Twitter: Dak missed open receivers on two biggest plays

Zman5

Reaction score
The OP's opinion carries no weight in what Baldy was saying. Only what Baldy was saying. Just because the OP was wrong, it doesn't add value to the wrong impression.
What exactly he said is...Ferguson did poorly (but he doesn't clarify exactly how he did things differently than Lamb).

Some people too eager to criticize Dak (OP). Some too eager to defend him (you).

Funny how you keep avoiding what Baldy said exactly about Cooks and only mentioned what he said about Fergie.

Read what HE EXACTLY said about Dak and Cooks. Not what you think he meant.

"If he comes to that side, the wide side of the field. Like Brandon Cooks is going to walk into the end zone and nobody is going to be around him".

Ken

Reaction score
Illegal pick wth are you talking about? Sounds like another excuse for your boi
Watch ceedee...he literally was blocking...not trying to run a route.

Sorry if you can't get past actual football talk to take it back to bashing the guy who had us in the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
Wow. Dak missed 2 open receivers the entire game!

It was actually 1 since the one involving Cooks was a good play by Dak considering an unblocked safety was bearing down on him at full speed. Also, Dak completed the pass with a perfectly thrown ball. If not for what should have been PI, that play is a TD.

He missed a wide open Ferguson, I will grant you that. But 1 throw the entire game is pretty damn good.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You should never have to depend on the refs to make a call or not make a call.

Schoonmaker should have run past the goal line as soon as he left the LOS, instead he started to run slightly up the field but then leveled off his route right on the goal line. Look at the play - there was no defender in front of him or towards the back of the end zone. Simply running slightly at an angle to the goal rather than parallel to it and it's a touchdown. Doesn't matter in that case if he's interferred with or not, or if Ferguson runs the play a bit better.

I know, Schoon is a rookie, I'll cut him some slack, he's got a chance to be the hero, got all excited and didn't know where he was on the field.

Just seems like every year something like that happens....

glimmerman

Reaction score
You're not accounting for the time that the ball has to travel in the air becuase it has to be thrown over the LB. It's not a ball thrown with zip.

You don't know where the safety is, so you can't say this with such certainty.
And it’a not even that. If we saw it from Daks view I bet you the LB looked closer to Fergie than he actually was. He was open but like you mentioned it’s a layered pass. Over the LBs head and drop it in. I know he can make that touch pass and when he sees the film he will be mad he didn’t put some air under it and drop it in. He was open enough at one point by enough enough that if it was designed to go there he would have hit him easy in stride. Remember the TD pass he threw to him, ( I think it was Fergie) was right over the middle. He threw the same TD attempt to Shoom the week before and he dropped it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wow. Dak missed 2 open receivers the entire game!

It was actually 1 since the one involving Cooks was a good play by Dak considering an unblocked safety was bearing down on him at full speed. Also, Dak completed the pass with a perfectly thrown ball. If not for what should have been PI, that play is a TD.

He missed a wide open Ferguson, I will grant you that. But 1 throw the entire game is pretty damn good.
I have seen brady miss the same wide open receiver twice in one game. He was mad when he watched film on the sidelines..

calico

Reaction score
Dak’s been leaving a ton of meat on the bone since 2016. He doesn’t get any better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Looking back at the video it looks like he looked at him when he first blew past LB but Fergie was not looking. A second later Dak moved on and Fergie was looking back with hands up. He would have put it up and hope Fergie looked back in time. Happens so fast and it’s easy for us to see them open. Imagine being a WR and being open all the time. Going back to the huddle or on the sidelines telling him “look at the video bro I am getting open.”

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Funny how you keep avoiding what Baldy said exactly about Cooks and only mentioned what he said about Fergie.

Read what HE EXACTLY said about Dak and Cooks. Not what you think he meant.

"If he comes to that side, the wide side of the field. Like Brandon Cooks is going to walk into the end zone and nobody is going to be around him".
I didn't avoid it at all. I already addressed it.

That statement is a statement of fact.

IF he goes that way. That is true.

There are reasons he couldn't. But IF he had been able to, Cooks walks in...because, *drum-roll* in Baldy's estimation Lamb ran the play different than Ferg.

Zman5

Reaction score
I didn't avoid it at all. I already addressed it.

That statement is a statement of fact.

IF he goes that way. That is true.

There are reasons he couldn't. But IF he had been able to, Cooks walks in...because, *drum-roll* in Baldy's estimation Lamb ran the play different than Ferg.
Anybody watching that video can see that if the ball had been thrown to Cooks way he would have walked in. There was no need for Baldy to say that if all he wanted to do was let people know that as statement of fact. Especially to the type of fans who would be watching his film break downs. They are not some casual fans.

It's very evident the way he presented the video along with what he actually said, he definitely implied that Dak could have gone to Cooks on this play.
Just look at some of the comments posted on this thread. There are many who believe Cook was a possible option on that play based on Baldy's video.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've been a Dak critic for years. Blaming him for the Philly loss tells me a lot...about the fans doing it. C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S.

Dak was the only reason the Cowboys had a chance in this one. Sad to see older fans make fools of themselves. :rolleyes:

Zman5

Reaction score
Except the Blitzer coming from the right side between G and T reached Dak within a split second, untouched, thus would have not left Dak time to release the pass had Dak decided to throw it to Cooks on the right side instead. Funny how Baldy and you Dak critics didn't realize, notice or say that.

Watch the tape properly over and over. Something Baldy and you critics failed to do. Go to the 10:51 minute mark...

Replay it over and over. Pay close attention.

I think you quoted the wrong guy. I was making the same point you are making.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cooks and Ferguson were open on two critical 4th down plays. :facepalm:

Except the Blitzer coming from the right side between G and T reached Dak within a split second, untouched, thus would have not left Dak time to release the pass had Dak decided to throw it to Cooks on the right side instead. Funny how Baldy and you Dak critics didn't realize, notice or say that.

Watch the tape properly over and over. Something Baldy and you critics failed to do. Go to the 10:51 minute mark...

Replay it over and over. Pay close attention.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The middle of the field beyond 15 yd is not Dak's cup of tea..
That's putting it diplomatically.

The endzone there's no excuse.

Fortunately his got a couple gimme games to pad hid 5 yd passing attack.