CFZ Dak might be the best NFC quarterback in the playoffs

Nav22

Reaction score
You can call em whatever you like.

They are playing better than Dak is right now though.

Will that sustain that? It remains to be seen, but as of now they're just playing better.
This is why you’re dismissed as a know-nothing hater.

It’s perfectly fine to say “way too small a sample size of Dak this year to tell for sure.” That’s reasonable.

But acting like it’s just a FACT that Dak isn’t playing as well as Geno and Cousins right now?

That’s fraudulent, because you’re a fraud.
:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll need to see Dak play several more games healthy to make sure he is truly back to playing like himself but not a crazy argument.

NFC sucks this year…Hurts is having a good year, but kind of a gimmick / RPO offense. Geno is good - let’s see if he sustains. Cousins is good but at their best not as good as Dak.
It was nice to see him heat up some against the Bears. But...we have seen this before....I'd say.

Let's get to the playoffs...and win a couple at least. Before proclaiming him the best one there.

(yes I know...team game....okay sure.)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why you’re dismissed as a know-nothing hater.

It’s perfectly fine to say “way too small a sample size of Dak this year to tell for sure.” That’s reasonable.

But acting like it’s just a FACT that Dak isn’t playing as well as Geno and Cousins right now?

That’s fraudulent, because you’re a fraud.

I just checked the season stats. I couldn't find Dak. So..maybe the statement "not enough sample size" has a certain merit?

Nav22

Reaction score
I just checked the season stats. I couldn't find Dak. So..maybe the statement "not enough sample size" has a certain merit?
Uh, right, which is why I said “too small of a sample size” would be a reasonable response.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Looky what we have here....

In my mind, there are 5 legitimate teams in the NFL right now. Buffalo, KC, Philly, Dallas, and San Fran. The rest are maybe average at best and mostly just gawd awful garbage. This is the weakest NFL I've seen in my lifetime.

As such, an interesting development is occurring. Dak Prescott might be the best QB of the NFC teams that make the playoffs. Seriously.

Unless Rodgers or Brady figure out how to resurrect their catatonic teams, the candidates are Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, Matt Stafford, and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford seem to be on the outside looking in. All three are running for their lives. So Dak and Cousins might the class of the NFC playoffs.

So attrition aside - and injuries will decide much of this - the Cowboys' ability to run the ball and play defense is quite formidable, along with Dak and his tight-end trio of goodness. Another wide receiver is unnecessary.

San Francisco is the scariest if they get it figured out. Philly is half good and half fraudulent because of a cupcake schedule, and none of the rest concern me in the least. Again, attrition aside.

Let Buffalo and KC laugh at the NFC for now; here's hoping the Cowboys can earn a chance to try them. Not a team in the NFL wants to go against this Dallas front if it's healthy come playoff time.
Dak may be the biggest reason we will not win division nor win any championship game or Super Bowl. Middle of the pack Dak will fail eventually.

Nav22

Reaction score
It was nice to see him heat up some against the Bears. But...we have seen this before....I'd say.

Let's get to the playoffs...and win a couple at least. Before proclaiming him the best one there.

(yes I know...team game....okay sure.)
You think the best QB always wins the playoff games?

Dak and Rodgers are both better than Jimmy G. Last year’s postseason should’ve taught you something about this magical part of football called “the trenches.”

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You think the best QB always wins the playoff games?

Dak and Rodgers are both better than Jimmy G. Last year’s postseason should’ve taught you something about this magical part of football called “the trenches.”
Lol....i knew somebody would say it. Thats why i already said it at the end of the comment you quoted.
:laugh::muttley:
How come everyone says marino never won a super bowl?

817Gill

Reaction score
Dak may be the biggest reason we will not win division nor win any championship game or Super Bowl. Middle of the pack Dak will fail eventually.
By that logic all the teams in the NFC will fail. Other than Hurts and Smith, everyone else has been meh this season. I doubt Geno Smith keeps this up but good for him nonetheless, and Hurts has been outstanding but hasn’t faced any challenges yet.

We could easily have a whole NFC playoff of “middle of the pack” QB’s.

pitt33

Reaction score
Out of the current NFC teams in playoffs hunt , SF concerns me the most . They have only QB that’s been to a SB and a recent Champ game.
Totally agree.

Say what you want about Jimmy G. He’s been there. He can make some tight window throws…when things get tight.

The 49er’s are my choice to represent the NFC this year. They are a tough, hard nosed football team.

shabazz

Reaction score
I think he has the best opportunity “to be” the best quarterback come playoff time

so far he’s had, 1 bad game against the Bucs, 1 average game against the Lions and one tremendous game against the Bears…..without Rodgers,Brady and Stafford re-emerging come playoff time he may certainly outplay Hurts and Cousins come playoff time…..it’s very possible

and I hope that’s exactly what happens.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Lol. G

In my mind, there are 5 legitimate teams in the NFL right now. Buffalo, KC, Philly, Dallas, and San Fran. The rest are maybe average at best and mostly just gawd awful garbage. This is the weakest NFL I've seen in my lifetime.

As such, an interesting development is occurring. Dak Prescott might be the best QB of the NFC teams that make the playoffs. Seriously.

Unless Rodgers or Brady figure out how to resurrect their catatonic teams, the candidates are Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Kirk Cousins, Daniel Jones, Geno Smith, Marcus Mariota, Matt Stafford, and Dak Prescott.

Rodgers, Brady, and Stafford seem to be on the outside looking in. All three are running for their lives. So Dak and Cousins might the class of the NFC playoffs.

So attrition aside - and injuries will decide much of this - the Cowboys' ability to run the ball and play defense is quite formidable, along with Dak and his tight-end trio of goodness. Another wide receiver is unnecessary.

San Francisco is the scariest if they get it figured out. Philly is half good and half fraudulent because of a cupcake schedule, and none of the rest concern me in the least. Again, attrition aside.

Let Buffalo and KC laugh at the NFC for now; here's hoping the Cowboys can earn a chance to try them. Not a team in the NFL wants to go against this Dallas front if it's healthy come playoff time.
Lol good one

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm not sure I've seen enough of Dak this year to make any proclamations. I don't like how he fared in the playoffs last year. But, in his defense, the entire team played awful in that game. He has looked better physically these last couple of weeks.

I'm on the fence with Dak. Better than an average QB. But, he needs to get better in bigger games. I hope that he can. I really hope that he can.

I do know you only get so many chances to be THE guy in your career. You don't get unlimited shots at the playoffs. Superbowls are rare. This looks like a year that could change his narrative for the positive. He has the potential of making all of those who are hoping he fails looks ridiculous. I hope that he does. I hope we can finally get back to the Superbowl and win it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Vikings are legit.

Exactly! On both sides of the ball. We play them in a few weeks. We will see what we are then. We lose to GB after the bye, then we know we're not as scary as people are starting to talk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Wow, where did the old @erod go??? Did somebody kidnap him and hack his computer?
:muttley::p:D

I like this new @erod version. Keep speaking truth bro!
:thumbup::flagwave::starspin:
:hammer:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
You take the best QB in the NFC, add a top 5 defense in the league, sprinkle in perhaps the best 1-2 RB combo, and...

b283a5f3-413b-497a-8f61-a8a15ae165da_text.gif