CFZ Dak might be the best NFC quarterback in the playoffs

erod

Reaction score
Looky what we have here....

In my mind, there are 5 legitimate teams in the NFL right now. Buffalo, KC, Philly, Dallas, and San Fran. The rest are maybe average at best and mostly just gawd awful garbage. This is the weakest NFL I've seen in my lifetime.

As such, an interesting development is occurring. Dak Prescott might be the best QB of the NFC teams that make the playoffs. Seriously.

Unless Rodgers or Brady figure out how to resurrect their catatonic teams, the candidates are Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, Matt Stafford, and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford seem to be on the outside looking in. All three are running for their lives. So Dak and Cousins might the class of the NFC playoffs.

So attrition aside - and injuries will decide much of this - the Cowboys' ability to run the ball and play defense is quite formidable, along with Dak and his tight-end trio of goodness. Another wide receiver is unnecessary.

San Francisco is the scariest if they get it figured out. Philly is half good and half fraudulent because of a cupcake schedule, and none of the rest concern me in the least. Again, attrition aside.

Let Buffalo and KC laugh at the NFC for now; here's hoping the Cowboys can earn a chance to try them. Not a team in the NFL wants to go against this Dallas front if it's healthy come playoff time.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

DenCWBY

Reaction score

In my mind, there are 5 legitimate teams in the NFL right now. Buffalo, KC, Philly, Dallas, and San Fran. The rest are maybe average at best and mostly just gawd awful garbage. This is the weakest NFL I've seen in my lifetime.

As such, an interesting development is occurring. Dak Prescott might be the best QB of the NFC teams that make the playoffs. Seriously.

Unless Rodgers or Brady figure out how to resurrect their catatonic teams, the candidates are Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, Matt Stafford, and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford seem to be on the outside looking in. All three are running for their lives. So Dak and Cousins might the class of the NFC playoffs.

So attrition aside - and injuries will decide much of this - the Cowboys' ability to run the ball and play defense is quite formidable, along with Dak and his tight-end trio of goodness. Another wide receiver is unnecessary.

San Francisco is the scariest if they get it figured out. Philly is half good and half fraudulent because of a cupcake schedule, and none of the rest concern me in the least. Again, attrition aside.

Let Buffalo and KC laugh at the NFC for now; here's hoping the Cowboys can earn a chance to try them. Not a team in the NFL wants to go against this Dallas front if it's healthy come playoff time.
Yes, if we play against the Bears every week. We'll revisit at the end of Nov and you may be on to something.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right now all I want to see is the offense producing run and pass, if they do that this team will be fine. Just play within the scheme and understand you have a defense that can hold down the opponent

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Out of the current NFC teams in playoffs hunt , SF concerns me the most . They have only QB that’s been to a SB and a recent Champ game .

But yea, with LA, GB and Tampa down and the best 3 QB’s in NFC , it’s fair game and for the taking .

JayFord

Reaction score
Dak is a great QB and anyone who thinks otherwise can go back to 2000-2003 and rewatch every single QB we tried to replace Aikman with and see how well the offense moved the football

erod

Reaction score
Dak isn't even the best QB in the division right now if we're basing it off the current season.

Hurts, Cousins, and Geno have all clearly looked better than Dak has this year.

If the playoffs started today, I'd rank Dak 4th amongst the NFC playoff teams QBs.
Hurts and Geno are frauds. Cousins is basically Dak in a white man's body. Quarterbacking has gone the way of the do-do bird.

Given the constraints of their teams, Dak has the best chance to be the best of the bunch come playoff time.

Unless Rodgers or Brady can go full Lazarus in a hurry.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I'm not worried about what or who other teams have at QB. I only worry about what Dallas has. We need to be able to win in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We block great in the running game and for our passing game then I think Dak and our current offensive playmakers can get the job done. On the defensive side of the ball if we can continue to pressure the QB and fix our problems against the run then we will be fine. Beolw are my concerns:

OLine - We need to remain healthy and continue to get better - A healthy Tyron Smith rejoining the team could be a big boost
DLine/LBers - Need to correct these issues against the run.
Offensive Play calling - Need Moore to keep the offense balanced. We don't need him acting like Dak is Mahomes and slinging the ball 50 times a game - Let the run help Dak and mix in a little of Dak running the ball
Depth at CB - We are one injury away from Bossman or Wright entering the game - Scary thought based on the way those 2 have played when given chances

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hurts and Geno are frauds. Cousins is basically Dak in a white man's body. Quarterbacking has gone the way of the do-do bird.

Given the constraints of their teams, Dak has the best chance to be the best of the bunch come playoff time.

Unless Rodgers or Brady can go full Lazarus in a hurry.
You can call em whatever you like.

They are playing better than Dak is right now though.

Will that sustain that? It remains to be seen, but as of now they're just playing better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d say that the difference between Prescott, Hurts,Cousins and Garap is marginal at best.

Jimmy G proven success in playoffs stands out the most to me. The fact he was just in champ game and been to a SB stands out,

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

Lol. Best QB in the NFC? He’s not even the best in the East right now. Currently, I’d take Danny Dimes and Hurts over him as both of them are doing more with less.

As for the rest of the NFC, Geno Smith looks great and I’d take him over Dak. Kyler Murray and Kirk Cousins are right there with him. Rodgers is under the weather but I’d still take him. Jared Goff too even though he’s on a disaster of a team.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’ll need to see Dak play several more games healthy to make sure he is truly back to playing like himself but not a crazy argument.

NFC sucks this year…Hurts is having a good year, but kind of a gimmick / RPO offense. Geno is good - let’s see if he sustains. Cousins is good but at their best not as good as Dak.