A-1 prime in 2016...who did CJ have.

Good Luck? I feel like Mahomes...the nerve.

The passing ability, the pedigree, the accuracy...Dak can't touch CJ NOW. There's not a GM in the league who is taking Dak over CJ. Period. Blasphemy.

stiletto

Reaction score
Troy Aikman played on arguably the best football team ever assembled. His post seasons stats were, meh, but because he has 3 rings he is idolized.
Horrid take. Aikman earned his spot on that team and in the playoffs he had ice in his veins even after the start in the 94 NFC championship. Warrior, anit-Dak pretty much come playoffs.. it is what it is.

stiletto

Reaction score
LOL. Dak had a stacked team LITTERED WITH PRO BOWLERS. CJ took Dak's castoffs - Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz - and made them look like #1 options. Even did something Dak didn't - win a playoff game with them.

Dak had Zeke in his A-1 prime in 2016...who did CJ have.

Good Luck? I feel like Mahomes...the nerve.

The passing ability, the pedigree, the accuracy...Dak can't touch CJ NOW. There's not a GM in the league who is taking Dak over CJ. Period. Blasphemy.
It's kind of sad realists have to disparage Dak to make people understand it. I think you, like me, don't hate Dak. (there are others that do which I don't understand either).. We just don't get the blindness to the futility of the situation. After Dak's rookie year, I personally thought we might've gotten lucky. That was 8 years ago and plenty of chances given. Geez....it's over. It's better to move on. People are holding on to the "used to be hot in high school" thing, quite honestly.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
3 years is 3 years...On any place on Earth that is. Go to Mars you can change the year from one Earth year equals 2 Mars years. I said Dallas coaches in their first 3 years. McCarthy has had 3 years- that was the only qualifier. You play in the division you play in. We're in the NFC East...We won it...this year. McCarthy has been to the playoffs 3 straight years. How many teams have done that????
It doesn't matter. Division titles don't matter any more. The only reason to win it is to get a better position in the playoffs and this team isn't playoff ready. That falls on the coach. And now we have family members of players acting out on twitter. We are nothing but a circus.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Horrid take. Aikman earned his spot on that team and in the playoffs he had ice in his veins even after the start in the 94 NFC championship. Warrior, anit-Dak pretty much come playoffs.. it is what it is.
People don't remember what that team was like when Troy joined it. They all grew into a team together. Nobody even knew they were great until after they won the SB. They were underdogs to beat the 49ers in the NFCCG.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Dak's playoff and big game collapses are a self fulfilling prophecy that will only be worse now. There is so much noise after this one, I don't believe there is anyway he can mentally handle the pressure.

Einstein

Reaction score
Dak hasn't won much in 8 years...McCarthy hasn't won anything in 3 years. Jerry hasn't put a winning team together in 28 years.... This team we have now have finished 12-5 each year for 3 years. Minus the Dak or Jerry years. I think we all would take these last 3 years. Even the Dak years for 8 years when you look at them aren't bad. I mean how many quarterbacks have a SB or even been to a SB in 8 years? Then you get to Jerry....28 years .....NOTHING!!!!!! Dallas is one of the few teams that hasn't even sniffed a SB in 28 years. Haven't even been to a Divisional Championship in 28 years. So, I'm asking fans to look at these three columns. Which is worse????? If you look at McCarthy's. I have to say that's pretty damn good for 3 years 36-15. Looking at Dak's column I'd say he's right at the point where most guys get to a SB. Looking at Jerry's??? He's trending toward the 50 year mark of the Lions versus any trend near McCarthy's or Dak's. What I'm trying to say-I guess- is to be a little more patient. If you look at it from the Jerry column. Well, it sucks. From Dak's it's getting there. I think 10 should be the limit here for quarterbacks....But Mike isn't even at 5. How many teams not Jimmy Johnson have won SB's the first 5 years of the new coach??? If you look at it in these extremes, I think it's clear we're being somewhat stupid in our whining. Dallas per average under McCarthy and Dak. Are right on time per NFL averages...
Not that I disagree with the thinking here, but the problem is with Dak at 8 years, and basically needing a new contract, he'll go past the 10 you said we should give him, and there's not much we can do about it without being in cap hell.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
It's kind of sad realists have to disparage Dak to make people understand it. I think you, like me, don't hate Dak. (there are others that do which I don't understand either).. We just don't get the blindness to the futility of the situation. After Dak's rookie year, I personally thought we might've gotten lucky. That was 8 years ago and plenty of chances given. Geez....it's over. It's better to move on. People are holding on to the "used to be hot in high school" thing, quite honestly.
You were there on the other board so you know how much I championed Dak as a replacement for Romo. And the thing is...I did it NOT because Romo was the worst QB in the NFL, but rather because I had SEEN ENOUGH. Maybe Romo had gotten over choking...but I didn't want to spend another 16 games in year 11 to find out.

The same is true now with Prescott. Love him...but...he chokes. If he played well and we had some unfortunate bounces or late game INT...maybe. But he WETS THE BED THE ENTIRE GAME...except when the backups are in the game AND it is decided.

Now...how could I rightly judge Romo but excuse Dak? This is a false divide if your standard is the SuperBowl. Different QB, different men, but similar grades: INADEQUATE.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Not that I disagree with the thinking here, but the problem is with Dak at 8 years, and basically needing a new contract, he'll go past the 10 you said we should give him, and there's not much we can do about it without being in cap hell.
That gives him 2 years. You bring in another quarterback? How many years would it take him to get to even this point??? It's a crap shoot and Jerry has been rolling snake eyes for 28 years...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dak, McCarthy, and Jerry. "A choker, a buffet killer, and a team killer walk into a bar and the bartender says what can I get you, loser Cowboys."

vig454

Reaction score
Dak hasn't won much in 8 years...McCarthy hasn't won anything in 3 years. Jerry hasn't put a winning team together in 28 years.... This team we have now have finished 12-5 each year for 3 years. Minus the Dak or Jerry years. I think we all would take these last 3 years. Even the Dak years for 8 years when you look at them aren't bad. I mean how many quarterbacks have a SB or even been to a SB in 8 years? Then you get to Jerry....28 years .....NOTHING!!!!!! Dallas is one of the few teams that hasn't even sniffed a SB in 28 years. Haven't even been to a Divisional Championship in 28 years. So, I'm asking fans to look at these three columns. Which is worse????? If you look at McCarthy's. I have to say that's pretty damn good for 3 years 36-15. Looking at Dak's column I'd say he's right at the point where most guys get to a SB. Looking at Jerry's??? He's trending toward the 50 year mark of the Lions versus any trend near McCarthy's or Dak's. What I'm trying to say-I guess- is to be a little more patient. If you look at it from the Jerry column. Well, it sucks. From Dak's it's getting there. I think 10 should be the limit here for quarterbacks....But Mike isn't even at 5. How many teams not Jimmy Johnson have won SB's the first 5 years of the new coach??? If you look at it in these extremes, I think it's clear we're being somewhat stupid in our whining. Dallas per average under McCarthy and Dak. Are right on time per NFL averages...
Instead of us having the triplets, we having the 3 Stooges.:facepalm:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Instead of us having the triplets, we having the 3 Stooges.:facepalm:
Maybe we should just show on paper our starting lineups from the 90's and today's team. It is really not hard to see the difference level in talent.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe we should just show on paper our starting lineups from the 90's and today's team. It is really not hard to see the difference level in talent.
Show the rosters of the other perennial contenders as well. They were all stacked before FA hit. Also, defenses were actually allowed to play defense. You can't compare Troy's stats to Daks because Dak plays in a league where WRs are running wide open and you cant touch the QB or blast the ball out of the WRs hands without getting flagged, fined, and sometimes suspended. It's apples and oranges.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Win
Show the rosters of the other perennial contenders as well. They were all stacked before FA hit. Also, defenses were actually allowed to play defense. You can't compare Troy's stats to Daks because Dak plays in a league where WRs are running wide open and you cant touch the QB or blast the ball out of the WRs hands without getting flagged, fined, and sometimes suspended. It's apples and oranges.
Win % is still win %.

Jarntt

Reaction score
"Dak, McCarthy and Jerry"

Not exactly "Willie, Mickey and the Duke"