Twitter: Dak missed open receivers on two biggest plays

Wangchung83

Reaction score
If he threw it to Cooks, no doubt a Flag is thrown for the illegal pick by Ceedee.

Tolbert play was there but the defender interfered. Should have been a PI.
Illegal pick wth are you talking about? Sounds like another excuse for your boi

Sydla

Reaction score
Cooks and Ferguson were open on two critical 4th down plays. :facepalm:

The first one I can’t really kill him for. He is looking at what looks like the designed play plus there is a blitzer about to smear him. If he circles back to Cooks, it’s a sack.

The second? Yeah, he ***** up.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Then why is he not showing the whole screen that shows the blitzer when implying Dak could have gone to Cooks?

It's clear as day when you see the blitzer coming, Dak had no chance to go to Cooks as the second read on that play.

bWLIwnIr_o.png
He wasn't implying he could have gone to Cooks.

He was implying Ferguson didn't pay attention to the little details of his route.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The second one there was a man in front of TE. Yes he was open but if you look from Daks view it would have been a touch pass and in his field of view the coverage was side to side for the receiver he threw to. Not straight down the middle. On the goal line play he missed it. It’s bang bang. Play likely designed to go there. If he saw it he would have thrown there. If he looks and Cooks was covered he could not have came back to other receiver. Not making excuses but things happen fast after ball is snapped. But Cooks was open for days..
Yea I've seen this 500 times and nobody ever shows where the safety is. I think Ferg is open, but that ball has to be layered over the LB and if there's a safety creeping that's a low percentage play.

Dak went to the man-to-man coverage. It's not his fault that the Cowboys only have 1 WR who can ever win a route.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yea I've seen this 500 times and nobody ever shows where the safety is. I think Ferg is open, but that ball has to be layered over the LB and if there's a safety creeping that's a low percentage play.
Please. That Ferg play is wide open in the NFL.

Zman5

Reaction score
He wasn't implying he could have gone to Cooks.

He was implying Ferguson didn't pay attention to the little details of his route.

Thats not how I heard it. It ooks like the OP heard it the same way based on the thread title.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Please.

Show me where the safety is.
He's so far away that he's not even in the frame, and it's not exactly a zoomed-in shot.

If you want to claim a safety might have got to Ferg before he scored, fine. But that would have been an easy first down at the very least.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
He's so far away that he's not even in the frame, and it's not exactly a zoomed-in shot.

If you want to claim a safety might have got to Ferg before he scored, fine. But that would have been an easy first down at the very least.
You're not accounting for the time that the ball has to travel in the air becuase it has to be thrown over the LB. It's not a ball thrown with zip.

You don't know where the safety is, so you can't say this with such certainty.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What was TP doing on that goaline play he has to try and ignore the free blitzer.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
You're not accounting for the time that the ball has to travel in the air becuase it has to be thrown over the LB. It's not a ball thrown with zip.

You don't know where the safety is, so you can't say this with such certainty.
Stop this video at :03 and tell me that isn't wide open. Nobody is close.

And let it go another second and you can see nobody is at least seven or eight yards behind Ferg, either.

I find it ironic that you are a big Dak supporter (I assume) but you don't think he can make that throw.

Creeper

Reaction score
Notice how Baldy doesn't show the whole screen when showing this play. Wonder why? Because what really happened doesn't match his BS explanation.
He doesn't want to show the free blitzer coming right at Dak. Talk about being little dishonest.

Dak had a free blitzer coming right at him. He didn't have a chance to go to his second read which most likely would have been Cooks. It's clear Schoon was the 1st read on that play by the way Dak is looking to that side from the start of the play.

AAbxLrwY_o.png
Thanks for posting this. I saw the video of this play from this angle and when you see it it is clear Cooks was not an option. Dak had to make a quick decision and get rid of the ball. In fact, when you watch the play it looks like Dak actually threw the ball a little bit earlier than he wanted which is why Schoonmake was not at or in the end zone when he caught the ball.

Maybe it could be argued that Dak should have seen the blitz and called a different protection but I think he did the right thing throwing it to Schoonmaker. 99 out of 100 times that is a TD or a penalty. Schonn was definitely tackled before the ball arrives.

The Ferguson play was a mistake by Dak. If he sees Ferguson and make a decent throw it could have been a TD. But in the heat of a game mistakes are made. People want Dak to be perfect.

I really think we should be more worried about Terence Steele. I think the Eagles saw something with Steele and took advantage of it. If every team does the same thing the Cowboys are going to struggle on offense.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

And let it go another second and you can see nobody is at least seven or eight yards behind Ferg, either.

I find it ironic that you are a big Dak supporter (I assume) but you don't think he can make that throw.

SHOW ME THE SAFETY. For all you know, he's already dropped his hips and is driving on Ferg.

He can make the throw, I didn't say he can't. The progression is to go to the guy with 1-1 coverage. The point is that it's not some egregious miss. Based on the pre-snap look and wherever the safety is, the play is designed to go to the backside WR who is in man coverage. He has to win a route.

At :03 the ball is already gone lol. I didn't realize that before. People are nitpicking the WR being open after the ball is already thrown and Ferg hasn't even crossed the LB's face yet. If he waits for Ferg to get open, all you'd say is he holds the ball too long and can't process.

I will say it again. It is the correct read and the correct throw, the WR has to win a route.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

Ferg was open dak didn't even see him. shrugs....

Sydla

Reaction score

Mac is largely an excuse maker for everything that goes down in Cowboys land. So here, he's going to defend Dak but the reality is Dak just missed Ferguson.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walk in TD. Saw it immediately on the broadcast. After the play I backed up the play and show the family. They instantly understood my reason for cussing.